May 21st - At Sea (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 22nd - At Sea (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 23rd - Portland (Stonehenge) (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 24th - Dover (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 25th - Amsterdam (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 26th - At Sea (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 27th - Copenhagen (attire) - R1; R2; R3
May 28th - Copenhagen (attire) - R1; R2; R3

Well my wife and I are booked on this cruise and completely excited. We did a Transatlantic back in 2009 (I think) to Barcelona and had the most magical (pun intended) cruise. This will be our 17th Disney Cruise and we are looking forward to it. We plan to spend a few days after in London and Paris before coming home.

Hi all. Jeff, thanks for setting this up.

We have always wanted to do a TA. We also were supposed to do the 11 night (?) Norwegian Fjords last year, but Penny's boss nixed it. Something about corporate meetings, and her not being here. She is the executive assistant for the CEO/owner of a small engineering firm and he kind of depends on her (a lot). So, with Penny retiring (hopefully) by the end of the year and no boss to disrupt plans, we are going to do kind of a retirement blowout cruise. We are doing this cruise followed up by the 7 night Northern European followed up by the Norwegian Fjords. With Disney raising prices so regularly, these might be our last, at least on Disney. We are staying in 5524, one of those 'secret porthole' rooms with not really much of a view, but a window is a window. So looking forward to getting to know all of you over the 39x days before we embark on this adventure.

I would like to pick some brains tho. Travel insurance. Are there better deals out there (cost/benefit wise) than Disney's chosen coverage?

My wife and I are booked on this cruise, and are really looking forward to it. Will be DW's first trip to Europe! Props Jeff for setting up this meet forum. Look forward to learning and sharing info regarding this cruise.

Hi! We were on DCL's 2013's EBTA to Barcelona, and we're booked on this!

I've organized Candy Exchanges on many cruises. We use Fish Extenders to pass out treats of local origin. We print out info from the Internet giving some history. Examples given out in past are Cheese Straws from Mississippi, chocolate from Hershey as well as many small local chocolate companies, salt water taffy from Jersey shore or Salt Lake City, Life Savers from Cleveland and citrus treats from FL.

So far, January 20, here's the list:

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange

Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked

I keep groups between 7-11 rooms. If anyone thinks they are interested, just mention it here. I'll be asking for cabins and allergic concerns in 2017!

Looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers and participating in meets or pin trading events!

Bobbi

PS. Rudisdey posted this on page 11. Looks like a reference for you if you send him a message regarding what you could do in Amsterdam!
I will be on the cruise also together with my wife and friends from Florida. We live in the Netherlands in a town just 6 miles from the centre of Amsterdam. When there are any questions about the interesting spots in Amsterdam, I am happy to answer your questions the next months.

Rudisdey, Today at 1:03 AMReport
#220Like+ QuoteReply

Last edited:

We are booked on this one. Joi and Donna. We have done 3 WBTA on Disney and are looking forward to this one. This is our 14th Disney cruise. Looking forward to getting to know people before we go.

Donna

It's been awhile since I Was on a cruise roll call, but we put this on hold yesterday and should be booking officially tomorrow unless DH tries to talk me out of it tonight! We have done two TA cruises- Pt Canaveral to Barcelona in 2010 and Barcelona to San Juan in 2014. I prefer westbound, but the eastbound really caught my eye this time since it is full of ports we've never visited.

Hello! Thanks for starting this thread. We are Joanne & John and we will be joining you
We have taken 8 cruises on Disney including a transatlantic way back in 2007.
We chose this cruise because the timing is perfect and we love the itinerary! Can't wait to start planning

Hey y'all....I'm on this cruise as well...solo trip for me. Second EBTA with DCL (2015). New ports! :cool1:
Thanks Jeff for getting this off the ground.

Bob - on travel insurance: I went thru USAA which sent me to Travel Insured's website and I got $7000 (don't know flight costs yet so I just guessed on totals) for $318. It was the middle package but included pre-existing, medical evac (I watched the US Coast Guard airlift an injured man off the Magic on last year's EBTA so I'm now more interested in that aspect!) and other stuff like lost luggage and missed/delayed flights. Bought policies from them before but thankfully haven't had to use it.

Looking forward to meeting folks!
Peach (aka Lynda)

Hello all!

My husband and I will be on this cruise as well. It will be my 9th Disney cruise and my husband's 5th. We have also cruised Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. Enjoyed them both but I'm a Disney girl! :)

I'm a travel agent so I love to travel and I haven't been to any of the ports on this cruise.

Very excited and thankful to be going!

Christine

Just got off the Wonder yesterday and booked this cruise today. :)
We just completed our 9th DCL cruise (RCCL before that). Can't say how many cruises I will have by this cruise- but at least one more so I will definitely be platinum.
We have done an PC repo cruise but never a TA so super excited about this cruise.
We still have a child in high school so not sure if it will be me and friend/s, my husband and I, or a cruise w/ both our DD's.

Hello all!

My wife and I will be on this cruise as well. It will be our 6th Disney cruise. We fly from Amsterdam to Orlando. Than going back to Europe with the Magic. We even can go home (12 miles away) when we visit Amsterdam. :earsboy:

Just got off the Wonder yesterday and booked this cruise today. :)
We just completed our 9th DCL cruise (RCCL before that). Can't say how many cruises I will have by this cruise- but at least one more so I will definitely be platinum.
We have done an PC repo cruise but never a TA so super excited about this cruise.
We still have a child in high school so not sure if it will be me and friend/s, my husband and I, or a cruise w/ both our DD's.
Hey there!!!
We booked this cruise as well. Not sure if we'll have just one of the kiddos or 2 of them -similar situation to yours but we're booked and we'll figure out who all can go later! LOL
We have the panama canal coming up real soon.. then we can get gungho planning for this cruise! Well as far as cruises go- we still have DL this summer also LOL
It'll be nice to see you again, fellow pirate ;)

Tom and I are both Platinum on DCL. We are excited to be going to Europe again. Coming back we want to go on Islandic air and spend a few days in Iceland.

We have been to Copenhagen in 2009 when we took a Princess cruise of the Baltic. We are both of Polish heritage and Princess was the only cruise line that stopped in Gdynia Poland. Before going to Copenhagen I had read about how bicycles were popular, but until going there I never dreamed just how popular they were!

I was so impressed with how calm and pretty the water looked in the middle of the Atlantic that I took these pictures on May 23, 2013. That trip sold us on long cruises! DH did have some trouble adjusting to 23 hour days, but he's willing to try it again.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bobbi

And the Passenger Terminal where the Magic will dock is on walking distance from this parking garage of the Central Station. Also the famous center of Amsterdam is on walking distance.

We are in! I just emailed all of my deposit paperwork to the travel agent.

I can't believe it's all real. We had no plans to cruise in 2017, but this was too good of an opportunity/itinerary to miss and the Magic is my absolute favorite ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter