Marathon Weekend 2023

Oooohhh, any insight as to this telegram app thing would be clutch. Does anyone know where to find that?
i don't know anything about it. the guy that did the twitterbot also did it for telegram, which is a way to get push notifications without having to use twitter i guess? he was a guest on rise and run podcast during the summer and talked about it there.

Did you just do a new registration from the event page or were you able to switch your registration from one of the races you already had? Also, does anyone know whether runDisney consistently refunds other races if you end up doing a new registration? The next time Dopey opens I want to make sure I'm giving myself the best chance to get it, but I also don't want to blow the money if I can't get my Goofy registration fee back.
I was able to switch my marathon registration to the Dopey. I have had a tab pinned since registration open so was ready to go. My thinking was it would be faster since I wouldn't have to enter all the information again.

Are the dining reservation days still 60+10 for on-site guests? I'm putting reminders into my phone and I can't remember.

Oh goodness, we start to make our ADRs about a month from now, don't we?

It's getting real!

60 days from Expo day is Saturday, 11/5 - or the day of the 10K during Wine and Dine. Somehow I don't think anyone at Disney thought that through.

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! It is story time. Share when you started runnng and what got you into it.

My answer: I started running in age group track as a kid and then went on to run Cross Country and Track in Jr HIgh and High School. I was a naturally gifted runner and got pretty good. I ran track in college and then for a few years after continued to run. I always loved running but without the structure of a team and coach I let it fall off. Every now and then I would start running again but it never stuck. Some how 15 years passed with that pattern. My 40’s brought some new realities of weight gain and blood pressure issues not to mention two young daughters with lots of energy! It was very importanot to me that I was (am) a very engaged and active dad for my daughters. It was a bit of a mid-life crisis but instead of wanting to buy a sports car I wanted to improve myself.

So, I just started running again. Except this time I started slower, stopped trying to be the runner I was in college and just be teh runner I was now. I also got involved in a running group and then found a race to work towards. That was almost 10 years ago now. Since then I have found new purpose in running, discovering trail races and then runDisney races have kept me lacing up the shoes regularly. My goal now is to one day be the oldest person showing up to races and driving my wife crazy with the horde of medals I have accumulated!
I've found that once you're over 60 it's much easier to win an age group award!

A complete overhaul would allow for new design and technology to be implemented that would allow Space Mountain to accommodate more guests, more reliably and elevate it back to park icon status. My only concern would be that Disney would feel the need to pigeonhole IP into any reimagining.
To be honest, I question if WDW actually wants to take the attraction down for the time it will take to do that. For point of comparison, Disneyland closed its Space Mountain for roughly 2 years give or take when they tore down the track, installed a brand new one complete with the onboard speakers. The most recent lengthy refurb of WDW Space Mountain was about 9 months or so. Maybe they'll feel more willing and able to do once TRON is running, but we'll see. Because yes, I much prefer the smoother Disneyland version that I fit on without trouble.

The dynamics of the average park visitor are so different between the two coasts and that impacts a lot of the decisions, for better and for worse that are made about refurbishments and overhauls.

SAFD: I would like to Spaceship Earth get an update. It feels like it just falls flat at the end after such an interesting buildup. A return to the original Journey Into Imagination would be fun. I remember seeing it on a 1994 visit to Epcot, but only remember it now through the music.

To be honest, I question if WDW actually wants to take the attraction down for the time it will take to do that. For point of comparison, Disneyland closed its Space Mountain for roughly 2 years give or take when they tore down the track, installed a brand new one complete with the onboard speakers. The most recent lengthy refurb of WDW Space Mountain was about 9 months or so. Maybe they'll feel more willing and able to do once TRON is running, but we'll see. Because yes, I much prefer the smoother Disneyland version that I fit on without trouble.

The dynamics of the average park visitor are so different between the two coasts and that impacts a lot of the decisions, for better and for worse that are made about refurbishments and overhauls.

SAFD: I would like to Spaceship Earth get an update. It feels like it just falls flat at the end after such an interesting buildup. A return to the original Journey Into Imagination would be fun. I remember seeing it on a 1994 visit to Epcot, but only remember it now through the music.

I don’t know how much longer they’ll have the choice to just keep it open. The last 4 times I’ve been in MK Space Mountain has been shut down for maintenance for sizable chunks (30+ minutes) of the day.

Of all the parks I think MK has the best ability to absorb a large attraction being down for an extended period of time. Obviously, Splash Mountain will be headed that way soon but I’m hoping Space or Speedway will follow soon after.

Hi everyone, hope you don’t mind me coming in here as I’m not doing the marathon.
But we will be at WDW including over the marathon weekend, checking out of the Poly on the 8th in the morning to fly home. What time does the race end on Sunday? Will we have any issues with road closures around the resort or the general area and for how long? We are considering changing our flight to leave on the 6th, it’s going to be a huge issue for us. Thx!

Hi everyone, hope you don’t mind me coming in here as I’m not doing the marathon.
But we will be at WDW including over the marathon weekend, checking out of the Poly on the 8th in the morning to fly home. What time does the race end on Sunday? Will we have any issues with road closures around the resort or the general area and for how long? We are considering changing our flight to leave on the 6th, it’s going to be a huge issue for us. Thx!
Here’s a link to the road closures from this year’s events. They may change a little but I would expect similar in 2023.

Road Closures | 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon
https://maps.app.goo.gl/T4apPLpEzo2FNZYLA?g_st=ic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter