Mini Trip -- September 19 - 22

Enjoy your trip, hope you enjoy Boma breakfast(we loved it), can't wait to read your reviews!!!

We LOVED Boma...that will be the last review as it was the last place we ate. Stay tuned.

Yay! Glad you had a great time...can't wait for full reviews!

Thank you. I've started...Sci Fi will be coming soon.

I can't wait until you get home and do a full review...but do not want your trip to end for your sake. :hug:

It sounds like an absolutely wonderful trip in every possible way!

Safe travels!! (where are you spending Monday might?)

Thanks, Christine. We had an uneventful flight home (first time in two years)--and actually landed 20 minutes early.

Looking forward to reading all your reviews!!!!

Thanks...I've started and will try to finish them all tonight.

Love, love, love the pics!!!!!!!:yay:

Thanks. We were laughing so much that we couldn't stop when the pics were being taken! :rotfl2:

Kathy, can't wait to hear about your dining adventures!!!

23 more days til our stay at CSR !!! (I really hope the conventioneers don't take up all of the rooms in Casitas 4 or 5)

Thank you...as you see, I've finally started (someone named NIC was being pushy! :lmao: I hope you get Casitas 4 or 5 too. I haven't started my CSR review or my trip report yet, but we stayed in Cabanas 9A this time (the first time in eight stays); although it was very nice, we REALLY prefer the Casitas.

:goodvibes Great review! Sorry I am late joining in, but real life sometimes just doesn't leave enough time for my DlS addiction.

Loved the photos of you and Nicki and your review of CP. I wonder if we ever make it there :lmao:!

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Thanks! Nicki was a delight. I wish we had more time to spend together, but we hope to hook up with her at Disney or back in Marco next year.

You MUST do CP...the breakfast is awesome and if you can get the 8:05 adr before the park opens it is just so neat and special to walk down Main Street when no one else is there.

Sci Fi, Saturday, September 19 -- 5:40 p.m. ADR.

We checked in, were given a beeper, and seated within three minutes (I was surprised--every restaurant we were seated within five minutes except for LeCellier--we had about a 25 minute wait there).

IMG_2325.jpg

I did not take pictures of menu--I decided since Nicki does that and we eat at a lot of the same places that I'd leave that chore to her.

At Nicki's suggestion, we tried the onion rings. Oh my goodness...can you say LOVE AT FIRST BITE. These onion rings were just perfect! I wish we had ordered two orders:

IMG_2320.jpg

Nicki had recommended the reuben for Mark because I mentioned how much he liked the one at The Plaza. Hence, Mark ordered the reuben:

IMG_2321.jpg

Sorry...you'll note that there is a BITE out of the reuben. The silly boy forgot that he could NOT eat until I took a picture. I don't know where his head is sometimes. :rotfl2:

Since we were there for dinner, nothing on the menu really grabbed me. I didn't want shrimp as I knew I'd be eating a lot of fish in Marco Island and I was a little leery of the ribs. I asked our waiter how come know cheeseburger on the dinner menu and he said if it's a cheeseburger you want, then it is a cheeseburger you will have. I ordered it medium well and it came out perfect...just a tinge of pink.

IMG_2322.jpg

We did not order dessert...both of us were full after the onion rings and the huge sandwiches (plus, I wanted my first box of Disney popcorn).

The food was great. I give the onion rings an A+, Mark gave the reuben an A+ but still prefers the one at The Plaza just a a tad better and my cheeseburger I would give a B+ too.

Here's a picture that our great waiter took of us before we left (I forgot his name...but he was a lot of fun and he was terrific):

IMG_2324.jpg

Up next: Lunch at LeCellier. Will we still love it or has it gone downhill as others have said?

I absolutely agree with you on the onion rings, :love:
As Nicki suggested, we tried them too and they were devine. Made a note of the reuben Mark had - I might need to suggest that to Tom :rotfl2:

Reading all of those reviews really makes me aware of the fact that I need to do mine as well :rotfl:!

This is so much fun!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures, Kathy. You two sure look happy!!

Thanks. We were sooooooo happy to be at DW.

I absolutely agree with you on the onion rings, :love:
As Nicki suggested, we tried them too and they were devine. Made a note of the reuben Mark had - I might need to suggest that to Tom :rotfl2:

Reading all of those reviews really makes me aware of the fact that I need to do mine as well :rotfl:!

Yes, definitely mention the reuben to Tom. And yes, you need to do your reviews as well! :thumbsup2

We loved the burgers at Sci-Fi and the place is just too darn cute!

It is a cute place -- I agree!

Okay...one more review and then I have to go cook Mark dinner...can you believe it, the man expects me to cook on my last day of vacation. I really wonder if I should trade him in? :rotfl2:

Lunch at LeCellier on Sunday, September 21 -- 12:55 p.m. ADR.

We arrived at around 12:45 and checked in.

IMG_2388.jpg

It was a little crowded...no seats available inside (and too hot to sit outside). We had about a 20-25 minute wait for our table. When we were led to our table, there were about five or six tables with no one at them. Now, I don't know if they've cut back on staff for serving and this is why, or if they've cut back on staff for cleaning the tables and it takes them so long to clean them, etc.

In any event, we were seated and I ordered a Diet Coke and Mark ordered a Iced Tea. I am really bad at remembering names, but we had a wonderful waitress and she was training someone new--she was earning her ears. Both were delightful young women from Canada.

We started off with the ever popular and delicious Cheddar Cheese Soup. This is the first year I actually tasted the beer in the soup, but it was still delicious and great with the pretzel bread and the sourdough bread (my personal favorite).

IMG_2381.jpg

Mark was having a really hard time deciding what to have. He couldn't decide between the New York Strip, the Prime Rib sandwich or the Mushroom Filet. Well, the mushroom filet won out; I had the same thing, but I did not get the mushrooms--I substituted for the cream cheese mashed potatos; Mark kept the mushrooms and got the potatos too (and no extra charge!).

With the mushrooms:

IMG_2382.jpg

Without the mushrooms:

IMG_2383.jpg

Both filets were cooked exactly as ordered and as tender as could be (you could cut without a knife).

I had my all-time favorite Disney dessert--the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake (okay, can you just box one or two cakes and ship them to me, please! :rotfl:). Mark had the apple tart which he declared his new favorite dessert at LeCellier:

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

This is about the fourth or fifth time we have eaten at LeCellier and we have always had a great meal and awesome service. Nothing changed on this trip. I'm not sure why some people find it overrated--I'm guessing they have hit it on a bad day or something. But LeCellier will remain on our to do list every trip until it fails us.

Wow, I can't believe your trip is over all ready! That went by fast! :eek:
I am enjoying you reviews. Sounds like things went well.

I couldn't agree more with your opinion of LeCellier. We've been several times and think it's the best 1 TS restaurant in all of WDW!

Now about that man expecting you to cook dinner on your last night of vacation....:rolleyes1. You know you're not trading him in, you've got a good one and they're not that easy to find.;)

I have to ask ... what are those green garnishes on top of your chocolate whiskey cake (which looks divine, by the way)?? From my perspective it looks like green tinted miniature flatware. :laughing:

love the pics of you and your hubby and Nicki - you guys look like you were having a terrific time. :goodvibes

I couldn't agree more with your opinion of LeCellier. We've been several times and think it's the best 1 TS restaurant in all of WDW!

Now about that man expecting you to cook dinner on your last night of vacation....:rolleyes1. You know you're not trading him in, you've got as good one and they're not that easy to find.;)

Yeah, I guess I'll keep him...not many men love Disney as much as my man!

Wow, I can't believe your trip is over all ready! That went by fast! :eek:
I am enjoying you reviews. Sounds like things went well.

I can't believe it is over either. I'm already wishing we were back...especially since it is in the 50's here and going down to 40 at night! :eek:

I have to ask ... what are those green garnishes on top of your chocolate whiskey cake (which looks divine, by the way)?? From my perspective it looks like green tinted miniature flatware. :laughing:

love the pics of you and your hubby and Nicki - you guys look like you were having a terrific time. :goodvibes

The green garnish is actually a VERY hard Mickey candy--they put that on the cake for our anniversary as our "celebration."

Thanks--glad you liked the pictures. We did have a terrific time. :thumbsup2 Although I think everyone who was sitting around us at Starbucks thought we were nuts. :rotfl::lmao:

The green garnish is actually a VERY hard Mickey candy--they put that on the cake for our anniversary as our "celebration."

Ohhhhh! Now I see it! :lmao:

Thanks--glad you liked the pictures. We did have a terrific time. :thumbsup2 Although I think everyone who was sitting around us at Starbucks thought we were nuts. :rotfl::lmao:

As long as you were having fun good for you. :thumbsup2

Welcome back Kat! I'm sorry your vacation is over. Your pictures look wonderful. The LeCellier ones are making me hungry! Any other info on the apple tart? It looks great.

Michelle

Welcome back Kat! I'm sorry your vacation is over. Your pictures look wonderful. The LeCellier ones are making me hungry! Any other info on the apple tart? It looks great.

Michelle

Okay, Mark says it was an apple tart which was in flaky pie crust type thing, with a cinnamon flavor, with ice cream and little apple shavings around it. Like I said, a new favorite!

Dinner on Sunday, September 20 -- Cosmic Rays at the MK

We went here last year for the first time in many, many years and fell in love with it. We'd also done Pecos Bills last year and weren't that impressed with it, so we decided to go back to Cosmic Rays this year.

I had what I had last year -- the barbecued pork with the eclipse potato chips. I LOVE these chips and the sandwich was very good...although too much of the pork--it was falling out of the bun no matter what I did with it--cut it, held it with two hands in different ways :rotfl:. But so, so good.

IMG_2405.jpg

Mark had the turkey wrap last year and loved it. But he thought he'd try something new this year. He had the cheese steak with apple slices. He was sorry that he didn't get the turkey wrap. He said the cheese steak was okay, but the cheese was kind of gross and he scraped most of it off and went to the "topping" bar and got his own toppings to put on the sandwich.

IMG_2404.jpg

I enjoyed my meal as much as last year; Mark not so much. Next year, I think we'll go back to Columbia Harbor House as we've not been there for a few years.

Next up (after I get over to the resort boad and do my CSR review before they all chew my head off over there...demanding group around here on the DIS ala Nicki :rotfl::lmao::rotfl:) will be our breakfast at Waffle House and dinner at Liberty Tree Inn on Monday and then The Plaza on Tuesday before heading off to Marco Island. And then once back from Marco Island, we have Fulton's at Boma.

Awesome stuff Kat, looks like you guys had a bunch of great food. Looking foward to Le Cellier next Monday evening! Can't wait to dig into that filet with the cream cheese mashed potatoes.

Great reviews! We did Sci Fi this past trip-I wish I had thought to order the onion rings, they look just awesome. Drool....!

Mark had the turkey wrap last year and loved it. But he thought he'd try something new this year. He had the cheese steak with apple slices. He was sorry that he didn't get the turkey wrap. He said the cheese steak was okay, but the cheese was kind of gross and he scraped most of it off and went to the "topping" bar and got his own toppings to put on the sandwich.

IMG_2404.jpg

I enjoyed my meal as much as last year; Mark not so much. Next year, I think we'll go back to Columbia Harbor House as we've not been there for a few years.

Why didn't Mark like the steak sandwich? It doesn't look half bad in the picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter