OK, I liked today a lot better than yesterday! Starting out of an earlier corral made a big difference.

I'm still a bit confused - my bib said C/B - which I took to mean I was in C for the 5k and B for the 10k (in order). I went to corral B, and I was turned away. I talked to a few other people who had the same issue. Why would they put the 10k corral first?

But overall the race was fun, not too crowded (for runDisney event), weather was good, and my legs and knee still feel great. And I'm now half done waking up at 3 AM! Bring on the half tomorrow!

Today's video:

And I'm off to my 3 PM FoP FP!

OK, I liked today a lot better than yesterday! Starting out of an earlier corral made a big difference.

I'm still a bit confused - my bib said C/B - which I took to mean I was in C for the 5k and B for the 10k (in order). I went to corral B, and I was turned away. I talked to a few other people who had the same issue. Why would they put the 10k corral first?

But overall the race was fun, not too crowded (for runDisney event), weather was good, and my legs and knee still feel great. And I'm now half done waking up at 3 AM! Bring on the half tomorrow!

Today's video:

And I'm off to my 3 PM FoP FP!

They accidentally reversed the corrals on the bibs this year. It normally is 5k/10k. From the posts here and on Facebook they were supposed to have told you about the reversal when you picked up the bib.

They accidentally reversed the corrals on the bibs this year. It normally is 5k/10k. From the posts here and on Facebook they were supposed to have told you about the reversal when you picked up the bib.

Perhaps if they had kept the 5K corral setup the same way it has been, which was just like the 10K, they would not have had this issue. Still not sure why they chose to have only three corrals for the 5K.

Question re. MK spectators - how crazy is it on Main Street? If my friend texts me her location, should I be able to find her and either pick up or drop off items (thinking jacket for fuel)? Or is it a 50/50 shot?

When I picked mine up the lady just said this is 5k and this is 10K but didn’t indicate there was anything new so I honestly didn’t pay a ton of attention since I’ve done a lot of these and expected it to be “normal”. Teaches me to pay better attention.

Question re. MK spectators - how crazy is it on Main Street? If my friend texts me her location, should I be able to find her and either pick up or drop off items (thinking jacket for fuel)? Or is it a 50/50 shot?

If she tells you where on Main Street, you will need to stay on the left side of forward movement. The better places to meet would be at the beginning of Main Street or towards the hub when the course turns towards Tommorowland. In-between wouldn't be good.

Can anyone repost the character list for the half or tell me what page in the thread it’s on? Trying to plan tomorrow’s strategy.

Here’s a screencap if it:

6DA10B66-AD3F-4EC0-B8D7-8020983A9B85.jpeg

5/10 done. Over at DHS. Got medical clearance to start from B tomorrow (long story). Will be wearing pink tank, pink skirt, and a yellow hat. Along with my camelbak. Feel free to say hi if you see me.

I was surprised to see so many runners around hourglass lake this morning, cheers to you all for running without fireworks!

@Keels per the security problem, you can hide almost an entire cooler in a Bob stroller. Were I to have brought my kids I would have lent it for such purposes.

Coronado Springs' gift shop has some of the runDisney merchandise as well. They have the Sleepy challenge and "I Donut Run" shirts. There are also a number of items here I don't recall seeing at the expo.

20190111_133002.jpg
20190111_133008.jpg

and here's the bus info.

20190111_133416_lg.jpg

edit: legible photo size

Last edited:
Only one more hour of "work" today until I go to the airport. This is pretty much me today

th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!