Magical EBTA 2017

Ok! It's April First, please start a conversation with me,&include your cabin number, the number of adults and children in the cabin and if there are any allergies we should know about! Please put "candy exchange" in the title!

Just a reminder to send me your information!

:boat:

If you are still interested in the Candy Exchange, please send me your information through a conversation!

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Lol! You are absolutely right! i hadn't even thought about this. :)

Sorry, this is a misconception.

Our boards condemn (1) commercial links and (2) posting in an attempt to drive people away from disboards. But if an active Facebooker wants to meet other cruisers on Facebook, just like if you wanted to meet a cruiser in your hometown, there's nothing wrong with asking and answering.

Hi! I am bumping up this invitation to show interest. On April 1 I will begin accepting conversations with cabin numbers. Deadline for getting information to me is April 15, and I will send the groups their information. It looks like 2 groups.

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange
For the love of Pooh
Cbardwell
Big red07
Nrbrenna
Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloewen
MorMor

Keep the Conversations coming!

After April 15, I will be sending group messages out.

Candy Exchange

Please send your information regarding cabin numbers and allergies!

Our Cruise is getting closer!!! Woohoooooo!!

That means there's only 10 more days left to join in on all the fun of our Fish Extender Exchange!! :scared1:

The following people are officially signed up to participate!
Cbardwell
charterchick
Deb T.
For the love of Pooh
Giggles6311
hmhaase
ImNarek
Kerpe
Maple Det
Mommatothebear
mvlimmex
ndloewen
Nutrigirl
Pawdoc Daisy
QueenEleanor
Shawnadb
wrabitdad

The deadline to join is Saturday, April 15, 2017 I will send all participants a Private Message (PM) through the DIS Boards on Sunday, April 16, with your FE group information.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me (Deb T.) a “Conversation” with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

To send a “Conversation”
Click on my name (Deb T.) in the little box on the top left
Click on “Start a Conversation”
Enter a “Conversation Title”
Under the row of icons, type your message
To send, Click “Start a Conversation” under your message

(FYI: If you are new to the DIS Boards, you will need to have made at least ten posts on DIS Forums before you can send a Private Message.)

Absolutely can not wait for our cruise!!!! :boat:

Candy Exchange, send your information
Cabin number, number of persons in cabin, and if there are any allergies!

For the love of Pooh
Cbardwell
Big red07
Nrbrenna
Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloew

I have gotten information from some, and I have sent a private conversation to some, but there are some that I cannot send a private conversation to, and so, if you are on this list and still want to participate in the Candy Exchange, please post here.

I cannot send messages to:
Big red07
nbrenna
Pawdoc Daisy...sorry, I did not have your full Disboard name. I have sent the conversation to you!
Expedition Everest1
Poookie
Maple Det
calli cruiser

Last edited:
Hi My name is Nicole and my husband Lars and daughter Karianne will be on this cruise. We currently live in Norway but I am American. This is our very first Disney cruise and first actual cruise. We are super excited.
We would like to sign up for candy exchange. My husband signed up on FB for the fish extender( or so we think he did) but we would like to be added to the candy exchange too. Our room is 5012.

I see that you have given your cabin number, but you need to have 10 posts before I can send you the list of candy exchange participants.

Well, now that I've read all of the posts in this thread (and responded to several of them), I should probably introduce myself!

Hi all! My name is Heather, I'm new to the forums and still figuring my way around. My wife and I booked the EBTA cruise today!!! We are so excited. lol, I think this is our 5th Disney Cruise if I'm counting right... we did the Panama Canal last May and it was amazing (we've also done a 3 day, the southern Caribbean, western Caribbean, and a few other non-Disney cruises)... so excited to have another cruise to look forward to! AND - we're headed to Aluani at the end of next month!

My wife does genealogy and some of her ancestors were from Karlshamn, Sweden, so we're planning on staying in Copenhagen for a night or two and then taking a train to Karlshamn. Is anyone familiar with the area? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I would love to participate in candy exchanges, fish extender exchanges, and any other group activities... I'm also a coloring and crafting junky and would love to get together with other colorers and crafters - maybe we could arrange some fun projects to do. The crafting workshops on the ship are fun, but they're usually geared towards really basic skill levels. I'd be happy to host a small craft or coloring meet!

Oh, I'm also an avid collector of Disney Animator Dolls and my absolute favorite Disney character is Stitch... although Lilo comes in as a very close second. :)

Can't wait to meet all of you!!!

photo.php
You need 10 posts here to get a conversation from me. If you're still interested in the Candy Exchange, please post here until you can get the messages! Thank you!

Please add us as well. We will check in for more information in 2017. (MapleDet ( Alicia, Jane (10, George(8) , Fritz (5)
I need your cabin number. Please send me a conversation!
Thank you,
Bobbi

I flew from Amsterdam to Dublin two years ago with Air Lingus. No problem and good service. In Dublin you have already the TSA control so you don't have any controls anymore when you arrive back in the States.

Friends of me from Florida, who will join us next year on the cruise, did flew with Norwegian and they were very positive about them.

So Air Lingus and Norwegian are good alternatives. I will look also for another airline: TUI Fly. This company has a flight to Orlando Sanford and Miami and has also low prices.

Hi, I flew Norwegian Air round trip to and from NYC a couple of years ago. I hate flying, I highly recommend this airline. I upgraded myself to include all extras. Super. I will be flying home with them after this trip, but from Bergen, as I will be headed to Norway to visit family. As an aside, anyone who has done the EBTA this time of year, can you help me with what kind of temperatures we may experience. I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what to pack. I took the WBTA from Barcelona a few years ago and the weather was warmer. It's been so chilly here in NY I can't think. midgie5

:banana:
Thanks!!
I do like to scrapbook so that might be fun to do on board and perhaps some mixology group. Have never been on such a long cruise especially by myself so not sure what to expect!:banana:
Hi, while I don't scrapebook specifically, I do enjoy paper crafts and am currently obsessed with you tubing altered junk journals. Just picked up a bag ful of books at Salvation Army and collecting ephemera. I remember a scrapebooking gathering on one of my other cruises. Perhaps there will be a gathering on this cruise as well. And there are stem to stern classes of various wine, beer, mixology as well. There is a signing up and nominal fee for those. Such fun. Midge

Rudisdey I have a question for you. We are taking a canal cruise in the afternoon of our Amsterdam day. Do yo think I would be possible to visit the Van Gogh Museum in the morning? How should we get there and back? What is your suggestion about money in the city? Should we have euros for tipping and lunch? Do you tip 15% for services? Thanks for you help. Karen

When you want to visit the van Gogh museum I advise you to buy tickets now on internet. The museum opens at 9.00 am and waitinglines will be long. When you buy tickets in advance you will have priority. Look for tickets here: https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/pla...and-webstore?gclid=CPfUv6fEkdMCFfYy0wodi5wG5w

You can reach the van Gogh Museum by public transport. From the ship take a 10 minutes walk to the Central Station. There you can buy a public transport daycard from the GVB. With this card you can travel with tram all day. Take tram 2, 5, 16 stop Rijksmuseum. Van Goghmuseum is a short walk from there. Travel is about 20 minutes.

I advise you to have cash Euro's. Not to much. You can pay with creditcard in many shops and restaurants. Tipping is not like in the USA. Normally good service receive tipping but not more than 10%.

Last edited:
When you want to visit the van Gogh museum I advise you to buy tickets now on internet. The museum opens at 9.00 am and waitinglines will be long. When you buy tickets in advance you will have priority. Look for tickets here: https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/pla...and-webstore?gclid=CPfUv6fEkdMCFfYy0wodi5wG5w

You can reach the van Gogh Museum by public transport. From the ship take a 10 minutes walk to the Central Station. There you can buy a public transport daycard from the GVB. With this card you can travel with tram all day. Take tram 2, 5, 16 stop Rijksmuseum. Van Goghmuseum is a short walk from there. Travel is about 20 minutes.

I advise you to have cash Euro's. Not to much. You can pay with creditcard in many shops and restaurants. Tipping is not like in the USA. Normally good service receive tipping but not more than 10%.

Thank you. That is exactly the information I needed. You are a fountain of good information. Can't wait to visit your country.Hope to meet you soon.

Hi, I flew Norwegian Air round trip to and from NYC a couple of years ago. I hate flying, I highly recommend this airline. I upgraded myself to include all extras. Super. I will be flying home with them after this trip, but from Bergen, as I will be headed to Norway to visit family. As an aside, anyone who has done the EBTA this time of year, can you help me with what kind of temperatures we may experience. I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what to pack. I took the WBTA from Barcelona a few years ago and the weather was warmer. It's been so chilly here in NY I can't think. midgie5

I'm with you!! I have way too many clothes on top of my suitcase right now as I have no idea what to wear. Will the ship be cold?
Thanks for the tip on Norwegian Air. I am flying them from Copenhagen to Edinburgh, Scotland after the cruise

Thank you. That is exactly the information I needed. You are a fountain of good information. Can't wait to visit your country.Hope to meet you soon.
I am happy to help everyone who wants to visit my birthtown. I now live in a town 8 miles from the Amsterdam port. We will be on the EBTA cruise so if you have questions during the cruise, we are in stateroom 6142.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter