Marathon Weekend 2024

Holy cow. Did WDW get slammed that hard for 2024 bookings today that they had to pause bookings?
Yep!!!!!
I was planning to look up a room only placeholder for springtime surprise in case the themes tickled my fancy tomorrow but it may wait a week

Does anyone know whats up with the parks being blacked out for pass holders the week of the marathon this year? Our passes are up for renewal today so I was looking at our blackout days for the Sorcerers pass and I was surprised to see that now January 2nd and 3rd are both blacked out now. We were at the parks on the 3rd and 4th(Tuesday and Wednesday of Marathon Week) last year before the marathon weekend started and now the parks are all blacked out until Thursday the 4th, just kind of disappointing to see Disney changing it this year. Was planning on going to the parks on Tuesday and Weds after the expo and then Thursday morning(doing the 10k this year) but I guess our plans have changed now.
My guess is that it has to do with crowding. We were there those first few days of the year this year, and the parks were packed.

Hand painted
How did you do it?? Did you follow a tutorial or just made it up as you went? I love it and want to do it at our house!

How did you do it?? Did you follow a tutorial or just made it up as you went? I love it and want to do it at our house!
It was during covid shut downs. I did see someone else do it somewhere and sort of followed that. It was time consuming and tedious but worth it. I bought thin quarter inch tape for the black lines on amazon. Picked three greys I thought worked well and that was that. There are some how tos out there online.

Finally booked at the Fort for marathon weekend!!!! I didn’t bother trying during the day after I saw all the demand and wait times and pauses. Logged on around 9pm and got through with no wait and got the site category I wanted.
Since my checkin day was so close to 2023, I just booked a stay starting Dec 31st a few months ago. Last night I jumped into a 20 min queue around 8PM Central time and modified it to be the 2nd of January. Was pretty easy.

Since my checkin day was so close to 2023, I just booked a stay starting Dec 31st a few months ago. Last night I jumped into a 20 min queue around 8PM Central time and modified it to be the 2nd of January. Was pretty easy.
I did the same, but what was interesting was when I had priced out my actual dates using the nightly prices they had listed, I estimated $660. Last night, when I changed it it came to $750. Quite a big increase.

Might all be moot though because I'm waiting to see if I get a room through the charity booking program which would be a significant savings, about $200.

Went online this morning to try to book a resort. It was a 10 minute wait. Got through and ended up booking Caribbean Beach Resort for 1/2 through 1/8. The choice came down to CBR and POR. We have never stayed at CBR, so decided to try it out. Hopefully they will announce AP rates later in the year and then will just rebook for that.

Went online this morning to try to book a resort. It was a 10 minute wait. Got through and ended up booking Caribbean Beach Resort for 1/2 through 1/8. The choice came down to CBR and POR. We have never stayed at CBR, so decided to try it out. Hopefully they will announce AP rates later in the year and then will just rebook for that.
Both are great resorts but skyliner access makes CBR the clear winner for me. Love having that available!

I'm trying CBR for the first time for Wine & Dine weekend and I'm excited!

How does it work with AP rates typically? I just got my AP in April so I've never dealt with this before. I'm staying at YC for MW. My TA mentioned something about AP rates yesterday, but is it as simple as applying the AP rate to my existing reservation or do I have to rebook in the sense that I'm subject to rooms that are available at that time? I also started my reservation on 12/31 to snag the room earlier but I am seriously considering flying down that day and enjoying a couple of extra days. Otherwise, I will cancel my first two nights. The rate from 1/2-1/9 at YC seemed to be a decent chunk less yesterday than I am currently locked in for, but if there's a cheaper AP rate I am all about saving some more money.

How does it work with AP rates typically? I just got my AP in April so I've never dealt with this before. I'm staying at YC for MW. My TA mentioned something about AP rates yesterday, but is it as simple as applying the AP rate to my existing reservation or do I have to rebook in the sense that I'm subject to rooms that are available at that time? I also started my reservation on 12/31 to snag the room earlier but I am seriously considering flying down that day and enjoying a couple of extra days. Otherwise, I will cancel my first two nights. The rate from 1/2-1/9 at YC seemed to be a decent chunk less yesterday than I am currently locked in for, but if there's a cheaper AP rate I am all about saving some more money.
when/if AP (or FL resident rates if you are a resident AP) release you should be able to modify as that's what I did for springtime surprise weekend and what I'm planning to do now (book room now and modify later if I don't do the challenge/need an extra night or get a passholder/resident rate)

As long as your AP is tied to your account, it is usually as simple as applying to your existing reservation (if your exact room type and dates are available). If not available, you may still be able to use the modify button to change to a different room type, it's one of those things that should work in theory but sometimes Disney IT doesn't play nice.

When you remove nights from your reservation, just remember your new date range must be available for new booking or they won't let you drop dates. It's silly, but as inventory drops it can become a risk. If I'm not entirely sure of my plans, I prefer to book multiple reservations (and unfortunately pay multiple deposits) so I can drop the one I don't end up using rather than risk not being able to change my length of stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter