Maybe this is easier:

Attachments

• FL23053JK - WDW Marathon Weekend 10k 2024_Optimized.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
  • FL23054JK - WDW Marathon Weekend Half-Marathon 2024_Optimized.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • FL23055JK - WDW Marathon Weekend Marathon 2024_Optimized.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 120
Oh my god I have never been so happy about a different start in my life. No guarantees of course but I’m guessing they might use the same start for Princess half. Which means goodbye to the old walkover and more importantly I don’t have to get out of my chair to make the last 100 yards to get to the start because we’re no longer going over grass and other pieces of equipment.

This is so much more accommodating compared to the old start.

Also on the one hand going by Tron will be cool on the other hand I have sympathy for the chairs taking on that hill.

While out on my run yesterday, I was listening to rise and run's recap of W&D and they mentioned a few things that really piqued my interest.

1. the finish was different for the races; where the sidewalk usually splits (after the choir) and then you run past the bleachers was now a right turn. That would mean that if they did this same finish for MW, the course would have to be re-measured/certified and not just use a 2020-2023 course already on-file.

2. the construction walls in epcot are supposed to be coming down sometime in the next month-ish (?) which could mean a return finishing through the FRONT of epcot instead of heading backstage by Creations/Mission Space

3. the USATF measuring/certification happened THREE DAYS before the course maps were released (per runninginmakeup)

I've only run races in the post-covid/construction era, where all of the races finished out the side/backstage in Epcot.
-Do we really think we could have a return to the pre-2020 course finishes?
-Those courses also appear to have more park time (not cutting backstage out of HS, different exit point in AK, etc); does anyone think we could see a return to that, or is the feeling that Disney just wants to get the parks opened asap with as few race disruptions as possible?
-A return to the WWOS loop? No more BB parking lot?
-Any chance we run past Tron in MK (or no, because of the uphill)?

Nailed quite a few of these changes for the 2024 races! Got the EPCOT ball, Tron, Osceloa, and finish like Wine and Dine.

Who was it that called Tron? Looks like the full (but not the half) uses that path between there and Storybook Circus.
*Bows* :dogdance:
It looks like we run down to Osceola after Blizzard Beach this time instead of back north on Buena Vista Drive.
I was noticing that too. it'll be a smaller benefit for the course cutters. :crazy:
Is the start line at the same location as W&D? I'm hoping we won't get the same Corral E fiasco 😬
I'm also SUPER nervous about that. Also, a little "sad" DH won't get to experience the whole "hey let's go walk a mile and then sit for 90min while we wait for the actual race start.

Last edited:
EE at about mile 15....off to compare that to last year.

Looks like "last year" (2023) EE was just before mile 17. So we should be "clearing" AK sooner than last year.

I do like (theoretically) how we are exiting toward the front of Epcot for the half instead of all of that back alley as we will for all of the other races.

Maybe this is easier:
Thanks for this! I couldn’t figure out how to use that site on my phone.

I’m sure I’ll have lots more thoughts but the thing that stuck out to me most is that it looks like the marathon course will enter MK through the main entrance. I’m a big fan of this approach and going under the railway. I never really liked entering Main Street from backstage and I didn’t understand why we did that when the half didn’t. Looking forward to obsessing over this for the next 48 hours at least!!

Figures that after getting the medals for both weekends pretty good, the Coast to Coast would be very underwhelming.

I'm excited about the new routes! (Especially considering how indifferent I was to the actual routes until I saw them just now).
Has anyone else noticed the little spike towards Big Thunder RR instead of straight down Frontierland and toward the train tracks (the parade exit to backstage)? Am I misremembering, or is that new as well?

And I definitely love coming in the front gate to go down Main St.

I'm excited about the new routes! (Especially considering how indifferent I was to the actual routes until I saw them just now).
Has anyone else noticed the little spike towards Big Thunder RR instead of straight down Frontierland and toward the train tracks (the parade exit to backstage)? Am I misremembering, or is that new as well?

And I definitely love coming in the front gate to go down Main St.
That “spike” was definitely there for the half the last 2 years but unless I’m mistaken I think this is the first time (at least for any I’ve run) for the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter