May 2010 Code Watch - Room Only Discount 25% to 45% off!!

I'm in!!!!! We will be staying May 15th - May 23 at AKL for the first time!!! Hoping for the 4/3 deal!!! :cool1:

Back from the beach. I am in earnest now planning my WDW vacation in May 2010. I am so excited:yay:
pixiedust:Spreading pixie dust for everyones Happy Thoughts

I am a newbie, but were are booked for the POP from 5/22-5/29/2010. This will be our first trip to Disney!

You will love AKL its my favorite place to go. Its beautiful and the atmosphere is wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy:)

Hoping for a great rate for Poly May 29-31 before checking into BLT!:goodvibes

Just subbed. I have to be in Orlando on business May 6-8, so we're planning to stay on property from the 8-12. Hoping for a good discount for either a MK or Epcot resort (other than the Swan/Dolphin), otherwise we'll just stay at a mod.

Planning our trip back for starting May 29 but length will depend on what kind of deal we can get. Originally planned on going till June 2nd but 4/3 comes back we'll be staying till June 5th.:cheer2: WE stayed at ASMu last and loved it but the hotels I would love for this year are WL and CBR. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of deal. DH won't let me officially book until there is a deal out. Grrr!

We will be staying at AKL from 5/23 to 5/29 or 5/30 (depending on the deal).

I'm already 80% planned, I just have to wait until hours and ADR's come out to finish up.

Oh yeah, and make DH happy by waiting for a deal (even though we are going to go no matter what). We missed this year and I can't wait to get back!

I'm looking to book a week at WDW sometime in late April or Early May of next year for our 10th anniversary (we did our Honeymoon at the Yacht Club but haven't been able to get back since). We haven't booked yet, I was waiting for the 4/3 or 5/7 deal to come out for that time frame.

It seems like most people in this thread book BEFORE they have promotional discounts or codes and just hope one shows up so they can rebook? Is this to ensure that you get the specific accomodations you want? Are there any issues with deposits or change fees with this approach?

I ask because we'll be bringing our two little ones and MAYBE my wife's parents depending on the kind of discounts we can get, but basically we'll be looking for the best value we can get in a price range. So if we can get the 4/3 deal maybe we splurge on the Poly, but if not, we'd probably end up doing something cheaper, etc.

And if we can't get a deal for those times, we may even consider waiting until later in the summer (our *actual* anniversary is in August, but we'd be doing an early celebration for the kids' sake) if we could get the free dining.

What's the best approach with this? It's been a decade since I booked with Disney :)

I'm new to the DIS. But am so glad to find a place where people love Disney as much as I do.:woohoo:

I haven't booked yet but would like to book for May 15 to May 22, 2010. That's my birthday week and I've always wanted to celebrate it at Disney. I hope that they offer a great room only discount (planning to get the Annual Pass because I also want to go back at the end of August, early September.) :worship: Looking forward to the Flowers and Garden Festival.

Planning our 4th trip May 22nd-30th, wouldn't a code be just awesome :woohoo:

So with the discount codes, does it usually not matter which resort you stay at, or is it just whatever discount they're offering at the time?

I'm looking to book a week at WDW sometime in late April or Early May of next year for our 10th anniversary (we did our Honeymoon at the Yacht Club but haven't been able to get back since). We haven't booked yet, I was waiting for the 4/3 or 5/7 deal to come out for that time frame.

It seems like most people in this thread book BEFORE they have promotional discounts or codes and just hope one shows up so they can rebook? Is this to ensure that you get the specific accomodations you want? Are there any issues with deposits or change fees with this approach?

I ask because we'll be bringing our two little ones and MAYBE my wife's parents depending on the kind of discounts we can get, but basically we'll be looking for the best value we can get in a price range. So if we can get the 4/3 deal maybe we splurge on the Poly, but if not, we'd probably end up doing something cheaper, etc.

And if we can't get a deal for those times, we may even consider waiting until later in the summer (our *actual* anniversary is in August, but we'd be doing an early celebration for the kids' sake) if we could get the free dining.

What's the best approach with this? It's been a decade since I booked with Disney :)
I would like to know the answer to this too, if anyone has experience in having done this in previous years, ie- booking a room only or a package, and then applying a promotion to it later on, like the 4/3 deal. We are already booked for the Yacht Club May 16-23, 2010 because there are very few rooms that are in our desired category (Concierge level, lagoon view for 4 people). So we always book early to secure our room type…right now we just have room only but are hoping to upgrade to a package if the 4/3 comes out, keeping my fingers crossed! Has anyone done this before? Was it easy, or did you have to cancel and rebook?

I would like to know the answer to this too, if anyone has experience in having done this in previous years, ie- booking a room only or a package, and then applying a promotion to it later on, like the 4/3 deal. We are already booked for the Yacht Club May 16-23, 2010 because there are very few rooms that are in our desired category (Concierge level, lagoon view for 4 people). So we always book early to secure our room type…right now we just have room only but are hoping to upgrade to a package if the 4/3 comes out, keeping my fingers crossed! Has anyone done this before? Was it easy, or did you have to cancel and rebook?

Super easy. Last year we booked the Grand Floridian CL.
When the promotion came out I called and in a few minuter everything was changed. Even kept the same booking- number.

Soooooooooooo keeping my fingers crossed for may 5-15 Grand Floridian cl:thumbsup2

Add me to the ever growing MAY list.:goodvibes

May 1-8, Poly.

Haven't booked yet- waiting on a code or a deal.

I've never been successful at the "Book before a deal comes out and apply the code at a later date" game.:confused3 Anytime I have tried this, they always tell me the rooms allotted for the deal have been sold out so they've had to cancel the ressie and I've had to switch resorts.

This time- we're hoping for a code and the Poly.:goodvibes

We'll have fun waiting around here until the appropriate time.

Jo

Super easy. Last year we booked the Grand Floridian CL.
When the promotion came out I called and in a few minuter everything was changed. Even kept the same booking- number.

Soooooooooooo keeping my fingers crossed for may 5-15 Grand Floridian cl:thumbsup2

Wow- glad to see it works for some people. That gives me hope.
(And of course a strong desire to go ahead book- 'cause anytime you get to talk to Disney-- It's a GOOD day.):thumbsup2

:laughing:

Jo

Wow- glad to see it works for some people. That gives me hope.
(And of course a strong desire to go ahead book- 'cause anytime you get to talk to Disney-- It's a GOOD day.):thumbsup2

:laughing:

Jo

We already set the dates and booked the flights.
Coming from Europe its always a long term planning project.
Se promo or not we will be staying at the GF:lmao:

We already set the dates and booked the flights.
Coming from Europe its always a long term planning project.
Se promo or not we will be staying at the GF:lmao:

LOL- just coming from the middle of America- I somehow turn it into a long term planning project.:goodvibes

Hope your stay at the GF is a good one.

J~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter