Low Carb Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have Kroger or Meijer here....but I'll be in SC in a few weeks and know where I can get to a Kroger! LOL

Never heard of Hansen's....I guess its not sold around here.

I made the meat crust pizza last night....very good. I think I put too much pepper (both red and black) in it because it was very spicy. That's what I get for measuring in my hand rather than in a measuring spoon... It's definitely going in my recipe book!

Thanks,
Lesley

I hang out at another bulletin board for low carbers (lowcarbfriends.com) and have gotten to know some wonderful (very successful low carbers) there. One of them - Beachgirl - has a true flare and skill at making perfect low carb cheesecakes. The following recipe is her "basic" cheesecake. I have made it MANY MANY times and it always turns out Gorgeous and YUMMY! I have taken to work potlucks and people just scarf it up... not even realizing this is a low carb (no sugar) recipe! Without further ado... here is the recipe:

Beachgirl's Basic Cheesecake

32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup splenda (may substitute 1 cup of Davinci Syrup which reduces carb count to 3 for each serving!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons sour cream

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and splenda at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. Add all other ingredients except eggs. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. Over-mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes. (The leading cause of cracking is over-cooking, so don¡¦t believe any one who tells you it is normal for a cheesecake to be cracked; it isn¡¦t.) Always treat the batter gently.

Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake.

Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour.

Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can also occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly.

It may be beneficial to run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, separating it from the sides of the pan. If your goal is to serve the cheesecake on a different dish without the bottom of the spring form pan, then the pan can be lined with parchment paper before the batter is poured in. Make sure to grease both sides of the paper. This will make for easy removal of the cheesecake later. It works best if the cheesecake has been refrigerated fully before trying to remove it from the bottom pan.

Per Serving (based on 12 servings per cheesecake): 308 Calories; 29g Fat; 8g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 165mg Cholesterol; 244mg Sodium.

Beachgirl goes on to provide this additional help in making the PERFECT low carb cheesecake.

"Okay, as I am a "self proclaimed cheesecake expert", having made numerous cheesecakes of various flavors and having mastered the art of the "restaurant quality cheesecake", otherwise known as the "crackless cheesecake", I offer these tips...

1. Treat the batter gently. Making sure all the ingredients are at room temp. helps them blend easier. Mix it as little as possible and at a medium speed. The less air you whip in, the less tendancy it will have to rise.

2. Bake your cheesecake in a water bath. This requires you to have a pan large enough to hold your springform pan and with sides high enough to cover half-way up the springform pan with water. A large roasting pan should do it. That's what I use.

3. Reduce the heat and lengthen the cooking time. I bake all my cheesecakes at 300 degrees for the first hour, then reduce the heat to 200 and bake for one more hour. The cheesecake will not rise, but instead bakes more like a custard and comes out very creamy and dense. Mmmmm...

4. Exercise patience. While the cheesecake is baking, DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR. And leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool, also with the door closed. It's okay if it stays in there overnight. A great cheesecake is like a work of art...it takes time.

5. To keep the top from browning, place a sheet of foil on your top oven rack, just beneath the heat element. This will shield your cheesecake from the direct heat and keep the top pale and pretty. Especially important if you're doing a marbled cheesecake, you want those swirls to show through!

6. Refridgerate the cheesecake at least 12 hours before unmolding from the springform pan so that it's good and set. Run a dull knife around the sides and then release the pan."

This is a classic - beautiful cheesecake - tastes HEAVENLY - and makes a wonderful dessert for special occassions - as well as a great BREAKFAST option! ENJOY!

Beachgirl's cheesecakes are FABULOUS!

We always make them with no crust, but for those who need/want a crust, here are a few ideas:

-----

Chocolate Almond Crust

2 1/2 cups ground almonds
2 tablespoons Splenda
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Place nuts in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground into a meal.
Add sugar substitute, butter and pulse to combine.
Transfer to a 9" springform pan. With your fingers, gently press nut mixture to form a crust on bottom of pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool.

-----

Almond Crust

2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup Splenda
4-6 Tblsp. melted butter.

I pour the almond meal, cocoa powder and splenda in a bowl and mix well with a fork. Then I add 4 Tblsp. of buttter and mix well... if it seems too dry I add another 1-2 Tblspn and mix. Then press it into the bottom of your pan and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Let it cool completely before adding in the cheesecake batter.

And here's another of Beachgirl's cheesecakes... this one is a favorite in our house:

Beachgirl’s Coconut Cheesecake
Ingredients:
-32 ounces cream cheese
-1 cup vanilla DaVinci syrup
-2-3 capfuls coconut extract
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
-3 tablespoons sour cream
-3 ozs. Unsweetned coconut

How to Prepare:
With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, extract and syrup at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. With a spatula, gently fold in the coconut until just mixed. Over-mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes. (The leading cause of cracking is over-cooking, so don’t believe any one who tells you it is normal for a cheesecake to be cracked; it isn’t.) Always treat the batter gently. Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can also occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly. It may be beneficial to run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, separating it from the sides of the pan. If your goal is to serve the cheesecake on a different dish without the bottom of the spring form pan, then the pan can be lined with parchment paper before the batter is poured in. Make sure to grease both sides of the paper. This will make for easy removal of the cheesecake later. It works best if the cheesecake has been refrigerated fully before trying to remove it from the bottom pan.

NOTES:
- I could only find imitation coconut extract, if you can get the real stuff - go for it. Also, adjust the amount of extract based on how intense you want the flavor.
- 3 ozs. of coconut is just under 1 cup
- I used 1/3 reduced fat Philly cream cheese for this because it had fewer carbs than the regular stuff.
-I figure just under 5 carbs a piece for this. I ran it through fitday yesterday as best I could.

-----

You want to make sure you use unsweetened coconut... I've found it in Kroger, and in bulk at the health food store. I never realized almost all of the shredded coconut is sweetened before.

The DaVinci syrup works great (and can be substituted cup-for-cup with Splenda in the basic recipe, as well), and cuts out 24g of carbs per cup from the Splenda. Plus, if you change flavors of DaVinci, you've basically got a whole new cheesecake! :)

with a ceasar salad and broc....

Exported from MasterCook *

HERB-CRUSTED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:35
Categories : 0-5G Low Carb Meat Pork Ham Bacon Chops
Znew2001

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
1 tbsp frest thyme
1 cl garlic -- minced
3/4 tsp salt -- divided
1/2 tsp pepper -- divided
4 pork loin rib chops
1/2 pkg mushrooms -- (12oz) slices
1 tbsp butter
1 cup chicken broth

From lemon grate 1 tsp zest and squeeze 2 Tbs. juice.

In zip-lock bag combine oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and lemon zest. Add pork, toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour,
turning occasionally.

Remove pork from bag. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes each side.

Remove to serving platter; keep warm.

In same skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Bring to boil, simmer 2-3 minutes until thickened.

Serve mushroom gravy over pork.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 396 Calories; 32g Fat (71.7% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 680mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.

Originally posted by nativetxn:

Glo sent me a recipe for chicken tenders that was so scrumptious and yummy, I was really surprised. My husband loved it so much he made me call his mother and give her the recipe.

I have no idea what the carbohydrate breakdown is but it's okay for induction, I know that.

Thank you glo, for sending me this recipe, I'm going to post it here in case anyone else is interested.

-----

Ingredients:

2 pounds Chicken Tenders

MARINADE:
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Prepared Ranch Dressing
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Onion Powder
2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper

BREADING:
1 can Parmesan Cheese, the powder kind
2-3 teaspoons each: Garlic Powder & Ground Black Pepper

Peanut oil for pan frying

How to Prepare:
Mix marinade ingredients and marinate at least 6 hours or overnight.

Combine the Parmesan breading and coat each chicken tender really well.

Add enough oil to pan fry the breaded chicken tenders. Med-High heat.

Cook the batches of tenders till they are a nice crunchy golden brown.

-----

As an aside, my mother, who is so very ill, loved this too. She said that she preferred this to chicken fried in a white flour batter.

I thought the cheese would fall off the chicken during frying, but it didn't. The chicken tenders are nice and crispy

Thanks again, Glo.

Here's an "oldie but a goodie"...

Peanut Butter Pudding

1 oz softened cream cheese
1 Tbls cream
1 Tbls Davinci sugar-free syrup (or to taste)
1 Tbls sugar free peanut butter

Mix and eat.

Vanilla Flax Muffins

2 eggs
4 packets Splenda
dash salt
2 tbl vanilla extract
1/4 cup oil
4 Tbs. melted butter
2 scoops vanilla whey powder
1/2 cup flax meal
2 tsp baking powder

Mix all ingredients and let rest for about 5 minutes, or until it doubles in size. Fill well-greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, until dry looking and a nice light-gold. Remove from pan and let cool. Makes 6 muffins.

Carb count, minus the protein powder is 2g net per muffin. If your protein powder is 3g for 2 scoops, add .5g per muffin. :)

I took unpeeled cucumber slices and topped them with alouette Savory Vegetable spreadable cheese. Very easy, has a nice crunch, sugar free and I think it's pretty tasty.

A serving of the cheese spread is 2 tablespoons and contains:
60 calories (50 calories from fat)
6 grams fat
1 gram protein
1 gram carbohydrates (no fiber)

A serving of cucumber slices= 1/2 cup
7 calories
0.1 gram fat (who knew cucumbers had fat?)
0.4 grams protein
1.7 grams total carbs
0.7 grams of fiber
1.0 grams net carbs

So if you eat one serving each of the cheese and cucumbers you would be consuming a total of 67 calories and 2 grams of impact carbohydrates.

Katholyn

This is another from one of the great cooks at lowcarbfriends...

-----

Best Burger Bun Yet! Super Easy Too!

They are moist and chewy like bread and they won't stick to your fingers!

You will actually use only 1 tbsp of the mix in your waffle iron, so that they come out in a circle shape instead of the square! I didn't count the number of buns I got, but it was a lot! Sorry about that.

The neat thing too.....the little squares hold in the mayo and mustard!!! No dripping! LOL

-----

Sherrie's Savory Burger Bun

*Preheat the waffle iron

1 8oz Pkg cream cheese
3 eggs
3 tsp Splenda
1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1/4 cup buttermilk

Beat cream cheese with mixer until blended smooth, add the remaining ingredients. Spray pan with a light coat of olive oil flavored non stick spray and pour in pan about 1 tbps of mix. It will make a perfect round bun! You can freezed them and reheat them in the toaster! My hubby says this is the best bread yet.

18 carbs per recipe.

-----

They really ARE good, though I have to use more than 1 Tbs. of mix for each. I've made them in the waffle iron, in a skillet like pancakes, and in muffin top pans... they're versatile and yummy!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful recipes!! I'm not a member of the WISH group, but I had gastric bypass in October and have been looking for some good low carb recipes. I love the fact that almost all of these recipes are sugar free or use Splenda also. I hope you don't mind me checking them out. I will be sure to post how they turn out whenever I try one. I also love that almost all of them are very easy to make and don't require crazy ingredients. I'm not much for fancy dishes, so the simpler the better. Thanks again and keep up the good work losers!! ( I mean that in the nicest sense of the word too):)

I'm glad you can get some use out of them!

If you've got any good recipes to share, feel free to post them as well! :)

PS - Looking for anything in particular? I have hundreds of low carb recipes floating around... ;)

Crab Cakes

12 oz can lump crab meat, drained
1 Tablespoon pesto sauce
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
1/2 Cup crushed pork rinds (measure after crushing)
1 Tablespoon mayo (optional)
Old Bay Spice (to taste)
dash of cayenne pepper

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan. Mix all the above ingredients thoroughly. Form into 4 patties and fry on medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel and serve. Can be eaten hot or cold.

-----

LAURIE'S CRAB CAKES (LOW CARB)

2 to 2-1/2 cups pork rind crumbs (made from 3 oz. bag)
3 to 4 tbsp. water
2 cups cooked or canned crab (approximately 1 lb.)
1/3 cup minced onion
1/3 cup minced celery
1/3 cup minced green pepper
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. mustard
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tbsp. minced parsley
1/4 tsp. pepper

Put pork rind crumbs in a large bowl, and mix with enough water to soften them. Flake the crab, remove any cartilage, and combine with the pork rind crumbs. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Shape into 8 to 10 patties (pack them pretty tightly so they don't fall apart). Heat 2 to 4 tbsp. vegetable oil in a skillet, and sauté on each side until golden brown. Alternately, you could broil them.

I omitted the salt from this recipe because the pork rinds I used (Bakenets) were already pretty salty. It originally called for 1 tsp. of salt. Makes 8 servings

-----

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh mushrooms
7 to 8 ounces crabmeat (canned or fresh picked) NOT IMITATION!
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground savory
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup no-sugar mayonnaise
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat (rinse if using canned), green onions, herbs, and pepper. Mix in mayonnaise and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until well combined. Refrigerate filling until ready for use.

Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Remove stems. Spoon out the gills and the base of the stem, making deep cups. Discard gills and stems. Fill the mushroom caps with rounded teaspoonfuls of filling, and place them in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan and paprika.

Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.

Serves 6. Approx 5 carbs per serving.

-----

Jamie’s Crabbie Spread

1 stick butter, room temperature
1 jar Kraft Old English Cheese Spread
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 can crab (approximately 7 ounces)
Minced garlic or garlic powder to taste

It's fabulous briefly broiled or baked at 400 until bubbly and browned, but what to put it on is a bit of a problem on lowcarb. I tried Wasa crackers, which came out rather soggy, and not very good. Portobello mushrooms might work better as a base. Or stuff it in some celery sticks, or use rounds of zucchini as a base.

-----

Crab Quiche

About 7 to 8 oz of fresh crabmeat.
3-4 oz of Swiss Cheese
4 eggs
1ts salt
1/3 cup grated onion
2 cups cream
Cayenne pepper to taste, and around 1 tb. fresh parsley

425 degree oven

Bake in a pan that has been placed on a cookie sheet, for 15 min, then turn down to 300 for about 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

-----

Crab Bisque
6 Servings

Ingredients:
2 cups water
2 cups clam juice, bottled
1 cup white wine
1 medium onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves Garlic, peeled, whole
1/2 Lb. lump crab meat
1/2 tsp. dill
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
Salt and white pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine the water, clam juice, wine, onion, celery, and garlic in a large soup pot. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Strain and return the liquid to the pot. Whisk in the cream and tomato paste. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 25 minutes.
Serve warm.

-----

Crab Mornay

Inspired by a recipe from Williamsburg, this scrumptious low carb dish is worth all the effort! This is an especially nice dish for a buffet or a dinner party. Prepare it ahead of time, then pop it in the oven just before your guests arrive. If you refrigerate this ahead of time, be sure to allow a few extra minutes for cooking.

4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 small onion, grated
4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 pound lump crabmeat
2 eggs
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 1½ quart casserole or 4 individual casseroles.

Sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and stir to heat, but do not brown. With a whisk, quickly stir in flour, then chicken broth, salt and 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook 3 - 5 additional minutes, stirring to keep the bottom of the sauce from browning or lumping. Remove from the heat.

Place the crabmeat in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly, then pat dry with a paper towel to remove the excess moisture.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with ½ cup of the heavy cream. Add all but 2 tablespoons sauce to the egg mixture and thoroughly combine. With a large spoon, gently mix in the crabmeat, preserving the lumps as much as possible. Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish.

To the 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce, add the parmesan cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoon of heavy cream. Spread gently over the top of the casserole.

Bake about 45 minutes, until hot and bubble, with the top nicely browned.

Serves 4.

1 serving:
33 g. fat; 10 g. total carb.; 29 g. protein; 1 g. fiber

Exchanges
½ starch/bread; 3 ½ lean meat; 6 fat; ½ vegetable

-----

EXOTIC CRAB MEAT SALAD

Ingredients: 1/4 cup chili sauce 2/3 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup lemon juice, divided 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat 1 cup chopped celery 1 cup chopped Brazil nuts lettuce avocado (optional)

Combine chili sauce, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt in a small bowl. Add crab meat, celery and nuts; mix lightly and refrigerate. At serving time, spoon salad on lettuce.

Optional: Garnish with avocado slices dipped in remaining lemon juice.

Makes 6 servings. 3 carbs per serving.

-----

Originally posted by nativetxn

<b>Crab and Bacon Bundles</b>
6 ounces of crab (they call for canned you could cook your crab instead)
1 scallion, finely minced
1/2 pound bacon
Duck Sauce

1. Flake the crab, removing any bits of shell or cartilege. Stire in the minced scallion and set aside

2. Cut all your bacon strips in half crosswise, to make two shorter strips. Place a rounded 1/2 teaspoon or so of the crab mixture on the end of a bacon strip, and roll the strip up around it, strethching the bacon slightly as you go. Pierce the bundle with a toothpick, to hold. Repeat until all the crab and bacon strips are used up.

3. Broil about 8 inches from heat, turning once or twice, until the bacon is crisp--no more than 10 minutes. Serve with Duck Sauce for dipping.

Makes 2 dozen servings, each with only a trace of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber and 4 grams of protein (doesn't include duck sauce)

<b>Duck Sauce</b>
1 pound frozen peach slices (no sugar added) or 2 1/2 to 3 cups sliced fresh peaches

1/2 cup water

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

2 tablespoons Splenda

1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1 clove garlic, crushed

1. Put all ingredients in a heavy bottomed saucepan, and bring them to a simmer. Cook uncovered, until the peaches are soft (about 30 minutes).

2. Puree the duck sauce in a blender, if you like, or mash them with a potato masher or fork.

Yields about 2 cups. One serving is 2 tablespoons. each with 3 grams total carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber for 2 grams <b>net</b> carbs.

Freeze it if you aren't going to use all of it.

All of these recipe's sound wonderful! I only wish I could get the ambition to try some of them. I seem to just stick to the basics. I eat the same as before (types of foods) but just leave out the carbs. For example -- one of my favorites for lunch is a chicken cheese steak (minus the bun).

I have a WONDERFUL bbq sauce recipe, from a great LC cook/chef/experimenter. He's always been great about sharing recipes, so I *think* he'd be alright with sharing this one here. Credit goes to BruceH for this one:

BRUCE'S BOURBONQUE SAUCE

Recipe By :Bruce
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
32 ounces tomato sauce
6 packets Splenda
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
3 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
1/2 cup bourbon -- optional

Bring ingredients to a slow simmer in a small sauce pan and reduce by about a third if you want to use it as a brush-on sauce.

Yield:
"1 quart"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Recipe (excluding unknown items): 690 Calories; 6g Fat (10.9% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 100g Carbohydrate; 22g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 5717mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 11 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Steam bbq ribs one hour. Throw on grill and baste for 30 minutes, turning every five minutes. Baste once more before serving.

NOTES : OK in moderation on induction.

----------

This is GREAT with or without the bourbon!

I finally tried the Mock Danish recipe - OMG is that good!!!

Can't wait to try the others... Hopefully I'll come up with a few to throw in myself!

DH is on the low-carb diet and loves a good but quick breakfast. I make these crustless quiches and he warms them up in the microwave as needed.

Crustless Quiches

Spray 24 muffin tins or 6 pot-pie tins with PAM. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Blend together until smooth:
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 C. milk
2 C. heavy cream (0 carb cream)
1T. dried, minced onion or 1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1C. shredded swiss cheese
14-16 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared pans. Place the quiches in the oven and immediately lower the heat to 350 degrees. Bake the muffin tins for 20-22 minutes or until a knife inserted in the quiche comes out clean and bake the pot pie tins for 25-28 minutes, checking also with the clean knife.

Remove from the oven and immediately loosen the edges with a knife. Shake each one slightly to insure that it does not stick at any point. Cool, remove from the pans, and store in the refrigerator until needed. The PAM allows them to come out quite easily.

The only carb is the milk, so the smaller ones are about 1/4g and the larger ones are about 1g each.

Claudia, these sound really good. I'm going to have to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter