Magical EBTA 2017

Has anyone been able to check in on line? We have tried for 2 days now.

Has anyone started a mixology class or other sort of group experience class?

I'm with you!! I have way too many clothes on top of my suitcase right now as I have no idea what to wear. Will the ship be cold?
Thanks for the tip on Norwegian Air. I am flying them from Copenhagen to Edinburgh, Scotland after the cruise
Last year, which was a totally different route across, was rather cold and windy. Quite a storm!! Inside the ship was very comfortable except during dinner I preferred to wear a light sweater. During the day I wore capris and short sleeved tops. (my usual warm weather attire!). Frozen deck party I wore winter hat, fleece and rain jacket to cut the wind!! Same attire in London after the cruise. I plan to pack layers for this trip - short sleeve shirts, a few light sweaters (black and white), fleece, rain jacket, light weight hoody,capris and a few jeans. Dresses/slacks/capris/nice tops for dinner. They also provide blankets to snuggle in by the pools. Pools are super warm!

There's a thread on the Cruise Forum that talks about current on line check in difficulties.

I am glad to read that the pools were warm!!

Has anyone been able to check in on line? We have tried for 2 days now.

Has anyone started a mixology class or other sort of group experience class?
I have been having trouble for a week. It will not let me do any online check-in. No matter what computer, ipad or phone I'm on. I did call because I had to update my passport info and the person I spoke with said that they were experiencing difficulties - they had done an update earlier but he said it should not have affected my account - but it did. He would open a ticket on my account, but it has now been a week and I have other updates I want to do and I cannot print out any forms either. So, tomorrow I'll be calling again.

Current information about the Candy Exchange. It seems that there have been some folks who had to cancel the cruise, and it looks as if there will be one group, and it may have around 10 cabins. There is still time to sign up, and send me the information about your cabin.

Our house in Ohio is expected to close on Friday the 14. I will be away from my main computer until Monday night, April 17, and that is when I will send the information to everyone regarding the people and staterooms involved in this exchange. We are excited about finally officially moving to Cape May!

Any more information about candy exchange. Deadline is April 16. I will send information on April 17.

Hi, I flew Norwegian Air round trip to and from NYC a couple of years ago. I hate flying, I highly recommend this airline. I upgraded myself to include all extras. Super. I will be flying home with them after this trip, but from Bergen, as I will be headed to Norway to visit family. As an aside, anyone who has done the EBTA this time of year, can you help me with what kind of temperatures we may experience. I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what to pack. I took the WBTA from Barcelona a few years ago and the weather was warmer. It's been so chilly here in NY I can't think. midgie5

Hi, while I don't scrapebook specifically, I do enjoy paper crafts and am currently obsessed with you tubing altered junk journals. Just picked up a bag ful of books at Salvation Army and collecting ephemera. I remember a scrapebooking gathering on one of my other cruises. Perhaps there will be a gathering on this cruise as well. And there are stem to stern classes of various wine, beer, mixology as well. There is a signing up and nominal fee for those. Such fun. Midge

Hi Midge! I don't have any answers to your questions, but just wanted to welcome you to our cruise thread! :goodvibes

Last year, which was a totally different route across, was rather cold and windy. Quite a storm!! Inside the ship was very comfortable except during dinner I preferred to wear a light sweater. During the day I wore capris and short sleeved tops. (my usual warm weather attire!). Frozen deck party I wore winter hat, fleece and rain jacket to cut the wind!! Same attire in London after the cruise. I plan to pack layers for this trip - short sleeve shirts, a few light sweaters (black and white), fleece, rain jacket, light weight hoody,capris and a few jeans. Dresses/slacks/capris/nice tops for dinner. They also provide blankets to snuggle in by the pools. Pools are super warm!
I always find the theaters cold and need a sweater or a shawl. My only TA was the Barcelona route but I'm planning layers, jeans for daytime, khakis for most nights and light sweaters. I am bringing a warmer coat which will also be a raincoat. London is 57-60 degrees this week and Amsterdam is in the low 50s.

We are still not able to check in on line!
You are in the same boat as I am. I called again and they made note (again) and told me to keep trying (not the best solution). I'll call again on Saturday but I think I have to ask them to dig a little deeper into my profile to see if there is a problem with it or let me talk with the IT person. I want to print out my boarding documents, etc. so it's bothering me that I can see anything.

I'm with you!! I have way too many clothes on top of my suitcase right now as I have no idea what to wear. Will the ship be cold?

I don't think the ship will be cold. Take a neutral colored shaw, or jacket, that you can wear more than once. I wore sleeveless a few times on 2016 EBTA.

Hi, while I don't scrapebook specifically, I do enjoy paper crafts and am currently obsessed with you tubing altered junk journals. Just picked up a bag ful of books at Salvation Army and collecting ephemera. I remember a scrapebooking gathering on one of my other cruises. Perhaps there will be a gathering on this cruise as well. And there are stem to stern classes of various wine, beer, mixology as well. There is a signing up and nominal fee for those. Such fun. Midge

Hey, y'all -- I don't scrapbook (wish I did!) but I believe it's one of those things that if you do it, you'll attract attention and others will come forward and chat with you, telling you how they do it and where they get materials and asking your advice, etc etc. So yeah, if you bring crafting supplies, I'm pretty sure you'll find others to do it with.

That said, I believe that you'll find a group every morning in the Cove Cafe, beginning at 9 am I think? (maybe it's 10 am) on Sea Days. They will be there for two hours so 9-11. It's drop in, but a group of crafters, each doing their thing. I'll be needlepointing, so come on by with your stuff!

If anyone wants to join in the local Candy/ Snack exchange using Fish Extenders, do so by Sunday. When I get home on Monday, I will send the list to everyone!

Please message me and give stateroom, number of people and if any allergies.

Hey, y'all -- I don't scrapbook (wish I did!) but I believe it's one of those things that if you do it, you'll attract attention and others will come forward and chat with you, telling you how they do it and where they get materials and asking your advice, etc etc. So yeah, if you bring crafting supplies, I'm pretty sure you'll find others to do it with.

That said, I believe that you'll find a group every morning in the Cove Cafe, beginning at 9 am I think? (maybe it's 10 am) on Sea Days. They will be there for two hours so 9-11. It's drop in, but a group of crafters, each doing their thing. I'll be needlepointing, so come on by with your stuff!

I'll be there! And, I've already started to pack some fun mini projects to share. See ya real soon!

Thanks to everyone for the packing hints. I am coming from northern Vermont (a "never leave without a fleece" state)so I am going to assume the weather will be similar.
I did my on-line check in when we could book our excursions and printed out my paperwork at that time, I hope I am all set.
Just tried getting into Online check-in again (at 12:58 pm) and I got ZIPPO....not a good signo_O:confused:

Thanks to all for the packing tips. I come from Northern Vermont (a "never go anywhere without a fleece" state)so I will assume the weather will be similar.
Jeans, t-shirts (long and short) hoodies, sweaters and raingear, some gloves and a hat plus some fancy duds. I will be off to Scotland for a few days afterwards so it will still be chilly. I fear Pirate night we will be "shivering our timbers" pirate:
I just tried getting into Online check-in again with ZIPPO luck. I am glad I did it when we could choose our port times/excursions, and I printed out my paperwork so I HOPE I am all set. 1 month to go!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee

We are still not able to check in on line!

You might have already done this, but I was able to get in this morning. I did clear my history/cookies out of my browser first and then I was able to get into the on-line check in.

You might have already done this, but I was able to get in this morning. I did clear my history/cookies out of my browser first and then I was able to get into the on-line check in.
We are down to the wire regarding house closing. Everything else is put on hold. Monday is my day for getting on with my life! Thank you...will try doing what you suggest then.

Bobbi

I was able to get in today, as well. I didn't clear my history, so DCL must finally have it officially up and running. I'd actually already completed our check-in and printed the forms, but I double-checked today just to be sure while I was canceling one of our port adventures.

Only 29 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter