March 13th 2011 Fiesta time on the Wonder!

Just want to confirm what I have been assuming. What night do people think is formal night?

We will be over packed. That is why they put wheels on luggage.

Formal Night is Monday
Pirate Night is Wednesday
Semi-Formal is Friday

I've confirmed this with Navigators from two different sail dates.

Formal Night is Monday
Pirate Night is Wednesday
Semi-Formal is Friday

I've confirmed this with Navigators from two different sail dates.

No, sorry.

Formal night is Tuesday for us. There are only two cruises to the MR that have formal on Tuesday, and we (unfortunately ) are one of them.

I was told formal was Monday night when the itinerary first changed. Others said Tuesday.
I spoke with a CS agent who confirmed Tuesday last week. I had her check with her supervisor as well. ( she did I guess as I was put on hold)

She came back on to tell me that we are the only one on Tuesday and then another sailing in Oct. No idea why.

We have Palo booked for Tuesday night ......so that means we will miss the Golden Mickeys ( one of my favorites).

They are going to loose a lot of spa bookings / salon bookings for formal night because we are in Cabo on Tuesday and Im sure people are on excursions....
Usually formal night is on a sea day.....you can usually take your time getting ready.
I wish it was on Monday......

No, sorry.

Formal night is Tuesday for us. There are only two cruises to the MR that have formal on Tuesday, and we (unfortunately ) are one of them.

I was told formal was Monday night when the itinerary first changed. Others said Tuesday.
I spoke with a CS agent who confirmed Tuesday last week. I had her check with her supervisor as well. ( she did I guess as I was put on hold)

She came back on to tell me that we are the only one on Tuesday and then another sailing in Oct. No idea why.

We have Palo booked for Tuesday night ......so that means we will miss the Golden Mickeys ( one of my favorites).

They are going to loose a lot of spa bookings / salon bookings for formal night because we are in Cabo on Tuesday and Im sure people are on excursions....
Usually formal night is on a sea day.....you can usually take your time getting ready.
I wish it was on Monday......

Well if that is true it works better for us as we have Palo booked for Tuesday night as well, so looks like we will not have to "dress up" two nights in a row. Our reservations aren't until 8:00, so we will be able to go to the early show, which is the norm for us as we have late dining anyways.

The new Stateroom Mickey Ears are finally done; Sombrero and St. Patty's day ears. So darling...going to print off this week. I need to finalize our door magnets, I'm waiting on 1 more. Hubby thinks I'm insane.

I get all the time, exspecially when it comes to this cruise.

Well if that is true it works better for us as we have Palo booked for Tuesday night as well, so looks like we will not have to "dress up" two nights in a row. Our reservations aren't until 8:00, so we will be able to go to the early show, which is the norm for us as we have late dining anyways.

Thats a great alternative....and yes one dress up (and shoes!!) is also less to pack.
I want the kids to dress up though......
we usually go to dinner with them, then send them to the clubs while we go to Palo. I have always booked Palo on a night with no shows.

My boys would be very happy not to dress up, and have buffet for dinner........hmmm:scratchin

What time is the first show? right at 6?
Wonder if we could take the kids to the dining room after the show....for a quick dinner.

I have to admit, I'm getting more excited now...especially after seeing some of the positive reviews from recent MR cruisers!

Some of those negative reviews were getting me a little nervous, even though this is our 4th dcl cruise!

Thats a great alternative....and yes one dress up (and shoes!!) is also less to pack.
I want the kids to dress up though......
we usually go to dinner with them, then send them to the clubs while we go to Palo. I have always booked Palo on a night with no shows.

My boys would be very happy not to dress up, and have buffet for dinner........hmmm:scratchin

What time is the first show? right at 6?
Wonder if we could take the kids to the dining room after the show....for a quick dinner.

The early show's run from 6:15 - 7:00. Not sure if you could get in your dining room after the first show, but the Beach Blanket, which is were the breakfast and lunch buffet is located, has an ala carte casual dinner from 6:30 - 8:30.

There are a few shops that sell alcohol near the park but be prepared to spend way too much. If you can get it elsewhere I recommend it.
I've made the mistake of purchasing near the park a few times. Each time I grumbled under my breath as I paid thinking how much cheaper it is when you're not in DL range.

We are Canadian so we are used to paying RIDICULOUS amounts of money for alcohol!! We pay 60% tax on alcohol (or something to that effect) :sad2:

We are Canadian so we are used to paying RIDICULOUS amounts of money for alcohol!! We pay 60% tax on alcohol (or something to that effect) :sad2:

OMG I wuld have to move!!!! That is so wrong!!! Especially while I am sipping my wine. lol

I have a question, hubby is carrying on 2 bottles of Wine but also wants to get some beer. If we buy a case do we need to put it in a carry on or can we just carry the case of beer right on like a couple of cheap drunks?

I have a question, hubby is carrying on 2 bottles of Wine but also wants to get some beer. If we buy a case do we need to put it in a carry on or can we just carry the case of beer right on like a couple of cheap drunks?
Lol!:rotfl2:

I would at least put it in some kind of plastic/ shopping bag. I believe it has to be concealed somewhat during check in at the terminal. Remember, you do not have access to your room until abot 1:30/2:00. So what you are carrying on, you are carrying around the ship. I would try to put the beer in some kind of bag or backpack.
Now, when we came back on the ship from some of the ports we visited...St Thomas VI is coming to mind.....we carried on bottles in our hands. In fact some beer cans rolled out of my beach bag as it was going through the X-ray!:scared1:
Classy!
No one said a thing.

Here.... I found this from Disney Cruiseline website info:

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $18.00 per bottle.

Hope that helps.

Good morning!! One more day closer!~

Have a good day. I am off to work....only 9 more until Vacation!!

I'm curious about this formal and semi-formal night. Below is what I could find on the DCL website on their packing list.

So, are these two nights just an optional dress-up night? Formal would be Tux and semi-formal suit, correct? What do folks usually wear to Palo - sport coat?

Dinner attire is "cruise casual," meaning no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Palo diners will want to dress up a bit more than when dining at Lumiere's or Triton's, though Guests are free to dress up for any dinner. A Personal Navigator—Disney Cruise Line's daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—will arrive at your stateroom daily with dressing advice for that night's dinner.

I'm curious about this formal and semi-formal night. Below is what I could find on the DCL website on their packing list.

So, are these two nights just an optional dress-up night? Formal would be Tux and semi-formal suit, correct? What do folks usually wear to Palo - sport coat?

You will see everything...believe me!

We rented tuxes last year for formal. It was so fun for the men!

THis year, the boys are wearing just a suit (or even just a shirt and tie) and for semiformal, a shirt and dress pants, or tie.

Like I said, people do come to the dinner with all sorts of different ideas of formal/semiformal.

I just feel more comfortable myself following the guidelines.

Besides, we never really have an oppurtunity to dress up, except for special events. I love to see my guys in their shirts and ties....

Palo, again a shirt and dress pants, preferably a tie or suit jacket, but not a requirement.

I might wear a tux to formal night. Not sure yet.

Sorry, but we will not be able to make it to the Arizona Dis meet Sunday. I have to get some things done that day and I just cannot fit it in. Have fun!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter