Meghan and Harry in "near catastrophic" car chase

I never understood about the Paris chase. The press had a gazillion pictures of Diana. I get she was with a new boyfriend.
But why try and race them? Why not just let them take a picture and drive (with a seatbelt) on a decent speed.

I never understood about the Paris chase. The press had a gazillion pictures of Diana. I get she was with a new boyfriend.
But why try and race them? Why not just let them take a picture and drive (with a seatbelt) on a decent speed.
They made money for pictures, especially with a boyfriend.

The driver was employed by the Fayed family, ie Diana’s boyfriend, and not part of royal protection staff. Diana gave up her royal security detail as part of her divorce. Had she still had it, the driver likely wouldn’t have been drunk, and paparazzi likely wouldn’t have been allowed to get so close. It’s part of the reason Harry has been so focused on obsessed with security.

NYPD: “On Wednesday evening, May 16, the NYPD assisted the private security team protecting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. There were numerous photographers that made their transport challenging. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at their destination and there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries, or arrests in regard.”

Harry is suing the British Home Office because they will not allow him to have free or paid police protection as he is no longer a working royal. In the U.K. private security firms are not allowed to carry firearms.
Perhaps this recent report to to support the U.K. case?
Anyway, please don’t chase them, because most Brits are rather relieved that they have settled in the US.
Also, do you think there is any truth in reports that Disney’s collaboration with Miss Markle, caused them to slight Catherine, Princess of Wales in the live action Little Mermaid film? Apparently there is a scene where the Prince tries to guess Ariel’s name. He first guesses Diana, and then Catherine, at which point Ariel makes a face of dislike. Hmmm.

I’ll be honest when I heard on the news, my mind went back to 97’ with Diana.
I can’t imagine having that kind of fishbowl life.

On the other hand I think Harry and Megan are “sus”.

That's exactly what happened to me. I flashed back to Princess Diana and how her life ended because of photographers and I started to cry. No one deserves to have that happen to him. Harry must have been in a panic.

That's exactly what happened to me. I flashed back to Princess Diana and how her life ended because of photographers and I started to cry. No one deserves to have that happen to him. Harry must have been in a panic.

In a panic? There was ZERO DANGER. All they had to do was tell their driver to PULL OVER. Good grief. What happened to Diana was a preventable tragedy - largely preventable by she herself. This supposed “near tragedy” of Harry’s was completely of his own making - and apparently largely in his own mind…

In a panic? There was ZERO DANGER. All they had to do was tell their driver to PULL OVER. Good grief. What happened to Diana was a preventable tragedy - largely preventable by she herself. This supposed “near tragedy” of Harry’s was completely of his own making - and apparently largely in his own mind…
Good grief. That seems to be an overreaction.

If their driver is driving erratically tell him to pull over.
And wear a freaking seatbelt.

Last edited:
While at the grocery store today I saw a headline on a paper saying that Megan is expecting again and that's the reason she didn't attend the coronation. What do you think of that?

I heard about the car chase while driving home from the store and the person on the radio made a very good point saying there wouldn't be a car chase if they just did the speed limit and obeyed the rules of the road. Sometimes it's just so obvious.

While at the grocery store today I saw a headline on a paper saying that Megan is expecting again and that's the reason she didn't attend the coronation. What do you think of that?

I heard about the car chase while driving home from the store and the person on the radio made a very good point saying there wouldn't be a car chase if they just did the speed limit and obeyed the rules of the road. Sometimes it's just so obvious.
Is it possible to even GET to the speed limit in NYC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter