Low Carb Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yum...I just tried a mock danish....yum yum yum....
Wish I had some of that yummy frosting on top, but this was actually very good :) I was going to fast today for Lent, but am having such a bad day had to eat something

Mmmmm... this one sounds good for a treat now & then!

Chocolate Kisses

1 pkg chocolate s/f instant pudding
1 cup heavy cream
4 oz. cream cheese

Mix together. It should be really thick like frosting. Put it all in a pastry bag (or sandwich bag - just snip the corner off) and choose a wide star type tip. (If mixture is too thick to squeeze out, just add a little bit of water). Make about 200 little kisses on a cookie sheet with wax paper on it. Freeze for a couple of hours. Take them off the wax paper and store in a plastic container in freezer. 5 kisses = 1 carb

Ok, I have one...

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
1 cup cottage cheese
4 eggs
1/2 cup wheat germ

Mix together (best to use a blender or hand blender) and cook like regular pancakes. There's approx. 2.5 grams of net carbs in a 4" pancake and they're very filling. So a plate of 4 is about 10 carbs.

These also freeze well to make an easy breakfast.

They are particularly good topped with strawberry puree (I use my hand blender to puree fresh strawberries...if they're really tart you can use splenda in them) and whipped cream. Though that adds much more carbs than s/f syrup.

When I start adding carbs I will have to try these pancakes :)

TRULY Decadent Chocolate Mousse

4 Tbs. heavy (whipping) cream
1/2 tsp. cocoa
1 tsp. sugar-free instant chocolate pudding powder
1-2 packets Splenda (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Whip cream until peaks form. Add all other ingredients and continue beating until well blended. Use spatula to scrape into a small bowl. Chill 5 minutes and enjoy.

Makes just enough for one person, and only weighs in at about 5 carbs.

I was ready to totally cheat and decided to turn to this thread. It was DD's birthday this weekend and we have cake left over...ice cream too!! I was sooooo tempted. I needed a fix..........so........I tried the Mock Danish...........It did the trick. Thanks!!!

Here's another ice cream recipe I've been using lately... it doesn't use any eggs, and doesn't require any cooking of the custard. It's quite good.

Vanilla Ice Cream

2 Tbs. lecithin granuales, blended to a powder consistency
1 c. sugar-free vanilla DaVinci syrup
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. liquid Splenda (or liquid Stevia, or NOW powdered Stevia)
1/3 c. xylitol
2 Tbs. glycerin
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum

Mix all ingredients well, and add to ice cream maker.

This is from Dana Carpender's fabulous 500 Low-Carb Recipes. Buy the book!

Gingerbread

1C ground almonds
1/2 C vanilla flavored whey-protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 C Splenda
1/2 C plain yogurt
1/4 C oil
1 tsp blackstrap molasses
1 egg
2 Tbl water
1/2 C shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine the almonds, protein powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and Splenda; mix well.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, molasses, egg, and water. Pour into the dry ingredients, and whisk until everything is well-combined. Add the zucchini and stir briefly to distribute evenly.

Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and turn batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Yeild: 9 servings, 9 g carbs, trace fiber, 17 g protein.

2 eggs
1/2 cup of parmesean cheese
1 medium eggplant
Franks Mrinara sauce (1 carb per 1/2 cup)

1/4 cup of olive oil

dip eggplant slices in egg than in the cheese, then fry in oil.

a serving is about 4 ounces of eggplant
add a few tablespoons of Frank's Marinara sauce on top

about 8.5 carbs per serving

Chocolate mint SHake...YUMMY!!!!

1 tbls Davincci chocolate syrup (SF,no carbs or calories)
1 tbsp Davincii Creme de minte (SF,no carbs no calories)
.25 cup of heavy cream (205 calories, 2 carbs, 1 protien)
.33 cup water ( 0 everything)
1 serving EAS chocolate whey protien (115 calories, 4carbs, 1 fiber)
1 tbls or whipped cream cheese (35 calories, 0 carbs)
add 7 icecubes

put in blender and blend....ENJOY!!!!

total calories 355 total carbs 6 minus one fiber only 5 carbs protien 22

YOu can also use the Vanilla EAS whey prtoien and use DUlce de Leche or the Kahlui one....Those are yummy and have one less carb :)

Atkins Garlic Toast Crisps
Whip up a batch of these crunchy, garlicky crisps to have on hand for spreads, dips or to crumble into soups.

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, pushed through a press
2 cups Atkins Bake Mix
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup club soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place olive oil and garlic in a small microwave-safe cup. Cook on high 1 minute or until garlic begins to turn golden; set aside.
2. Lightly coat an 8" x 4" loaf pan with vegetable oil. In a mixing bowl, combine bake mix, baking powder and salt. Add club soda, eggs and 1 tablespoon garlic oil. Mix thoroughly by hand or with an electric beater. Transfer dough to prepared pan; smooth top. Bake 1 hour.
3. Transfer bread to a wire rack to cool 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400ºF. With a serrated knife, cut loaf into 20 thin slices. Place slices on a baking sheet. Brush with half the remaining garlic oil. Bake 7 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven; flip slices and brush with remaining oil. Bake an additional 7 minutes, until golden and crisp.
4. Cool toasts completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Toasts may be frozen, wrapped, for up to 2 months.

Garlic-Herb Crisps: Add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil to the dry ingredients. Rosemary-Olive Crisps: Add 6 pitted, chopped oil-cured black olives and 1 teaspoon dried crumbled rosemary leaves to the dry ingredients.

The recipes sound great! I do have a request...how about something with ground beef that's NOT hamburger patties? The crustless pizza sounds good, is that okay for induction?

I doubt if this would work for induction (might though). But I enjoy browning ground beef with some taco seasoning. I put this on romaine lettuce with onion, tomatoe (or salsa) and a dolop or two of sour cream. It makes a wonderful taco salad!:D Also -- try crumbling some ground beef in a crockput and add shredded cabbage. I would also cut up a tomatoe and add a little broth (not much though, because the beef will make its own broth). I've also heard of frying ground beef and shredded cabbage --- haven't tried that one but it sounds good! Could you make some stuffed peppers or cabbage? Use pork rinds instead of bread crumbs to bind the beef together.

Isn't this way of eating FUN! :D

I just had a really yummy lunch that I haven't seen posted on here:

hot and spicy pork rinds
top with mexican cheese and jalapeno slices
sprinkle on taco seasoning

microwave ~ 1 minute until cheese melts

I topped with some taco sauce (not much) - delish! I ran out of sour cream or would have used that too.

I made this for dinner tonight...and my DH was VERY IMPRESSED. He told me to share it..I feel kind of silly but here it goes...

4 or more slices of Bacon...it depends how much bacon flavor you like.
Boneless Chicken

Green Olives

Rosemary (dried kind)

No Carb Chicken Broth
Fresh Garlic

Cut bacon into 1 inch slices, Fry in pan with Garlic (however much you like), and Rosemary (not too much its strong)

Remove bacon once its crispy.

Fry chicken in the bacon drippings until brown on both sides.

Add bacon mix back into pan.
Add Green Olives
Pour enough broth into pan to simmer/boil chicken.

Cover and let cook for about 15 mins.

The best part of this was it was VERY easy..and the Chicken was NOT dry which is DH biggest complaint of not using any sauces.
I don't think there is very many carbs in this..only the olives.

Hope you like it

Tracy

DW has just shown me this board and I'm very interested in some of the recipes, especially the cheese cakes..

BUT, I live in the UK and a quick look at my local supermarket doesnt show availability for products like Splenda which must be a US product not available in UK.

Does anyone know of UK based equivalent producs for the main Atkins type ingredients please ? And also is there a quide to equivalent weights anywhere too ?

Thanks

Terry

I don't know what you have available to you... I DO know there are quite a few people in the UK low-carbing now!

You may want to take a look at this page: http://www.low-carb.org.uk/main.htm, it may help you find some low-carb items.

You might also want to take a look at www.lowcarbfriends.com - I know there are quite a few posters who also live in the UK. I bet some of them could help you out with substitutions and such.

Here's a site with conversions (metric/US, British/US terms, oven temps...) - that should help, too. http://www.globalgourmet.com/cgi-bin/hts?convcalc.hts+usequiv+new

Good luck! :)

"Faux"tato Pancakes

These are a great substitute for potato pancakes, and great with sour cream, too!

3 cups shredded turnips (peeled, then shredded)
3 eggs
1/8 cup minced onion (fresh)
2 Tbs. unflavored protein isolate (wheat, soy, whey, milk & egg... whatever) or Atkins Bake Mix
salt & pepper to taste

Mix everything, glop a pancake into a pan, and fry in butter and olive oil until brown on both sides.

I added about an 1/8th of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to another batch... delicious, too! And surprisingly good cold the next day for lunch.

Thank you for all the great recipes. I am pretty lazy about cooking. So far, the easiest meal for me is cooking hamberger pieces and onions for taste.

Or bacon and fried eggs,

or for a egg snack, cook eggs in a microwave and mix mayonaise and bacon.

I wish that I had some more hamburger, mayonaise, chicken quick meals.

I've got some chicken breasts that I was going to cook on the George Foreman grill, but I think that I will cook them in the oven and cut them into strips for snacks.

Thank you again everyone for these recipes, and thank you again for all the kind support that everyone is giving each other.

Ray :)

I got this off the lowcarbfriends website & tried it this morning. I really liked it. It comes out more like a pancake:

2-3 Eggs
2-3 tbsp heavy cream
dash salt
2 dashes cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Blend/whisk all ingredients. Cook in buttered skillet on med/high for 2-3 mins. each side. Serve w/butter or l/c syrup. Sprinkle w/splenda.

The poster didn't list the carbs but I would count it at about 3-4 carbs for the whole recipe.

Keep em coming. I tried a couple already. I liked the mock danish but it was a little rich for me for first thing in the morning. I made the Helen's potato salad & it wasy just okay. I varied the recipe a bit so it may have been my fault that I didn't love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter