Marathon Weekend 2023

SAFD:
-I agree about Space. I love the ride, but it's sooooo jerky.
-Tiki room. Agree again. Could they preserve the original animatronic clacking with like....pre-show, or at the beginning and then transition to something less....well.....dated?
-Country Bears.....why is this still a thing? It's a bit like the original splash theming....so many people don't even know who the country bears are.

I cannot believe that the Speedway hasn't been updated to electric cars with all of the other green initiatives Disney has rolled out in the past several years.
Country bears are like a bad Showbiz Pizza. Showing my age.

I’ve never been in Country Bears or Hall of Presidents (I can tell they’re not for me) but I can’t make a much of a case for them being overhauled because I don’t know what else could fill their somewhat minimal footprint in the park.

For anyone interested in the DAH tickets around MW, and you're staying on site, the links have gone live.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

Sign into MDE and it will get your on site dates, and let you purchase.
Thank you for the reminder about logging in - Just got our MK tickets for the 9th! We’re staying a couple nights at the Poly for our first time and I’m looking forward to a relaxing pool day. These after hours tickets are the perfect way to get a mini park fix while I recover from my first marathon and prep to head home Tuesday. Hope to see others there!!!

Has anyone done medal photos at the Photopass studio in Disney Springs? Wondering if they look good or totally fake. I'd love to save some money and not buy a park ticket for medal photos.

I’m hoping some After Hours tickets are still there for the 9th when they go live for people (like me) not staying on site. Lower crowd levels at an After Hours event is the only time that looks appealing to me to be in the parks for the specific dates of this Marathon Weekend.

Last edited:
Has anyone done medal photos at the Photopass studio in Disney Springs? Wondering if they look good or totally fake. I'd love to save some money and not buy a park ticket for medal photos.

I have never done them but from the ones I’ve seen I don’t think you’re going to be trying to pass them off as photos from the parks. I think a lot of them look very nice but they are obviously backdrops and not meant to be passed off as the real thing.

I haven't myself, but I've seen the pics from friends who did - they were really nice! No mistaking them as actually being in a park, but they weren't awful, by any means, and a nice alternative, IMO.

For anyone interested in the DAH tickets around MW, and you're staying on site, the links have gone live.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

Sign into MDE and it will get your on site dates, and let you purchase.
Hmmm, I have a BC reservation for MW but it's telling me that DAH at DHS is not available on MDE. How have people been able to purchase tickets? Am I missing something?

Hmmm, I have a BC reservation for MW but it's telling me that DAH at DHS is not available on MDE. How have people been able to purchase tickets? Am I missing something?

If you're not logged into MDE, it will say that it's not currently available. Log into MDE on the website, then go back to the page, then the dates should appear.

If you're not logged into MDE, it will say that it's not currently available. Log into MDE on the website, then go back to the page, then the dates should appear.
My hero. I was on the app and not the website.

BTW, has anyone ever done these before? Is it worth the price of the ticket? It looks like a cool option, but I'm wondering what the wait times are actually like for things like RotR and SDD, which would be the main reason I would do it.

I did them in February and I won't do it again. My DIS profile pic is from that session. If I hadn't bought Memory Maker for my entire visit, I'd have been disappointed by the output. The photographer took random pics with random backgrounds that had nothing to do with runDisney. And I'm the one who asked for the over-the-shoulder pics.

BTW, has anyone ever done these before? Is it worth the price of the ticket? It looks like a cool option, but I'm wondering what the wait times are actually like for things like RotR and SDD, which would be the main reason I would do it.
I haven’t done DHS, but I did MK back in January 2020 and the wait times were amazing—basically walk-ons

Looking into doing this during springtime surprise since pirate pass is blocked out most of the weekend and it would be something fun to do during the day Friday or Saturday…

Will be doing studios if my body allows after ten miler to get actual park photos im just looking for a few post 5k/10k picks that would look slightly better than selfies lol

I have done MNSSHP and the lines have never been very long. We did every ride in the park a couple weeks ago between 6 and 10 PM (before getting spots for fireworks, the second parade and the final Sanderson Sister show). Our longest wait was a posted 35 minutes for 7DMT that ended up being about 15. One of the biggest perks of the parties/after hours is that there is no Genie+ so the lines actually move.

After Hours parties have, historically, been lower attendance cap than Parties. Most After Hours reviews I’ve seen have said the parks felt virtually empty and most rides were walk-ons. I don’t think that would extend to offerings like RotR and SDD but they should still be much more manageable than normal. My primary concern is whether Disney continues to keep the same low attendance caps or whether they expand. Everything I’ve seen from the past indicates After Hours are very light crowds but they don’t advertise numbers so it’s a little bit of a roll of the dice.

My other concern with the HS After Hours is whether RotR and a couple other rides will be open for all of the parties. They leave it intentionally vague on the listings. If RotR has a bad day and they decide they need the extra time during the party to make sure it is ready to go the next day I imagine it will be closed. Pirates of the Caribbean was closed the whole night unexpectedly when I was at MNSSHP. I’d assume there’s an even higher chance of that with the notoriously unreliable RotR.

I’m hoping to get tickets for the MK After Hours on the 9th because entry at 7 should allow me to see the Fireworks and MK has enough attractions that even if a couple are shut down there should be more than enough open to disperse the crowd and allow for an enjoyable experience. Every time I’ve been to MNSSHP, and the reason we keep going back, I’ve been able to do more, at a much more enjoyable pace than I can do on a full day ticket. The experience may vary for others but I have found I prefer it to a regular day at the parks.

The price has a lot of variables. For me, I don’t have an AP so a ticket to an After Hours party is basically the same as a day ticket with Genie+. While I can’t say for certain on the after hours event, I have definitely found MNSSHP well worth the price. For someone who has an AP or is already planning on doing the After Hours park on the same trip, I think your mileage may vary on the cost/benefit analysis.

Sorry for the novella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter