Marathon Weekend 2019

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by lhermiston, Jan 3, 2018.

1. CDKG

CDKG Mouseketeer

They did not have AP pins for purchase at the Expo. But, they did have an AP shirt (it was the only clothing item I purchased). The AP pin was preorder only.

It is worth noting, all that of the other preorder items: pins, snow globe, ornament, keychain, jacket, etc. were available for purchase at the Expo. I am not sure about the Dooney & Bourke.

Livelovedance likes this.
  2. JeffW

JeffW Mouseketeer

The USATF maps were finally updated yesterday. Half and Full

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KevM

KevM Mouseketeer

Congratulations to the 10K/Day 2 participants of Dopey!

5. Barca33Runner

Barca33Runner DIS Veteran

I thought something like that must have happened. I was trying to pay attention and never saw the party.

Professor_Cookie and Novatrix like this.
  6. baxter24

baxter24 DIS Veteran

On the magical express! Conragts to the 5k and 10k runners!

7. a-mad

a-mad Mouseketeer

Hey everybody - this has been a great experience so far! 2 down and 2 to go. I appreciate all the advice I’ve received from all of you the last several months. We’re having a blast!

One quick question - and I’m sure this has been answered at some point on prior pages - but our spouses are now thinking about going to Magic Kingdom to spectate either tomorrow or Sunday. Do they need to arrange for transportation on their own? The resorts don’t provide transportation for this service correct? We’re wondering if it’s worth it, and if logistics are too difficult, they may just do the finish line. Thanks in advance!

8. Novatrix

Novatrix Dreamfinder-in-Training

For the 10k edition of which characters were out on the course:

Ralph and Princess Vanellope
    Chi-Chi-Chi-Chi-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers!
    Evil Queen, Witch Version
    The Millennium Celebration Stilt People
    Jiminy Cricket
    Abu
    Remy and Emil
    Football Goofy
    Max

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 8:33 AM
  9. garneska

garneska DIS Veteran

I did not stop as i was trying to go under 50, spoiler i did 50:24, but i thought you guys looked great and were a big pick up. Of course i was looking forward to seeing the shenanigans. Hope to make it to HH today, might be after 3 though.

10. JeffW

JeffW Mouseketeer

I'm assuming you aren't staying at a monorail resort, but are at a Disney resort. If so, they can ride the bus to Epcot like a runner, then hop on the monorail out of Epcot to the TTC. From there, they can switch to a monorail to get to the MK.

One alternative option for viewing. They can stay at TTC to spectate from there (which is around mile 4), then walk from the TTC over the the Polynesian parking lot and spectate again just past mile 7. Far less crowded than MK, which means a much higher probability of seeing you, and two different viewing points. The same plan works for both the Half and Full Marathon courses.

For both options, they would then get back on an Epcot monorail to return to the finish area

11. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Remy was in France too!

Professor_Cookie and TheHamm like this.
  12. kleph

kleph Gabba Gabba Hey

The Dooney & Bourke items were separate from all the runDisney items in the main Expo merchandise area. They were along the wall next to the Oswald "medal train" photo station. The custom runDisney items were there as well; preorder medal displays and mugs featuring your race photo.

Livelovedance likes this.
  13. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

Okay...we picked up a studio at Poly for Saturday night (needed to use some DVC Point before they expired). What time should we board the monorail from TTC? We are NOT the ppl who would rather hang out in the corrals “to be safe” but are in B. I’m used to boarding the bus at 4 but not sure about the monorail.

Professor_Cookie and Dis_Yoda like this.
  14. garneska

garneska DIS Veteran

it's been a while but i think i used to board at 4. Remember walk to TTC and take monorail to Epcot, dont take the resort and go around to TTC.

LSUfan4444 likes this.
  15. Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins Oh my God, he just ran in

Congrats to everyone for rocking the 10k!!

Does anyone know when runDisney will give us our official times so I can use today's run for Star Wars weekend?

16. Novatrix

Novatrix Dreamfinder-in-Training

You're right, forgot to list them, thanks for keeping me honest!

Professor_Cookie likes this.
  17. LdyStormy76

LdyStormy76 Looking for the Hundred Acre Woods

Two favors to ask:

1) would someone who does the half post what the on course power aid flavor is tomorrow?

2) if someone takes pictures of signs/ characters during the full would you be willing to pm them to me for my photobook? Between the projected race temps and how I carry my fuel getting my phone in and out as often as I did today is not an option.

Thanks.

Professor_Cookie likes this.
  18. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

I only remember because he wasn’t on the list that was circulated - and I love Remy, so was excited to see him!

19. JeffW

JeffW Mouseketeer

I always board at Contemporary by 4, usually running out of B corral

LSUfan4444 likes this.
  20. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

The buses going back to resorts at 6am is a new listing to this year. So I can't be certain. In year's past, the first bus that my spectating family was ever able to load to go to the finish line was just around 7am. I believe I finished the 2016 Disney Half at 7:15am and my family had JUST walked up when I was crossing (came from AKL that year?). So it was within seconds. I tend to suggest that anyone who has an expected finish sooner than 7:30am have their spectators consider other travel arrangements to the finish line, or take the last available bus at 5am. However, like I said the listing of 6am "back" is a new thing this year that I have not seen in year's prior practice or event guides.

flav likes this.
  21. Guidman

Guidman Earning My Ears

Have a great time everyone down at marathon weekend. Jealous of you all. I've done the Dark Side races the past two years and am going down again in April. The full marathon is on my bucket list of races.