May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

So I have pretty much done the opposite of everything I've said I'm going to do. DD and I had villains tees for villains night and in looking for a shirt for DH, ended up changing my plan and bought dressier clothes (that will also be worn on semi-formal night.) I'd planned on going all out for pirate night but got fed up looking for costumes and decided to just do t-shirts. I also said that if I was to have any t-shirts made, I was ordering them because I had bad luck in the past using transfers. After looking at prices online, decided to use some left over transfers I had and just got plain tees from Michaels. I finished making our pirate t-shirts tonight. :lmao: pirate: I figured if they didn't hold up, they'd only be worn the one evening and I could toss them without being out much money. However, I'm pretty sure these came out 10x better than in the past because I have a different iron. It looks like it made a world of difference! Anyway, I was also going to make a pub crawl shirt and decided I didn't want to mess with it since I wasn't going to be ordering anything online. Months ago when the MM Club shirts were mentioned, I looked for them at our Old Navy Outlet, but they didn't have them. I didn't want to drive 40 miles to our non-outlet so decided against those as well.

We've a nice pile of stuff in the corner of our bedroom that we've been adding to over the last few months. Since we are getting down to the wire here, tomorrow we are going to go through everything, see what we still need so we can finish up shopping. Can't believe it's almost here!!!:cool1:

So I have pretty much done the opposite of everything I've said I'm going to do. DD and I had villains tees for villains night and in looking for a shirt for DH, ended up changing my plan and bought dressier clothes (that will also be worn on semi-formal night.) I'd planned on going all out for pirate night but got fed up looking for costumes and decided to just do t-shirts. I also said that if I was to have any t-shirts made, I was ordering them because I had bad luck in the past using transfers. After looking at prices online, decided to use some left over transfers I had and just got plain tees from Michaels. I finished making our pirate t-shirts tonight. :lmao: pirate: I figured if they didn't hold up, they'd only be worn the one evening and I could toss them without being out much money. However, I'm pretty sure these came out 10x better than in the past because I have a different iron. It looks like it made a world of difference! Anyway, I was also going to make a pub crawl shirt and decided I didn't want to mess with it since I wasn't going to be ordering anything online. Months ago when the MM Club shirts were mentioned, I looked for them at our Old Navy Outlet, but they didn't have them. I didn't want to drive 40 miles to our non-outlet so decided against those as well.

We've a nice pile of stuff in the corner of our bedroom that we've been adding to over the last few months. Since we are getting down to the wire here, tomorrow we are going to go through everything, see what we still need so we can finish up shopping. Can't believe it's almost here!!!:cool1:

Don't know if you are interested but there is a site called www.betterthanpants.com that has MM club shirts for a reasonable price and the turn around time is great too. At least back when I got mine they were! So excited say say we only have 20 days until we board!!

Hoody and Polo UPDATE - We just hit the 'magical' 10 for hoodies bringing the price down to $41.12 - Please remember to get any more requirements over to me today and I will be sending out paypal requests tomorrow and placing the order on Tuesday/Wednesday. Please do remember that prices are provisional until all have paid.

I ran a calculation through for up to 20 hoodies to see what cost difference that would make and at 20 we would only save about $0.70 per item (the difference between 9 and 10 made nearly $5 difference).

Please remember to check the list I have online - If you think you should be on that last and aren't, please contact me directly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgMTEDXPkTrwdGtyRmVLUG42cVMxOU9reDR0dkp2UFE&usp=sharing

Details of Polos/Hoodies including costs etc can be found here
http://p17blo.wordpress.com

We are trying to book our transfers in London from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport. Anyone have any experience with Exculsive Airports or Simple Airport Transfers? This is the last piece that I need complete.

We are trying to book our transfers in London from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport. Anyone have any experience with Exculsive Airports or Simple Airport Transfers? This is the last piece that I need complete.

Which hotel are you staying at?

No idea, sorry. I always get the train or the underground to/from the airport.

I was going to ask - does anyone need any maps of the London Underground, as I am happy to pick some up and bring them along?

Hoody and Polo UPDATE - We just hit the 'magical' 10 for hoodies bringing the price down to $41.12 - Please remember to get any more requirements over to me today and I will be sending out paypal requests tomorrow and placing the order on Tuesday/Wednesday. Please do remember that prices are provisional until all have paid.

I ran a calculation through for up to 20 hoodies to see what cost difference that would make and at 20 we would only save about $0.70 per item (the difference between 9 and 10 made nearly $5 difference).

Please remember to check the list I have online - If you think you should be on that last and aren't, please contact me directly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgMTEDXPkTrwdGtyRmVLUG42cVMxOU9reDR0dkp2UFE&usp=sharing

Details of Polos/Hoodies including costs etc can be found here
http://p17blo.wordpress.com
Paul, I was one of the folks considering the sweatshirt and/or polo. I am away from home (I am visiting my mom who just finished treatments for lung cancer :cool1:, she is scheduled to join us on our Med portion of this trip) and am leaning away from getting a shirt. If the option is still available tomorrow night when I get home, I might do it. Thanks for heading this up. (If I do the polo, do I get to chose the color?)

I'm pretty sure it is happening. Noel (birkner) will see this soon to confirm.

I bought my pink boa today!! :cheer2: But I had the 2 year old and the pink boa at the same time, so we are missing quite a few of the feathers :scared1: Apparently she was pulling them out as I was strolling through the rest of the store :headache:

LOL you made my day! I'd love to see her "breadcrumbs" in the store. :rotfl2:

Afternoon Everyone,

Whilst checking to see if DCL had allocated me a stateroom yet, I download a pre arrival guide from the DCL website, just to see what is was. It lists lots of interesting things such as your tablemates excursions and your own of course etc, this is because of the linked dining annotation probably. I am seated at a table normal table of 5, I think with two couples, one I know and one other couple, or at least that's what it looks like. :grouphug:

You might want to check out yours?

PS: As the cruise gets nearer my wife, is realling not enjoying the fact that she will be at work and me on the high seas:beach:. I told her to hurry up and retire, and then worked it out that she had only 8100 days to go. :joker:she wasn't impressed.

Afternoon Everyone,

Whilst checking to see if DCL had allocated me a stateroom yet, I download a pre arrival guide from the DCL website, just to see what is was. It lists lots of interesting things such as you tablemates excursions and your own of course etc, this is because of the linked dining annotation probably. I am seated at a table normal table of 5, I think with two couples, one I know and one othercouple, or at least that's what it looks like. :grouphug:

You might want to check out yours?

How? Where? I had no idea this is available? Excited!:rainbow:

Paul I will be in for a hoodie. Away from home right now but will send you a message in a few hours. If I am normally XL in US then I assume xxl With the hoodie correct? And charcoal is between gray and black right?

Thank you so much again for organizing this!! :)

Poor Mary, Stevie. Your only saving grace is that the Magic isn't stopping in JVD for painkillers and catamarans this time I think ;)

gramfrog said:
How? Where? I had no idea this is available? Excited!:rainbow:

Log into your cruiser reservation online and click activities. Linked dining your exact table appears with how Disney's system is set up. It won't let you add or delete activities outside your own cabin but does show spa, dinners, nursery, shore excursions of table mates. If you didn't know them before, now you do ;)

Paul, I was one of the folks considering the sweatshirt and/or polo. I am away from home (I am visiting my mom who just finished treatments for lung cancer :cool1:, she is scheduled to join us on our Med portion of this trip) and am leaning away from getting a shirt. If the option is still available tomorrow night when I get home, I might do it. Thanks for heading this up. (If I do the polo, do I get to chose the color?)
Of course your time with you family is a priority.

I will be able to accept further 'orders' right up until the time I place the order which won't be until Tuesday Morning (UK Time) at the earliest so you still have time.

And yes, you can choose the colour and size, this make no odds to the cost - The only thing that changes the cost is the 'style' and at the moment we have more takers for the 50/50 polo so that is the cheaper option.

Take care and all the best to your family.

Paul

I update the players for LRC on page one. Please check to see I didnt miss anyone and message me if you would like to join in on the fun!

Paul I will be in for a hoodie. Away from home right now but will send you a message in a few hours. If I am normally XL in US then I assume xxl With the hoodie correct? And charcoal is between gray and black right?

Thank you so much again for organizing this!! :)

Mandy, it's fine; Just let me know when you get home I won't be doing anything with the responses until tomorrow. It doesn't matter if if comes into me over night, I'll be checking tomorrow before I do anything anyway, and the first step is just sending out paypal requests.

I'm not 100% sure if a UK XL is the same as a US XXL, I can only talk from my personal experience and the XXXL I ordered was slightly smaller (although still perfectly wearable than one I would typically have bought from the US) (And for the record, I tend to buy XXL in the US, but even in January I had to buy some Polos in the Cut & Sew store that were 3XL rather than XXL so I guess it's just how the make fits on the day)

Hope you are all having a good weekend :)

I update the players for LRC on page one. Please check to see I didnt miss anyone and message me if you would like to join in on the fun!

I'm interested! Although did it change from scratch cards, because being from the UK I won't be able to get hold of any US ones?

Also, can you stick me down for running/walking club please? Thank you. :thumbsup2

Pin Trading - I know that Tink was going to organise this and I was going to help, but then she left. Are people still interested in doing this, as I would be happy to arrange if they are? I know there was a date/time arranged, is that still free (sorry, I haven't looked)?

Feeling all behind with things cruise related again, need to have a catch up I think! :rotfl2:

I'm interested! Although did it change from scratch cards, because being from the UK I won't be able to get hold of any US ones?

Also, can you stick me down for running/walking club please? Thank you. :thumbsup2
:

I'll sign you up for both. We are now playing with "fake" mickey money in the public space which will be exchanged for real money in private.

Pin Trading - I know that Tink was going to organise this and I was going to help, but then she left. Are people still interested in doing this, as I would be happy to arrange if they are? I know there was a date/time arranged, is that still free (sorry, I haven't looked)?

Still plan on it happening. Tink updated PJ Breakfast post on page one yesterday for me with those who emailed the form, and I will merge the two lists of what I had collected recently. That's the same post for Pin Trading. I can almost betcha she is still up for pin trading -- 23rd May (6th sea day) at Diversions. If she isn't, it can still be the same day/time/location. :thumbsup2 We want our Tink!!! :grouphug:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter