March 13th 2011 Fiesta time on the Wonder!

melsherard

Mouseketeer
We are all booked for this sailing and was wondering if anyone else is coming with us? Our last cruise was Jan 25, 2009, and we are ready to come back!

I I have added a link to your thread on the main index page. Have a great cruise!

Just returned from the Magic and booked this cruise onboard. So excited DCL is coming to the west coast!!!

Awesome! We should've booked onboard, too, but didn't... I'm glad we're not the only ones going :) This will be our first 7 nighter and we can't wait!!

I started reading your trip report and I am really enjoying it... I'll have to finish it tomorrow, though... it's beddy-bye for me now ;)

Awesome! We should've booked onboard, too, but didn't... I'm glad we're not the only ones going :) This will be our first 7 nighter and we can't wait!!

Nah, you won't be alone. I'm pretty sure we'll get a good group going in no time!!! :banana:

I'm writing another TR for the cruise we just finished. TR's are hard work though! LOL

I LOVED your trip report! You are an excellent writer:)
How old will your kids be for this trip? I have 2 daughters, they will be 12 and 9 when we go. Also, my step-daughter and her husband will be coming with their boys, ages 2 and 4.
I wrote a trip report for our last cruise... here is the link if you want read it... I think I will add it to my signature like you did

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2085074

Putting the info here for easy access:

Cruise dates March 13-20, 2011
FIESTA TIME ON THE DISNEY WONDER

1. March 13, Sun: LA
2. March 14, Mon: AT SEA FORMAL
3. March 15, Tues: CABO SAN LUCAS Ashore 11:15 am, Onboard 5 pm
4. March 16, Wed: Puerto Vallarta Ashore 7:30 am, Onboard 7 pm
5. March 17, Thurs: AT SEA PIRATE
6. March 18, Fri: CABO SAN LUCAS Ashore 7:15 am, Onboard 1:30 pm SEMI FORMAL
7. March 19, Sat: AT SEA
8. March 20, Sun: Los Angeles (Desembarkation begins aprox 9:30 am)

Day 3: Formal Night, Day 4: Pirate Night, Day 6:Semi Formal.

We just changed our cruise from Oct 16th, 2010 to THIS ONE.

Our school calendars for 2010/2011 were released yesterday. When we were on the ship last week and booked this for Oct 16th 2010 we were guessing that some fall break days would fall in there. Well we priced the Spring Break week and it is only $50 more than the Oct 16th cruise if we got the same room. So...no brainer...I'm going to have the kids stay in school and we'll do this Spring Break cruise instead.

Just changed it this morning through my TA. We'll be in a secret porthole room. She said all the secret porthole rooms are avail currently but one! I'm kind of excited about it being out of LA (San Pedro) going to the Mexican Riveria. Something different after 7 cruises out of Port Canaveral. I haven't been to LA since I was about 20.
Pumped to be going though. :banana: Wish it wasn't so far away.

It will be:
Myself (Nita)
DH (Michael)
DD (She will be 11 then)
DS (He'll have just turned 6)

Hi Nita!
I also couldn't believe how inexpensive this cruise was! The last 2 cruises we have gone in January and taken the kids out of school, so I am so happy my kids won't have to miss any time :)
My daughter was talking about getting a kids thread going if your daughter is interested. I told her to wait until there were a few more people.
I can't wait to set sail! It will be here before we know it, though...

Yes, very inexpensive. My TA said she thought DCL was having and would prob continue to have some problems filling the Mexican Riveria Wonder cruises. Prob the crowd will end up being mostly West Coasters.

Drawbacks to me are no castaway, slightly higher air, higher port expenses prob. Big Pro is price and NOT MISSING SCHOOL.

So looks like only 3 DIS families so far on this thread. I'm sure that will grow.

Anyone thinking of going to Disney Land before hand?

We signed up for this one on board too!! Couldnt resist the price & I already knew we'd be in good company!! Had the best time with you all on the 10/10 Magic EC!! Pirate night was AWESOME! pirate:
Not sure about our kids missing school or not. Our district hasnt put our calendar for 2011 out yet. Hopefully we'll stay where we're at!

I am very excited! I mentioned the cruise (and the great price for the secret port hole room) and he was in! Only thing he is not excited about is the $1,000 deposit amount due right now. Not that we would not take the cruise, but that we are trying to trim costs overall.

Think I will need to explain that the overall price more than outweighs the deposit amount. ;)

We are taking our first cruise in March 3-night Bahamas and I was looking for something the next March that would be warm, but different! DS always has March Break the first 2 weeks of March and the cruise is over my birthday, so I know I am good... just need a way to win DH over about the deposit.

I will keep you posted on my progress with DH...

Hoping to say I will be sailing with you soon!

Me, DH, DS (then 7), and DD (then 3)

Yeah Paige!!!!!! Bring some Dramanine to this one too. Ha Ha.

JDBlair...3 of us from our recent Oct cruise!!!

We just booked another Disney cruise today too. Obviously addicted to DCL! We booked the DREAM this morning (YES!!!) :cool1: for August 16, 2011.

We are excited. We're booked in a Sideways room...Virtual porthole.

We've been calling it

"Double Dipping Dreams before the School Bell Rings" all day today. This will be the last week before school commences in Texas so that will be our big 'send off to summer' prior to School starting the following Monday.

Very reasonable price I thought. It will be the same four of us as on this Mexico cruise. Very blessed that, God willing, we'll go on this cruise in March and then 5 months later go on the Dream.

Hello everyone,

We just got off the Magic yesterday and booked this cruise. If school calendar permits we are all set for this cruise. Hope to get to know everyone soon. We are just still a little tired from the travels while on the cruise and getting home.

I just booked today and we're so excited!! It will be me & DH, and DS 13 & DD 11 at the time of sailing. Like Traci, I'm hoping the school calendar will cooperate. This should be our spring break, according to the draft calendar that's been put out for comment --- it's the same week we are usually off so fingers crossed!

This will be my 4th Disney cruise... We did a 4-night in January of 2007, we're scheduled on a 7-night Eastern on the Magic in March 2010, and I went on a 3-night with some friends in 2008. Needless to say, I'm hooked! Working on my Castaway Gold status, LOL.

I look forward to meeting everyone and counting the days together. 481 of them to be exact ;)

Hi all~ We will hopefully be joining you this week! Still waiting on the school calendar for 2010/2011 to be approved. We have a DD (16)princess:, DS (13):cool1:, & twins DS (8)pirate:pirate:.

Merry Christmas all!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter