• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

Question around bus transportation post marathon. I’ve never stayed at BLT or DWL/CCV for race weekend. I am curious what the bus ride looks back to both resorts post marathon. Are there any issues post race? I know you can monorail back to BLT but have to walk through EPCOT. Curious if it is pretty seamless with bus transportation or if road closures mess everything up.

Question around bus transportation post marathon. I’ve never stayed at BLT or DWL/CCV for race weekend. I am curious what the bus ride looks back to both resorts post marathon. Are there any issues post race? I know you can monorail back to BLT but have to walk through EPCOT. Curious if it is pretty seamless with bus transportation or if road closures mess everything up.
No first-hand experience but wanted to chime in that you don't have to walk through Epcot to get on the monorail. You do have to walk across the parking lot back to the entrance so it is a bit of a jaunt but no park admission needed.

I'd expect most traffic is cleared by the time finishers are heading back to their hotels but I'll let someone who has rode the bus correct me if I'm wrong.

I've stayed at CR and BRV during MW, and it's not really a problem. There's a makeshift bus depot by the reunion area, and they go to all the Disney owned resorts. A couple, I think, are shared, but it's not a huge deal. The sharing would be like Poly and GF, or POFQ/POR, things like that. Maybe CR/WL is also shared? I don't remember.

But, as for timing, for the half, everyone has to be past CR by mile 4.25 ish, so they'll be picking up the closure of World Drive by 7:15am or so. The Marathon goes past CR around mile 10, so they'll pick up those cones by 8:45-9:00 am. They get that road back open real quick!

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars!! It is time for Sunday’s are for Disney. For this week‘s question it is time to talk shoes. What is your go to shoe for training, for racing? Is it the same or different? Do you track use and how?

My answer: I run in Hoka Cliftons and Speedgoats and Brooks Ghosts and Glycerins. I don’t differentiate between training and racing but I do use different shoes based on terrain and distance. I use the Speedgoats on trail runs and the Glycerins & Cliftons for longer runs. Shorter runs I use the Ghosts. I have been pretty happy with these shoes and as a bigger runner I have found that they last pretty well for me. I don’t track my shoes as well as I could, but I do rotate shoes quite often and when one pair is wearing out it is really obvious to me and I pull them out of my rotation. One nice thing about running in different brands and styles is that I can often find one of them on sale and then I snatch up a few pair. In the end I have too many shoes in the house and I spend way too much money, but I am pretty happy with them.

SAFD: I currently use Brooks Ghost for training and racing. I ran in Glycerins until Brooks put too much cushioning in them and triggered my first posterior tibialis issue. I'm wondering if they've done the same with the Ghosts at this point, though, and have picked up,a pair of Trace 2s to try out for a bit. Fingers crossed that will help with the tibialis.

You should not have any issue with buses heading back that way after the race. I'm doing the half and staying at BLT (because I love taking the monorail in the morning instead of a bus) and I'm thinking of taking the monorail back this year. If I was at Poly I would take it back in a heartbeat, but BLT/CR involves that long loop around Seven Seas so the bus could actually be faster.

SAFD: I loved the Hoka Tracers, but since they are no longer making those, I've pretty much converted to the Saucony Kinvara. I have a 12 and 13 in rotation now. I also have a pair of Hoka Cliftons, but I've started using them as a work shoe. My calves felt really fatigued after running in them.

SAFD: I'm exclusivly in Saucony for the past year+. I was using Hoka's but I would get an issue with numbness in my feet during mile 2.5-4 on longer runs, and since switching to Saucony that issue has gone away.
I use Saucony Endorphin Shift for slower runs, Endorphin Speed for faster runs, and Endorphin Pro for races. I also have a pair of waterproof Shift for when it's raining - those are great too.
The Endorphin Pro's are amazing - like having pixie dust in your shoes. I'm obsessed with them. I'm on my second pair and only use them for races.

Last edited:
I’ve only tried two shoes so far: On Cloudrunners and Brooks Glycerine 20. I’ve used the Cloudrunners for several months and did my 10k in them, and have no issues with my feet. So far the Brooks are good, but I’m not sure if like them as much. They do have cuter patterns, though.

SAFD: I train in Brooks Ghost and Nike Pegasus and Topo Ultrafly. I also use Topo Specter for speed work when I'm close to race day, and they're also my racing shoes. I have my eye on the new Topo Cyclone 2; it may be even better for racing and speed work. When my Specters are done, I'll likely try them out.

I track everything in Strava and I typically get around 300 miles out of a pair. Topos last a little less, Nike and Brooks a little more, but that's about average. And I've had issues with my feet over the years, so I'd much rather get rid of a pair too soon than too late.

SAFD:

For easy runs: Asics Kayano/Brooks Adrenaline/Saucony Guide. I think I've had 5 different Kayano iterations over the years. All 3 brands are solid.
For recovery runs: Brooks Glycerin GTS
For speedwork: Saucony Endorphin Speed OG/Saucony Tempus
For races: Saucony Endorphin Pro 3

I have too many shoes for my ability level 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter