Met Any Celebs While Touring?

DD was on Dumbo on our last visit in April 2014 and Samantha Brown from Travel Channel was on the other side.
113777-7abebdd1c95d4a0adc34237ea28f4279.jpg
Samantha Brown's hotness is underrated in the Grand Scheme.

a long time ago at AKL there was some ceremony thing going on and the celebs stayed at AKL, so ran into Mickey Rooney and Bruce Jenner (still Bruce then) at Boma. No not together.

I saw Betty White at MK in one of the stores several years ago. She looked very pretty in person.

Alan Thicke was dining at Biergarten a few tables over from us when I was a kid. This was during Growing Pains' heyday. I was so excited! :)

For you youngins: Robin Thicke's dad. 80s/90s TV star. Way more impressive then than now.

I've seen several celebrities at WDW over the years. I saw Regis Philbin in the lobby at Animal Kingdom Lodge. He had several security folks with him. I saw Julie Andrews at the Studios - she was at one of the stores autographing a children's book she had written. I passed by Peter Jennings (Anchor of ABC World News Tonight) as I was going into an elevator he was in at the Contemporary. I saw Robert Shaw (from Jaws fame) at River Country back in the 1970's. But the best is that I saw Walt Disney at the 1964-65 World's Fair in New York. I was only 5 years old at the time so I don't have any recollection of seeing him!

Michael Jackson cut right in front of me on Space Mountain one time. We were the next group ready to board and all of a sudden a bunch of cast members came up to us and asked us to take a couple of steps back. Michael Jackson walked in out of the side door with 2 bodyguards and 3 young boys. They hopped in the car we were supposed to be on and away they went. There was lots of screaming and taking of pictures from those in line, especially when the train stopped at the safety check which gave enough time for everyone in line to recognize what was going on.

Last edited:
Back in 1998 we saw MJ walking with a bunch of bodyguards at PI... They were no more than 20 ft away from us.. (I'm not a fan of him but it was cool seeing him).

This happened to me. In Vegas 2001. However, I got a close up encounter with him and his entourage of guards only because I was asked to leave a Houdini Magic shop so he can shop alone. I was the only other patron in there and they wanted to lock the doors for his shopping pleasure. I never knew I was capable of ruining a wealthy's person shopping experience, but who knows what mayhem lies hidden in us. :rolleyes2 Oh, MJ...may you rest in peace :sad2:

ETA: Depends on our definitions of "celebrity". I must have had similar touring plans with Snooki one day in MK, as I just couldn't seem to shake her and her big party.

When I was in high school in California, my high schol choir was the living Christmas Tree during the Candlelight Processional. My first year I met Michael Landon, and the 2nd year I met Ed Asner and Jason Robards - they were the narrators those years. Michael Landon was a lovely man, I remember he had a wonderful smile and laugh and made a point of going around to each choir to say hello. Ed Asner and Jason Robards were a little more standoffish, but they were nice enough.

Back in the early 2000s, a few friends and I visited then-MGM Studios while they still had Who Wants to be a Millionaire. The host came out, and my best friend and I kept talking about how he looked so familiar. About 10 minutes in with the first contestant in the hot seat, we both looked at each other at the same time and said "Supermarket Sweep!" Yes, we swear it was the former host of Supermarket Sweep!

After playing along, I actually had the top audience score and was the second person in the hot seat. I just remember being in awe.

I don't know if he was just there for a limited time, and I've done Internet searches over the years to try to confirm this, but found nothing. But we swear it was him...

December I believe it was, we saw Jenelle from 16 and pregnant/teen mom. Her and her mom lol.

Unfortunately that's the only "celeb" I've encountered.
We saw her there in October of 2014! Ive seen plaids around and looked but never recognize anyone.

Yesterday at Hollywood Studios, two plaids and a big group came in at The Brown Derby, and I caught a glimpse of a guy, who I thought I recognized as an actor, and I couldn't help but think it looked like Robert England. I could be wrong, obviously. Lol. Guess I'll never know. My friend didn't know who he was, but when I pulled up a photo of Robert E. she thought it looked like him, too. IDK.

Wow that was pretty rude of her.

Wait...Someone and their daughter had a Peter Pan car to themselves? Um...I wouldn't want a third person sharing that seat with me either. My husband and I have NEVER had a third person shoved into our car with us. Courtney Cox was not rude for wanting that. I would have done the same.

Not me, but a colleague and his family saw John Lennon and May Pang while they were staying at the Polynesian in December of '74. This colleague was only 14 at the time but knew who JL was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter