• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Welcome everyone! Glad to see some others that book more than a year ahead. This will be our 4th DCL cruise, first time through the canal and we're super excited about it. I'll be 42 at cruise time, hubby is a year older, no kidlins. Definitely looking forward to so many sea days, but I also think the ports sound really interesting, we've never been to any of them. And the best part is we get to sail home to San Diego, no long depressing drive or flight home. :)

I know someone mentioned the BBQ. Here is the menu we had. The Rib Eyes were amazing.

DSC00303.jpg

Here is one of the ships photographers taking pictures of you on the ship in the locks.

DSCN1056.jpg

Another view of the first step up.

DSCN1057.jpg

This is the visitors center at the last set of locks we go through. DCL brings out the characters to wave the people who came to see the Disney ship.

DSCN1163.jpg

And this is the end of the Journey, the Bridge of the Americas.

DSCN1172.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks. I hope you guys enjoy them so you can get a small taste of what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Just booked this -- was on my bucket list! Me, DH, twin DS(8 at sailing), my mom, and stepdad.

We are absolutely all about FE and SM, if that happens. Can't wait!!!

twopeasonepod said:
Just booked this -- was on my bucket list! Me, DH, twin DS(8 at sailing), my mom, and stepdad.

Hello and welcome.

Just wanted to send greeting from WDW. Here for a week.

Just wanted to send greeting from WDW. Here for a week.

Very jealous of your time in WDW, enjoy the week!

We just booked this because it ends in our hometown, it will be our 5th Disney Cruise - 2nd WBPC! I will be 40, hubs will be 42, and our daughters will be 9 & 10.

We'll participate in a SMALL FE group, but no Secret Mickey for us. I guess this means another flight to Miami in 2014... I HATE flying:sad2: Looks like there are other PC repeaters, can't wait for another two weeks on the Wonder!

We don't have twins, but our girls are nine months apart:eek: Glad to see other, similarly aged kiddos onboard!

I volunteer to coordinate FE & SM, if someone hasn't already done so. Which means we'll gift more cabins; DH will be thrilled:rolleyes1

I volunteer to coordinate FE & SM, if someone hasn't already done so. Which means we'll gift more cabins; DH will be thrilled:rolleyes1

Just booked this cruise and very excited about going!! Already planning my Fe Gifts. I am all in! it is just Dh and I and I can't wait! :cool1: This will technically be our fourth DCL cruise since our third one will be this Sept with Friends.:thumbsup2

Perhaps we should save a marker page here on the low pages to coordinate names and ages for the FE List. I can help if necessary. let me know!

Just wanted to sign on to the board and this post after booking for the Firest-Siesta Transition.:cool1:My DW and I are finally taking the Panama Canal cruise and we also have 4 others with DCL. I know it is early but the DW is very excited about the cruise.. We tried to book a veranda but they were all gone and had to settle for an inside room which we have done once before and really don't mind the room ( Good to Sleep in):angel: Looking forward to the posts and hope that someone in concierge will host a meet and greet.:dance3: We have also done the fish finders before and like them for things and messages during the cruise and this is a long one for sure.:hourglass
James and D.Anne

jrp said:
Just wanted to sign on to the board and this post after booking for the Firest-Siesta Transition.:cool1:My DW and I are finally taking the Panama Canal cruise and we also have 4 others with DCL. I know it is early but the DW is very excited about the cruise.. We tried to book a veranda but they were all gone and had to settle for an inside room which we have done once before and really don't mind the room ( Good to Sleep in):angel: Looking forward to the posts and hope that someone in concierge will host a meet and greet.:dance3: We have also done the fish finders before and like them for things and messages during the cruise and this is a long one for sure.:hourglass
James and D.Anne

I just checked. It seems all room categories with a balcony are open. Just wondering if you looked at this years cruise or something.

Hi aan1701. I am using my DVC points to book the cruise and they only have so many blocks for this purpose. I told them the same thing about open rooms but they want the cash first. May be able to upgrade as the time gets closer or at the port. Thanks for the info though and I am really looking forward to talking with you ..pirate:

jrp said:
Hi aan1701. I am using my DVC points to book the cruise and they only have so many blocks for this purpose. I told them the same thing about open rooms but they want the cash first. May be able to upgrade as the time gets closer or at the port. Thanks for the info though and I am really looking forward to talking with you ..pirate:

Oh sorry. I did not know you were using points. My bad. I wouldn't know about the DVC blocks. I only use my points for WDW. Good info.

Hi Alan. Yep using the points. I am retired and disabled so I am poor all the time:rotfl2:Since we moved to Texas from Florida we rarely get back there. Still have a house we are paying for since the housing boom took a plop:confused3Have you ever hosted a meet and greet for the DISers who of course live Mickey Lime Green? The last cruise to Alaska we had about 20 attend and we all exchanged gifts throughout the cruise. Litle things to go into the fish extender. Usually from where you live and of course for the kids in the group. Hopefully someone will volunteer for this endeavor before the cruise and we can all see each other at the start after we board. What a great way to say hello:grouphug:JRP

Hi All:yay: Wanted to post a site that the dw and I used to get some tie-dyed t's for our cruise on the Mexican Riviera. They are bright with the green Mickey emblem dyed in the middle of th shirt. Lots of DISers are using them on their cruise with DCL so that others will recognized them as posters. Just a thought, and go see their products. I will post a pic of ours later when I find it.:dance3:
James and D.Anne

Hi PirateLife4Me:cool1:Thanks for the hello my friend. Looking forward to this. Been looking for some Navigators form a previous transition or as I like to say "The Fiesta-Siesta Transition" on the site without success yet, but I haven't given up yet..:firefight
100_1699.jpg

Hello friendly PC cruisers,
I and my family (DH, +3Kids), Mother, Father, Sister and Sister and family are seriously looking at this cruise after we missed out on the inside guarantee rooms for this year. We will need three rooms and we don't care how small they are, we just want to do the PC as a group. We may do four rooms depending on how we put the kids with my parents but I am wondering should we be looking to book now, or wait a few months? I really get scared looking at the prices but I don't want to over pay either.
Also, will there be a lot of other kids on the ship? Our youngest traveller will be 1 and the oldest 8. The cruise is a gift from my mother on her retirement so I think we will be all chipping in for tips as they will certainly add up over 15 days. Any helpful advice specific to this cruise is greatly appreciated!

SuperMommyJen
Alaska May 2000 Princess, Caribbean June 2003 RC, Caribbean Dec. 2004 HA
WDW 1981, 2001, 2012 (2xs)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter