Marathon Weekend 2023

Also, has anyone been watching car rental prices? Everything is still in the $90/day range that I'm finding. We *could* get around without a car for the week, but DH really prefers to have a car, and I agree that it's a lot more convenient in most situations.

It was like this last MW, too. It did get somewhat better as things approached. I managed to avoid this using a corporate discount. Have you looked at Costco? Amazon?

What I had planned to do originally (before I got my DVC res and avoided the parking fee) was rent a car for one day from MCO to Avis-LBV. That way I could do the expo (which I have never taken a bus for) and do a grocery run before turning the car in.

Also, has anyone been watching car rental prices? Everything is still in the $90/day range that I'm finding. We *could* get around without a car for the week, but DH really prefers to have a car, and I agree that it's a lot more convenient in most situations.
Have you signed up for any of the frequent renter programs or use any of the legitimate discount codes? For example, I just went on the Avis site and looked for an intermediate car from January 5-10th which is the days I will be there. Without signing in, the rate was $797 after taxes/fees. I then signed in and used my Visa card discount code and the rate dropped to $221 which is the rate I reserved last month.
Give it a try.

Have you signed up for any of the frequent renter programs or use any of the legitimate discount codes? For example, I just went on the Avis site and looked for an intermediate car from January 5-10th which is the days I will be there. Without signing in, the rate was $797 after taxes/fees. I then signed in and used my Visa card discount code and the rate dropped to $221 which is the rate I reserved last month.
Give it a try.
I have for a few of them, but not all. I’m already signed up with hertz, Alamo, dollar, and budget. I’ve checked UT a few times, and check autoslash every few days (which is supposed to cover visa/Costco discounts) What visa do you have that gives you a discount code?

Oh, I had a completely different take on headphones for Dopey.

That almost 5 mile stretch between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on the full marathon needs headphones. Out of the entire Dopey, that was the part that tested my resolve.

The elation from Magic Kingdom faded amongst the construction and the realization of how far the next park was - and that you weren't even halfway done when you left the Kingdom. Running around the construction and the sun coming up in my eyes.

It was hard.
I feel the same way. I run with Apple Airpods Pro using Transparency mode, so I can hear everything once I pause my music. It was nice hearing the bands and the ambient sounds in the parks, but it would have been dreadful for me running countless miles without music between Epcot and Magic Kingdom or Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Once again, to each their own!

I feel the same way. I run with Apple Airpods Pro using Transparency mode, so I can hear everything once I pause my music. It was nice hearing the bands and the ambient sounds in the parks, but it would have been dreadful for me running countless miles without music between Epcot and Magic Kingdom or Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Once again, to each their own!
This is one of the reasons I got the Shokz OpenRun Pro bone conducting headphones. When they aren't playing they don't obstruct the ears at all and they are so light I forget I'm wearing them most of the time. The sound is not as good as my Airpod Pros but good enough for running.

SAFD: So this one would only be funny to fans of The Office, but I saw a sign once that said "The marathon is long and hard" then underneath it "That's what she said" :rotfl2:

There were a couple of The Office signs this past MW if I remember correctly. I can't remember if it was the HM or full marathon but I remember seeing them at the end of the walking path leading up to the Boardwalk. I think one of them was the picture of Michael Scott carb loading for his run. I remember seeing them and cracking up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!