• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2013 Disney Dream

Hi Janet, it is nice to meet you! This is going to be our first cruise as well. So i am like you guys all new to this. I have joined a group on facebook that has really been helpful here is the link....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/
I ordered my FE from Magical Dreams Boutique, you can find her on facebook as well. She completely customized ours, i just told her what i was looking for and she did such a wonderful job, she also makes the autograph pillow cases.

jennyjones78 said:
Hi Janet, it is nice to meet you! This is going to be our first cruise as well. So i am like you guys all new to this. I have joined a group on facebook that has really been helpful here is the link....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/
I ordered my FE from Magical Dreams Boutique, you can find her on facebook as well. She completely customized ours, i just told her what i was looking for and she did such a wonderful job, she also makes the autograph pillow cases.

Thank you Jennifer, it is nice to meet you too. I have a co-worker who is making my FE. We are having so much fun designing it together. I don't know if you have Pinterest but there are some great ideas for gifts. I

I looked into making my FE but i can't sew to save my life!! Not sure i could find the time either between work and the kids.
I do have Pinterest. I have a few Disney boards and Fish Extender boards as well. Here is my link. http://pinterest.com/jdmonroe/

It is official, my daughter and I will be joining you all for this fabulous cruise. She has no idea that we are going on a cruise and I can barely hold it in. Wish me luck that I can keep is a secret for the next 5 months...

jmarsh said:
It is official, my daughter and I will be joining you all for this fabulous cruise. She has no idea that we are going on a cruise and I can barely hold it in. Wish me luck that I can keep is a secret for the next 5 months...

That's wonderful!! What deck will you be on? We are on deck 8 room 8684. I don't know how you can keep it a secret, I have a big mouth!!! How old is your daughter? My boys are ages 14 and 2. All of us mommies and grandma's will need to get together at some point on the cruise so we will be able to put names to faces.

jennyjones78 said:
That's wonderful!! What deck will you be on? We are on deck 8 room 8684. I don't know how you can keep it a secret, I have a big mouth!!! How old is your daughter? My boys are ages 14 and 2. All of us mommies and grandma's will need to get together at some point on the cruise so we will be able to put names to faces.

My daughter is 10. I am having a hard time already. She says she knows where we are going and she may know because she is a huge snoop...we are deck 9 room 9101. And yes we have to get together at some point.

I believe I will have a lot of down time because I am afraid my daughter is going to ditch me for all the kid areas... I am planning on taking advantage of the spa if she does.

I think i will be in the same boat LOL I think the boys will have so much fun at the kids clubs they will forget about mom. I really want to do a lunch or brunch at Palo but i hate the thought of doing it alone so i am going to take advantage of the spa myself.

Count us in too. Me, my wife, DD9, & DD5 are all booked in an inside cabin midship on deck 7. I like inside cabins because they are dark and usually a little quiter. We may end up changing though since I see that the prices have come down on the deluxe staterooms with or without balconies. This will be my DD's first Disney cruise, but they are cruise vets on other cruise lines. My wife and I did the Wonder for our honeymoon way back in 2000, and have been trying to get back on DCL ever since. It is definitely a 5 star experience. We are Disney freaks though and go to WDW almost every year. Things had gotten stale and we wanted to add something a little different to our annual trip, so we decided to add a 3 day cruise at the end. We are booked 4 nights at POP, but if a good enough discount comes out we may change or add some extra days on at the beginning or end.

bigjrfan88 said:
Count us in too. Me, my wife, DD9, & DD5 are all booked in an inside cabin midship on deck 7. I like inside cabins because they are dark and usually a little quiter. We may end up changing though since I see that the prices have come down on the deluxe staterooms with or without balconies. This will be my DD's first Disney cruise, but they are cruise vets on other cruise lines. My wife and I did the Wonder for our honeymoon way back in 2000, and have been trying to get back on DCL ever since. It is definitely a 5 star experience. We are Disney freaks though and go to WDW almost every year. Things had gotten stale and we wanted to add something a little different to our annual trip, so we decided to add a 3 day cruise at the end. We are booked 4 nights at POP, but if a good enough discount comes out we may change or add some extra days on at the beginning or end.

Welcome to the cruise! This is my DD10 and my first cruise. She has no idea we are going on a cruise. I am hoping I can keep it a secret. She knows I am planning a vacation just no clue where. I am planning on doing 2 days at WDW after the cruise. I see that most people do before. I know 2 days won't even really get our feet wet but it is what it is... Are you guys interested in participating in the FE?

Hi Welcome, I am going on this cruise with my DD, SIL, GD (1.5), GS (5) The children have never been to WDW and none of have been on a Disney cruise before. I have been on several cruises myself, and my DD, SIL and GS have been to ALASKA on another cruise line. We are also going to WDW first also; we had reservations at the POP but I just found a better rate at Shades of Green so I now have both - we will have the last night before the cruise at POP anyway since the special for SHADES was only for 4 nights.

I have some ideas for my FE. And have one item for the children already. Do we want to start a FB page for out group, I will be glad to do it we want.

Going to go check the price on the room to see if it has dropped any, I think we can get it lowered as long as we have not made our final payment. We are ocean view on the 8th floor.

Starting to get excited :cheer2:

Hey, just noticed your sign in ,,,,,,,,,,,,, fan here too!

anamanxs said:
Hi Welcome, I am going on this cruise with my DD, SIL, GD (1.5), GS (5) The children have never been to WDW and none of have been on a Disney cruise before. I have been on several cruises myself, and my DD, SIL and GS have been to ALASKA on another cruise line. We are also going to WDW first also; we had reservations at the POP but I just found a better rate at Shades of Green so I now have both - we will have the last night before the cruise at POP anyway since the special for SHADES was only for 4 nights.

I have some ideas for my FE. And have one item for the children already. Do we want to start a FB page for out group, I will be glad to do it we want.

Going to go check the price on the room to see if it has dropped any, I think we can get it lowered as long as we have not made our final payment. We are ocean view on the 8th floor.

Starting to get excited :cheer2:

Hey, just noticed your sign in ,,,,,,,,,,,,, fan here too!

A FB Page would be great. If you start one I will subscribe...

That sounds like so much fun. We are going to do 3 days 2 nights at WDW before the cruise. We are staying at the Movie Resort. I wanted to stay at the Polynesian but i just didn't want to do that kind of price for such a short stay. We are making plans to do a week at Disney next Halloween and we will do a nicer resort then.

I just made a basic page, it is a closed group as recommended on the Disney pages. Here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/groups/269359996520135/ I also posted it on the Disney page under the files. :dance3:

Oh goodness look what happens when I'm away lol. I took Lathan to Oklahoma to visit his father and do some Christmas shopping. It looks like we will be moving there after our cruise. I am so excited for the FB page, i sent a request just now.
I am ready to start doing some crafts after the holidays..

Welcome back. Answered the request, any of us can approve members. Yea, we are up to 3 possibly 4.

Welcome back! So excited for this cruise. I am debating on telling my DD about the trip on NYE. We have hade a pretty difficult year and I think it will give her hope that 2013 is going to be amazing!

I have so many FE ideas and now that I found out I can ship one box to the port ahead of time I do not have to be limited.

I am thinking about shipping some of our things as well since we will be at Disney World before the cruise.
If you are going to tell your daughter at least wait until Christmas and make it a surprise and make sure you video tape it lol. I love to watch those kinds of videos.

Welcome back! So excited for this cruise. I am debating on telling my DD about the trip on NYE. We have hade a pretty difficult year and I think it will give her hope that 2013 is going to be amazing!

I have so many FE ideas and now that I found out I can ship one box to the port ahead of time I do not have to be limited.

I think that is a wonderful idea, then she can plan also and give her something to look forward to! I need to go find a Disney calendar for my Grandson to mark off the dates or make one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter