Mallory Magical Wish to DisneyWorld & GKTW! UPDATED 8/1/13 -- Updated pictures!!

Day 8 Part III :rotfl:

Time to leave Nashville. California here we come.

WishTrip277.jpg

She's a safety girl!!

WishTrip281.jpg

WishTrip286.jpg

So sleepy

Our limo driver. That's right Make a Wish said we would get a Limo ride home

WishTrip288.jpg

Grabbing the luggage

WishTrip289.jpg

Mallory spots her bag

WishTrip290.jpg

WishTrip293.jpg

WishTrip295.jpg

As we walked up to (what was supposed to be) the limo we were a little disappointed to see it was a Cadillac Escalade and not a limo. But hey it was a free ride home so who could complain!!

WishTrip298.jpg

WishTrip300.jpg

Arriving at home

WishTrip302.jpg

WishTrip303.jpg

WishTrip304.jpg

WishTrip305.jpg

WishTrip306.jpg

And that is that!! The last shot of the Wish trip!! I hope you enjoyed coming along with us.

Favorites of our Time at Give Kids Kids the World

Dad -- The volunteers who were so friendly and kind. And the Free food, especially Katie's Kitchen!
Mom -- The Candy Land Carnival and the pool.
Michael -- The free food and ice cream
Mallory -- The characters coming to visit, Candy Land Carnival, Kid's Night Out (playing mini golf), Ms. Merry Tuck-in, and the beds and bedroom where she set-up all her new toys!!

Oh and who lost something?? It was me!!! I lost my makeup bag. I left in the center console of the rental car. So if you guessed I lost something you were right!!!

Thanks so much for joining us! ! :grouphug: Feel free to post us a message or ask any questions. I'll be sure to stop back!!! Before I say bye let's take a look back at Mallory's Magical Make a Wish Trip!!!

WishTrip319.jpg

WishTrip384.jpg

WishTrip58517-1.jpg

WishTrip699a.jpg

WishTrip643.jpg

WishTrip632-1.jpg

Big hugs from our family to yours!! :grouphug:

Signing off... for now!!!
:rotfl2:

Madeline, I am THRILLED that you completed Mallory's wish trip report, it was so much fun to see you all enjoy such a special family time and I am SOOOOO happy that you have this report finished to capture all of your thoughts in one place. You KNOW I fell in love with Mallory's Dumbo outfit, it was one of three of my all time favorite dresses (the other is a wish dress with Cinderella and her stepsisters on it that was made for Ana (thatsnice daughter) and the other is Lisa's Epcot dress (come on over and read our TR, you know you want to)! :thumbsup2

I hope you don't mind, I am going to post a link on the wishtrippers thread that you have completed your TR, it DESERVES to be read and enjoyed!! Let me know if you would like me to post a link on the disboutique thread as well so the ladies (and you were lucky enough to have a gentleman as well) who worked so hard on these awesome creations can see their amazing gifts in action!!! :dance3:

THANK YOU AGAIN for sharing your precious family with us!! I think it is time for you to plan another trip...maybe to Disneyland!

I'm one that's been reading your TR but not commenting. Thought I would now since you've completed it. Thanks for coming back to finish up Mallory's wish trip! Love her Dumbo outfit too! So glad that she can still wear her Big Give outfits to Disneyland. Have you gone to see the new Cars Land at CA? You can always add some pictures from your visit to Disneyland.

Madeline, I am THRILLED that you completed Mallory's wish trip report, it was so much fun to see you all enjoy such a special family time and I am SOOOOO happy that you have this report finished to capture all of your thoughts in one place. You KNOW I fell in love with Mallory's Dumbo outfit, it was one of three of my all time favorite dresses (the other is a wish dress with Cinderella and her stepsisters on it that was made for Ana (thatsnice daughter) and the other is Lisa's Epcot dress (come on over and read our TR, you know you want to)! :thumbsup2

I hope you don't mind, I am going to post a link on the wishtrippers thread that you have completed your TR, it DESERVES to be read and enjoyed!! Let me know if you would like me to post a link on the disboutique thread as well so the ladies (and you were lucky enough to have a gentleman as well) who worked so hard on these awesome creations can see their amazing gifts in action!!! :dance3:

THANK YOU AGAIN for sharing your precious family with us!! I think it is time for you to plan another trip...maybe to Disneyland!

Aww thanks!! Yes please share the link. We had just a special wish trip made even more special by the Big Give and I would love to say thank you once again to everyone who worked so hard to make our Big Give the awesome experience it was. So please feel free to post the link!! In fact, I always said that when my trip report was over I come join the Big Give. Is it still going on. If so could you post a link for me to find it. My mom wants to do it with me and HOORAY :banana::banana::banana::banana: she can sew. Plus I have an idea for what I would like to send already!! :idea: :thumbsup2

I said it before and I'll say it again!! You are So sweet. I actually owe finishing this to you!!. I have to admit with the computer breaking and Mallory ending up in the hospital again it was just too easy not finish it!!! Your encouragement spurred me on!!! Now I'm going to go to one of those book making website and turn my blog posts into a book for both kids and I would not have been able to do that if I didn't have you to thank for your support!!!! :goodvibes Me and my family have really enjoyed the stroll down memory lane so a HUGE thank you from all of us. :grouphug:

Since we live in California we have been back to Disneyland for day trips. In fact, Mallory and Michael just got back from a trip with Grandma!!! :smickey:::MinnieMopluto::donald::tink:party: Ohh I should post some pics of that!! Mallory returns to Disney in her Dumbo dress... I can see it already!!! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Okay, I'm heading over to check out your trip report. :lovestruc Can't wait to see your Epcot dress!!!!!!

Thanks for everything!!

Big Hugs, :hug:

Madeline

I'm one that's been reading your TR but not commenting. Thought I would now since you've completed it. Thanks for coming back to finish up Mallory's wish trip! Love her Dumbo outfit too! So glad that she can still wear her Big Give outfits to Disneyland. Have you gone to see the new Cars Land at CA? You can always add some pictures from your visit to Disneyland.

Hi, :goodvibes

Thanks so much for following out trip report!!! :worship: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Yes the kids have been to Cars. In fact they just went Wednesday!! My mom took them so there are not 1000 pictures (like I literally took of the wish trip), but there are some cute ones. Great idea. I'll have to post some pictures.

As far as Cars Land goes the reviews are back and according to Michael it was the best themed land he has ever seen!! He said he felt like he was walking into the movie!!! They rode Luigi's flying tires and said it was fun. I guess they hover on air. They didn't ride Mater's Junkyard Jamboree or Radiator Springs racers because the lines were a 3 hour wait. :eek::scared1: People staying at the Disneyland resorts get early entry, so they snatched up all the fast paces before the park even opened to the public. :rolleyes2 :confused3 :rotfl:

Lucky for them they have annual pass (presents from Grandma and Unk :woohoo: :love:) so they'll be back!!!! :jumping1::tinker:pluto:::MinnieMo:smickey:

Thanks again for following our trip report!!! It's so nice to hear from you!!!

Hugs, :hug:

Madeline

Saw your post on Judy's thread, thought I would pop in, I love :lovestruc:lovestruc reading make a wish trip reports! :goodvibes Just thought I'd say hello before settling down to read it! popcorn::

*UPDATE* Finished through page 15, and can I just say, my goodness, these Big Gives are incredible! Love them all, wish I could make such wonderful clothing! Mallory is too adorable, and Michael seems like a great big brother!

Saw your post on Judy's thread, thought I would pop in, I love :lovestruc:lovestruc reading make a wish trip reports! :goodvibes Just thought I'd say hello before settling down to read it! popcorn::

*UPDATE* Finished through page 15, and can I just say, my goodness, these Big Gives are incredible! Love them all, wish I could make such wonderful clothing! Mallory is too adorable, and Michael seems like a great big brother!

Thanks for checking out our wish trip. I'm glad to hear you enjoy reading wish trips. I sure enjoy sharing our!!! It's very nice of you to stop by and post us a message. :goodvibes

Wow page 15 you got far in one day!! Yes the Big Give was amazing!! One of the best experiences of our lives! The thoughtfulness and the talent of others was amazing!! Thanks for the compliments about Mallory. Michael is a GREAT big brother. He is awesome with her!!! :love: :hug: :yay:

Thanks again!!! :lovestruc

Madeline

What a wonderful trip! Memories were made to last a lifetime. What a beautiful family you have.

Hi I just finished reading your trip report.
Wow what a beautiful family you have and the pictures were so nice.
And the outfits were so pretty and your daughter looked so lovely in her snow white dress.
Thank you very much for sharing your trip it makes us even more eager for our trip :)

FANTASTIC trip report!!!!!!!!!

You did a GREAT job!!!

I have marked yours "FINISHED" so that everyone can come by and check it out as they are planning their special trip.

I can't imagine the frustration that first day to not make it all the way to Orlando - :faint: - but you guys took it in stride and were able to make it up on the back end of your trip - which is fantastic!!

Thank you so much for sharing it all with us!

Thanks for checking out our wish trip. I'm glad to hear you enjoy reading wish trips. I sure enjoy sharing our!!! It's very nice of you to stop by and post us a message. :goodvibes

Wow page 15 you got far in one day!! Yes the Big Give was amazing!! One of the best experiences of our lives! The thoughtfulness and the talent of others was amazing!! Thanks for the compliments about Mallory. Michael is a GREAT big brother. He is awesome with her!!! :love: :hug: :yay:

Thanks again!!! :lovestruc

Madeline

I finished! :yay::yay: I'm a college kid, I do have a lot going on right now, but still enough time to sit down and :surfweb: read DIS threads :) Mallory is too cute, and I love all her wonderful Big Give outfits!! :lovestruc I just signed up for the Big Give because things like that just make my heart sing, but I don't have much money and no real "skills". But I love seeing the joy on these precious kids' faces! :wizard: I loved looking at all the GKTW things, it's my dream to volunteer there someday! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hope Mallory is feeling better and is on the mend! :hug: :hug:

What a wonderful trip! Memories were made to last a lifetime. What a beautiful family you have.

Thanks for stopping by.:goodvibes It is very sweet of you to compliment the family!!! :lovestruc It was a wonderful once in a lifetime trip. It was so great is sometimes feels like it was a dream!!! :cloud9:

Thanks again for checking out our wish trip!! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Madeline

Hi I just finished reading your trip report.
Wow what a beautiful family you have and the pictures were so nice.
And the outfits were so pretty and your daughter looked so lovely in her snow white dress.
Thank you very much for sharing your trip it makes us even more eager for our trip :)

Thanks for following our trip. :worship: I remember when we were waiting to go!! Looking at trip reports was so much fun and so helpful!! I hope that my trip reports help other family planning a trip like I was helped by trip reports before I went.

I'm excited for you!! I hope that you have a wonderful time!!! In fact, I just know you will!!! pixiedust: :banana::banana::banana: :cool1:

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer!! :confused3 :confused: I would be more than happy to help!!! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Thanks again!!

Madeline

FANTASTIC trip report!!!!!!!!!

You did a GREAT job!!!

I have marked yours "FINISHED" so that everyone can come by and check it out as they are planning their special trip.

I can't imagine the frustration that first day to not make it all the way to Orlando - :faint: - but you guys took it in stride and were able to make it up on the back end of your trip - which is fantastic!!

Thank you so much for sharing it all with us!

Hi, :goodvibes

It's nice to see you visit our wish trip!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for marking my wish trip "finished"! I worked hard to get that word by our thread!!! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the compliments on the thread. It means a lot to me!!! ::yes:: :love:

Oh and the 1st day plane breaking down was crazy!!! :furious: :scared1: :sad: It's funny now looking back!!! I actually thought while we were waiting, wow it must be sad for people who are on wish trips to have there plane break, then it happened to us!! Here I was sympathizing with other people and it happened to US!! :confused3 :worried: But as you said we made best of it and even ended up with an extra day!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thanks again for stopping by our thread!!! And thanks for all you've done for wish families. Planning is such a special time in the wish trip and your work has made it even more special!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Madeline

I finished! :yay::yay: I'm a college kid, I do have a lot going on right now, but still enough time to sit down and :surfweb: read DIS threads :) Mallory is too cute, and I love all her wonderful Big Give outfits!! :lovestruc I just signed up for the Big Give because things like that just make my heart sing, but I don't have much money and no real "skills". But I love seeing the joy on these precious kids' faces! :wizard: I loved looking at all the GKTW things, it's my dream to volunteer there someday! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hope Mallory is feeling better and is on the mend! :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the well wishes for Mallory and reading our whole trip report!! :worship: :thumbsup2 :banana::banana::banana: That must be record time!! LOL :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I agree seeing the joy on the faces of the kids is AWESOME!! :cloud9: So, I'm going to sign up for the Big Give too!! We should be Big Give buddies. I don't have any real skills either but my mom sews and she is going to do it with me!!! Plus I have an idea of something I could buy the kids would love!!! :love:

I think it's great you want to volunteer at Give Kids the World!! What a nice person you must be!!! Best wishes in college.

Madeline

Hey all,

I just saw the message about moving the thread once your Pre-trip report was finished. Of course know I've finished my trip report so I'm going to ask if my thread can be moved to trip reports. :cheer2: :dance3: :goodvibes

Coming up this weekend I'm going to post Mallory and Michael go to Disneyland. :yay: :cool1:

I'll give you a hint... Mallory's dumbo dress makes another appearance!!! :thumbsup2

So if you are looking for us we will be at the Trip Report thread!!!:wave::teeth:

Hi, :wave2:

Yeah, my thread made it to trip reports!!! :cool1:

If you are wondering where we've been... well I was writing my trip report in the pre-trip thread. :lmao: :rotfl2:

Please let me know if I can be of any help. If you have any questions let me know. :confused3 I have my Bunny Book (Give Kids the World information guide) ready to help anyone who has a question. :thumbsup2

Also feel free to comment or ask questions about our trip report. :hyper: :goodvibes

Okay I'm off to post our pictures from our latest Disneyland trip.

Hugs, :grouphug:

Madeline

Hi, :wave2:

The waiting game... yes it's summer time so Disneyland is super busy. And if you wanted to ride Mater's Junkyard Jamboree or the Radiator Springs Racers you had to play the waiting game. More on that later...

Entering the Park via the Happiest Tram Ride on Earth :goodvibes
Disneyland4July2012.jpg

Our cast of characters for this trip was Grandma (you can spot her in the pictures... she is the one behind the camera :rotfl2:) Mallory 7 years old, Michael (get a shave :lmao:) 17 years old, and Michael's friend Ashley.

And there off for fast passes. Just what time will they get to ride Radiator Springs Racers... The answer... never o'clock. :rotfl: The fast pass are already gone. Where did they all go...:confused3 Then grandma hears some talk... it seems everyone staying at the hotels get early admission and most of them use that to secure themselves fast pass. Bummer! :sad: Next it was over to see how long the wait was... 3 hours!!! :scared1: They talk it over and decide to save this ride until next time. Grandma and Michael both have annual pass that unk bought them... and Mallory has an annual pass that Grandma bought her so, they'll be back... :tink:

Exploring Cars Land... which gets a 5 star rating. Michael says it is the best themed land he has ever seen and this after our Trip to Florida is saying a lot.
He said that it feels as if you have stepped into the movie!! pixiedust:

Disneyland5July2012.jpg

If you spotted the Dumbo Dress from her Make a Wish Trip 10,000 points for you. This dress was part of the Big Give!!! It was made by PrincessLeighsDaddy!! He did such a good job on this dress it is a show stopper. Everywhere they went they were asked questions like where did you buy that or did you make that. Michael was tempted to say he found some fabric lying around that morning an whipped it up!!! :rotfl2: A HUGE thanks once again to everyone who made our Big Give happen... the magic continues on...pixiedust:

Disneyland3July2012.jpg

Mallory is now wearing the Dumbo outfit with the dress off. It also came with a shirt and pants. As you can see the pants have balloons on them. They are balloons shaped like Mickey! Just too cute!!!

Disneyland2July2012.jpg

Mallory in Luigi's Flying Tires car. This is the one ride they rode in Cars Land, so they are 1/3!!!
Disneyland6July2012.jpg

Of course they also rode Soarin which is a family favorite then they were off to Paradise Pier Michael and Ashley rode California Screamin' while Mallory and grandma rode the carousel!!

DisneylandJuly2012.jpg

Look King Triton is watching over Mallory!!!

They had lunch at Pacific Wharf Cafe...By the way who knew the Tortilla Factory is now the Ghiradelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate shop. I was a little sad to hear that. I'll miss the Tortilla Factory... but Michael said free chocolate samples were better than free tortilla samples anyway!!!

Michael and Ashley went to ride Tower of Terror while Grandma and Mallory explored Bugs Land.

At the end of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train he says I miss you already!! So that is grandma and Mallory's new catch phrase... I miss you already!! :goodvibes

Mallory driving Tuck and Roll's Drive'em Buggies

Disneyland7July2012.jpg

Of course all this ate up a huge chunk of the day. They did head over to Disneyland for a bit and rode Small World, Alice in Wonderland, and the Carousel. Remember it's a summer day so the lines are really long!!!

Then they went back to ride The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Finally they saw World or Color. The kids could not stop talking about how amazing this show was. It's a water show set to Disney songs with film Images projected in the water. They did get a fast pass ticket for this so they had awesome seats!! Mallory love how even the new movies like Brave were a part of the show!! The kids also raved about this. World of Color gets 5 stars too!!

Grandma said Mallory was a super eater all day long. Apparently, she even ate not one... but two bags of popcorn!! popcorn::

Favorites at Disneyland Oops forgot to ask everyone... I'll be right back to let you know!!

Grandma
Michael
Ashley
Mallory -- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Tuck and Roll's Drive'em Buggies (a bumper car type ride), World of Color and Soarin' Over California

Everyone had a great time and can't wait to return in the Fall. The plan is to return when school is in session, so the 3 hour waits will be a thing of the past! I say sure, but take me too!!! :wave2:

Updated Pictures 08/01/13

Here are some recent pictures of the kids:

This was our family vacation this year. We went on a cruise with my side of the family. It was so much fun and we booked early so we got a great rate.

Mallory's Baptism (last month)

Have a Magical Day!!

Madeline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter