"Love is Putting Someone Else’s Needs Before Yours" a May 2017/Beach Club PTR COMPLETE 5/21

Welcome back! I'm so so excited for this day because we're doing, "Brunch At The Top" at California Grille !!

raw-gif.224639

I'm so excited for this too! :hyper:

I'm not sure what DH will get, but I've read that you can order as many entrees as you want. Not that we would intentionally be wasteful, but if we want to try two different entrees we're doing it!

I want to try the pancakes and the chicken cutlets. Josh seemed interested in the steak and eggs when I asked him.

ut I love the idea of essentially getting another day of vacation!!

Yes! :thumbsup2

14 days until online check in and FP+ selection day! Got me all channeling my inner Sue Heck...

giphy (1).gif

Fortunately March 26th (aka: FP+ day) is a Sunday, so I can be at my laptop READY to get our selections

:offtopic: Anyway, in my real life I survived clinical internship four days in a row and worked one day; totally exhausting. I had a few patients that were kind of rude to me, but it is what it is... only 47 more days of class left. That's two case studies, one more oral presentation, an 8-10 page research paper and an e-portfolio... then it's freedom! DH survived his two night classes last week but he did take a sick day on Friday to help get him caught up on life.

And lastly... I woke up to this Friday morning.

image1.PNG

Ugh. Luckily we only got a 'dusting' of snow on Friday but more is in our near future. Here is what we're expecting on Tuesday morning:
Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 6.34.53 PM.png

Looks like winter isn't over for us. sad face. At least I can pray for a snow day from school and work ?

On that note, let's move into Disney planning!!

May 29th Plans

I last left off with us planning on returning to the Contemporary to see 'Happily Ever After' and then probably heading back to the Beach Club or even going to DS for some shopping if we're up to it.

Our plans for the 29th are to get up somewhat early and head to DHS before it gets too hot or busy. AK has EMH hours plus the opening of Pandora two days prior I'm hoping that there will be low crowds at DHS.

FP+ wish list is:
- TSM
- Star Tours
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid

DHS is more of a half day for us, so around lunch time we'll head back to the Beach Club for food and relaxation

Our evening plans are to walk over to Epcot and enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival, the outdoor kitchens and catch Illuminations. I'm hoping that we can add a FP+ for Illuminations, although to be honest I'm not sure what the benefit of this is? Can someone enlighten me?

You might have noticed that I didn't mention any ADR for this day... thats right, we're going ADR-less! I wanted one day that we could just see where we end up.

Up next.. May 30th plans!

Last edited:
Oh no you're getting even more snow than us! I'm not happy because I thought the snow was done too! We're getting 3-6".

Oh no you're getting even more snow than us! I'm not happy because I thought the snow was done too! We're getting 3-6".

Ugh 3-6 inches is such a bummer! I'm with ya girl, so ready for the snow to be DONE! Right now we don't have any snow on the ground thanks to some random 70 degree February days

Great plans and love the ADR-LESS day also. Sometimes it's just nice to not have to worry about being somewhere for a meal!

I'm also with you on the snow planning. Here in the part of Maryland where I live, we are bracing for STELLA! as well. The rain/snow line is still unknown, so it looks like we could get from 3" to 18" of snow when all is said and done, starting sometime tonight.

Yes hard to believe I was not even wearing a jacket last week here. Perhaps I should have planning my girls only trip to WDW for THIS weekend instead. Believe me, it's tempting to try to book another flight down to Florida right now! ;)

Ugh 3-6 inches is such a bummer! I'm with ya girl, so ready for the snow to be DONE! Right now we don't have any snow on the ground thanks to some random 70 degree February days

They upped it to 12-18" now :confused3 same here the snow was all melted.

Kate Spade, so maybe DH will want to buy me a purse?! #unlikely
Ha ha I love it! It's worth a shot, right?

Actually... I really want to try a Lapu Lapu, so if we're early enough maybe we'll stop at the Poly and then ride the monorail over to the Contemporary!
This sounds like a GREAT idea, I love me a Lapu Lapu!

Here's where it gets really great... we could change our flights to be earlier!! Southwest has a flight 6:10am and lands at 9:15am.
Yes :cheer2: Did DH agree? We took a 6:30am flight down in Nov. that got in at 9:15, except it got Chris and I in at 8:45!!! It was so awesome being there early. And we actually weren't tired until around 8 that night when Chris was done lol. Steve and I are taking that same flight down next Sat., so cool to be down there before 10am!

You might have noticed that I didn't mention any ADR for this day... thats right, we're going ADR-less! I wanted one day that we could just see where we end up.
I think you'll like the freedom :) Plus since you plan on some F&G booths that day you may not want a TS meal, and if you do there's always some available. Certain restaurants in Epcot never fill up and are really good.

They upped it to 12-18" now :confused3 same here the snow was all melted.
So did you end up getting that much? We were at 15" around 11 and it's still coming down like crazy!

So did you end up getting that much? We were at 15" around 11 and it's still coming down like crazy!

They upped it to 20-28" after! It's still snowing...it started around 5 am but we won't know how much in total till tonight. I'd say we have at least 8+ inches at this point.

OVE that you are already planning for 2019. I guess we may need to start our 2018 planning as I think my SIL would like to return in 2018 with my nephews again and I'd love to be there with them. That means we might have to just renew our APs in December of this year! ;)

Yes, you def need to start planning for 2018 #enabler :D How old would your nephews be in 2018?

Great plans and love the ADR-LESS day also. Sometimes it's just nice to not have to worry about being somewhere for a meal!

I'm also with you on the snow planning. Here in the part of Maryland where I live, we are bracing for STELLA! as well. The rain/snow line is still unknown, so it looks like we could get from 3" to 18" of snow when all is said and done, starting sometime tonight.

Yes hard to believe I was not even wearing a jacket last week here. Perhaps I should have planning my girls only trip to WDW for THIS weekend instead. Believe me, it's tempting to try to book another flight down to Florida right now! ;)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to going ADR-less for one night, who knows where we will end up... may Cape May Cafe? Actually, I wonder if they have lunch... or somewhere at DS....

How much did you get so far? 3-18 inches is QUITE the range!

I bet if you planned your girls trip during the storm you'd have a

How close are you to booking the May FPs?

12 days!! So close!!

I love me a Lapu Lapu!

You are my inspiration for this plan!!
Yes :cheer2: Did DH agree? We took a 6:30am flight down in Nov. that got in at 9:15, except it got Chris and I in at 8:45!!!

I haven't approached it yet we've barely seen in each other the last few days! We are both home today due to snow but he's been in our office doing school work and I've been at the dining room table writing paper... life the of grad students lol.

Steve and I are taking that same flight down next Sat., so cool to be down there before 10am!

YES! I LOVE taking an early morning flight! Do you sleep on the plane? Usually I can get a 90 min nap in if we leave early morning

As of now (5:15pm) we're at 11 inches... not too bad, but its coming down FAST, it didn't start snowing until around 8/9am... 15" is a lot though!!

They upped it to 20-28" after! It's still snowing...it started around 5 am but we won't know how much in total till tonight. I'd say we have at least 8+ inches at this point.

AHH... 20-28"?! We have 11 inches as of 5:15pm and its mostly just windy now... I'm hoping we don't loose power!

Yes, you def need to start planning for 2018 #enabler :D How old would your nephews be in 2018?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to going ADR-less for one night, who knows where we will end up... may Cape May Cafe? Actually, I wonder if they have lunch... or somewhere at DS....

How much did you get so far? 3-18 inches is QUITE the range!

I bet if you planned your girls trip during the storm you'd have a

12 days!! So close!!

My nephews will be 6 and 4 in 2018 so another fun age. When we went in November for their first trip, they were 2 and 4 and still they did GREAT but the 2 year old wasn't quite bit enough for everything yet...but he was VERY close! He did ride 7DMT with his hands UP and LOVED it though!

We got maybe 3 inches of snow...and a lot of rain/sleet which is what kept it so low really. Plenty of precipitation, just had the warm air with it so it was a wet and heavy snow so DH couldn't even use his new-to-him snowblower on it...he and the kids had to shovel.

YAY for 12 more days! I'm not too far behind that...can't wait!

I've been stalking your PTR for a while now, but every time that I went to comment, something would distract me. So get ready for a whole bunch of quotes and comments.

And through all of these trips... we kept saying, 'it just isn't Disney'. Especially DH and I. I'm so happy to have found someone that shares my love of Disney, I'm such a lucky girl!
It is so great to have found someone that shares your love of Disney. :love:My DH isn't quite there yet, but he is coming around. It didn't even take that much convincing to get him to agree to our May trip, after we were just there in October.

Also, we're both graduating mid May with our Masters Degrees - DH is getting his MBA and I'm getting my MSN/Family Nurse Practitioner. AND we'll be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary a little early (which is June 11th).
Yay! So much to celebrate!! party:

Last September DH and I had a week long trip planned for the week of labor day. We were going to be staying six nights at POR ... I had this trip PLANNED. With all CAPS. And then, 32 days out, DH's work informed him he needed to give a 'company talk' the week he was supposed to be off. You might be thinking... ok why didn't he just say HELL TO THE NO! YOU HAD A DISNEY TRIP PLANNED! Welll.. we've been working REALLY hard to pay off our mortgage (our only debt) before we have babies. And his work dangled a HUGE raise in front of him if the talk went well. At 32 days out... we had to cancel our trip. Plus, I want babies ASAP.
I remember when you had to cancel your last trip; it was so sad! :sad1: But if it means that you can have babies sooner, then that's a pretty good reason. :thumbsup2

Our next challenge was convincing my in laws to take our fur baby while we're away. Fur baby is SPOILED. So SPOILED. He's never been to a kennel in his life. He eats salmon, rice and peas twice a day. The dog has it MADE :genie: . DH called his mom and asked her to take fur baby... she went on some rants about how she isn't sure she could take the time off from work (yes... she takes vacation time form her job to watch our dog. SPOILED). Fortunately she came through (she always does... its just always a process...) and we were able to finally book the trip!
Our fur babies are spoiled too. My mom and dad both took time off to watch them when we went to WDW in October. I didn't think it was necessary, but my mom insisted that they would be confused being alone so much, since they are used to me being home with them. (I work from home about 80% of the time.)

The fur babies did stay on their own during the day for two days, when we went away for a long weekend in January. However, my mom called me today to confirm the dates for our May WDW trip, so that she could request them off, so I guess they are back to being spoiled. The funny part is that she doesn't even think about taking time off when she is puppy-sitting my sister's dogs. I guess our fur babies are the favorites. :rotfl:

So I IMMEDIATELY emailed our TA and made the switch. She asked me to call her in the morning to discuss… I was a little nervous but what else could I do? I’m a total millennial and hate talking on the phone… I wish I could just live my life via text or email. :)
I agree!! I hate when I have to call and talk to someone on the phone! I have a co-worker that calls me every time that I send him an email. If I had wanted to talk to him, I'd have called him. Why can't he just respond to the email, like a normal person?!? >:(

and it just like that it was DONE! BEACH CLUB HERE WE CCOOOOMMMMEEE!
Yay for staying at the Beach Club!! We went to lunch at Beaches and Cream on our last trip and the resort was so pretty!! It's on our someday list. I can't wait to hear about your trip! :yay:

This includes packing up fur baby too… his food, toys, multivitamin, blankets, etc.
Sometimes I think that it takes me longer to get the fur babies packed and ready than it does to pack for myself. And I still forget stuff! Thankfully my parents live close, so they can just come and get the stuff that I've forgotten.

You're right, I think all three of us will be in for a rude awakening when a baby makes its appearance! haha!!
I am worried about this with our 2 yr old fur baby. She really likes to play with our niece, who is 3, but she still gets jealous and wants to be the center of attention. I don't know how she will manage when we decide to have a baby, that's here 24/7. o_O

I upgrades our tickets from 4 day base tickets to 5 day park hoppers.
I love having park hoppers. Especially when it's just me and DH. It gives us a lot of freedom to change our minds.

So... I emailed our trusty TA and she made the change. I don’t usually book our trips with TAs but because we got such a good deal I couldn’t pass it up! Does anyone else feel ‘bad’ emailing their TAs with changes? I always end my emails with “thank you SOOO SOOO SOOO much” haha!
I booked with a TA for our last trip and I wasn't really thrilled. We got a good deal and I thought that I would like that I didn't have to call Disney anytime I wanted to change/add anything, but then when we had an issue with our room requests, I actually found it annoying that I had to wait for her to call them, instead of calling myself. I can be a bit of a control freak too. :laughing: This time, we weren't able to get a deal through the TA and so I booked through Disney online and all of the CMs have been so nice. I almost don't hate having to call them on the phone. :upsidedow

Our flight is scheduled to land at 6:45pm and we’ll be using Disney’s Magical Express to get from MCO to the Beach Club. I’m a teensy bit of a control freak... so we’ll be picking up our own luggage and bringing it with us on ME.
I am debating whether I should pick up our luggage and bring it with us. I've never had an issue with it being delivered, except that last time, I accidentally packed DH's belts in the checked luggage and then he had to walk around DS hoping that his pants wouldn't fall down. :scared: I think I'll let him decide what he thinks that we should do.

I LOVE airports and this might just put might enhance my excitement for our upcoming trip!
I love airports too! I actually get excited any time we go somewhere with a large parking garage, because it reminds me of the airport. I'm easily amused. :rotfl:

and... AFTER our vacation, I'm having surgery.

I've been having right hip/groin pain for the past 8-9 years and last year I FINALLY saw an orthopedist that did an MRA and turns out I have a labral tear. This is not an emergency situation, or anything but there is only one way to fix the problem.. to stitch the tear up. I did get a cortisone injection last year and the relief I had was AMAZING. But, it only lasted 10 months. So I went back to the doctor a few weeks ago on a Friday morning hoping for another injection and to be on my merry way for another 10 months. Well... the ortho said I could have one more injection, but any more than that will basically guarantee my a hip replacement by age 40 (so... in 11 years). Yikes. So we discussed three options: one more injection and see how long it lasts, live with the pain, or labral tear surgery. I decided against another injection bc as much pain as I'm in every day, I'm, not about to put myself at higher risk for a hip replacement at age 40!! Living with the pain doesn't seem very fun either, so I decided on the surgery. I can't run anymore, certain positions are very uncomfortable and overall I can't do the things I want to do. I was told I would be out of work for 2-3 weeks and then have lots of therapy and can expect to be 'back' to myself in 6 months.

This will be a day procedure and I can go home that night. The lovely receptionist called me that afternoon to set everything up and offered me a March 1st surgery date! Heck no I have to finish school and I didn't want to risk having any complications before our trip. She offered me May 31st, but thats the day we get back from Disney so that was out. Finally we decided on 6/12... just one day after our sixth wedding anniversary.
Oh no, surgery!! :eek: I hope that it helps you to feel better and you won't need that hip replacement!! :thumbsup2

Drinks I want to try: Pineapple Dole Whip Cup with Dark or Coconut Rum (Tamu Tamu Refreshments)
Mmmm! This was our favorite from our last trip. I can't wait to go back for more!!

I STILL haven't unpacked from January trip to WDW and my suitcase has just been chilling in our den/office...I pick out clothes from there every so often, when I need them. I mean, I took the dirty clothes out and washed them. But the backpacks, ponchos, travel size toiletries, bathing suits, flip flops, suncreen, etc. are all in there. DH has kindly asked me, about, say, 230293 times to please do something with the luggage and all of the clothing that is hanging out of it
chat.gif
I, however, have other plans. Whats the point in unpacking just to re pack in just a few short months? HAH!
That's not that bad. I still haven't unpacked from October. The one suitcase that I did "unpack", I just threw everything in the bed, so that I could use the suitcase. Between the other suitcases and the stuff all over the bed, it has basically taken over our guest room. We actually have two guest rooms though and very few guests, so it's not really a big deal. I keep telling myself that I'm going to start packing for May, but it hasn't actually happened yet. :confused3

And... I let DH know about our PPO BOG ADR on the 26th. It went something like this:

Me: Guess what! I got us a 'Be Our Guest' breakfast reservation before the park even opens on our first full day in Disney"

DH: is that a character thing? I'm not doing a meal with characters until we have kids!!

Me: omg stop no it's not! It's a good use of a QS credit and hopefully we'll be done breakfast before the park "opens" so we can ride some rides without long wait times. My mom and I did it in January and it was great, we got to walk on 7DMT

DH: you know I don't like roller coasters

Me: ok, your getting a 'grumpy' t shirt. :goodvibes

So there you have it folks, DH will not be dining with characters or riding roller coasters. Notice how he didn't say anything about character meet and greets though
BOG breakfast is on my to-do list after reading your TR, but I just can't find a place for it in the schedule for this trip. I guess I'll just have to start planning our next trip. :laughing:
It's ironic that your DH won't do character breakfasts, my DH refuses to do PPO breakfasts until we have kids waking us up early anyways. :confused3

We reserved a standard view room, and really the only thing that is a ‘must’ for us is a king size bed.
Hi! Joining in! Our dates overlap (May 28th-June 4th). My husband and I stayed at Beach Club on our honeymoon in July this last summer. I saw you ask about requesting a King Bed. We had requested a King Bed and when we showed up they said our request couldn't be found. I guess because I requested different things on the Online Check-in (since King Bed isn't an option) it deleted my original requests. So just a heads up to not request anything on Online Check-in in order to keep your verbal requests.
I am so glad that I read this!! ::yes:: We are staying at POP this time, but I too really wanted a king bed. I had called and asked that they put a note on our reservation that we were requesting a king bed. Then I did online check-in and that wasn't one of the options, so I made other requests for a higher floor and a certain section. After I read this, I called Disney again to confirm my requests and he couldn't find any record of me calling and requesting a king bed. :eek: He then re-entered all of my requests in the order of importance to me and then sent me an email with the reservation confirmation, which shows my requests. :D

I would recommend having your TA call and confirm your requests after you complete the online check-in, just to make sure they don't disappear. Also ask if she can have them send the confirmation email, so that you can see it. (As a control freak, it makes me feel so much better, seeing it for myself.)

So the group will consist of my Dad (63) Mom (55) Me (31) DH (33) Nephew 1 (17) Nephew 2 (15) and... most likely a baby either physically here or in my belly. But... me and DH's attendance will largely be based on if we have an infant < 12 weeks ago or if I'm pregnant can get the okay to travel from my doctor. A lot is riding on this trip!
Yay for already planning a 2019 trip and for hopefully an Ashlee Jr!! :yay:

And of course DH and I will be taking a 2018 trip at some point... don't think I'd like him get away without an annual trip anymore!
I think my DH is just starting to realize that Disney is going to be an annual trip for us too. I'm trying to talk him into a DVC membership. Especially since you can use the points for DL, Aulani, and cruises too. I don't think he'll go for WDW every year, but there's plenty of ways for me to get my Disney fix. :hyper:

Whichever we chose, we'll head back to the hotel to freshen up at some point and then I want us to return to the Contemporary for the 9pm 'Happily Ever After'. We might end up grabbing a drink at the California Grille Lounge before the show. Actually... I really want to try a Lapu Lapu, so if we're early enough maybe we'll stop at the Poly and then ride the monorail over to the Contemporary!
Mmmm, I vote for the Lapu Lapu too! :thumbsup2

That means that on Wednesday 5/24 I'll be home with fur baby packing, cleaning the house, obsessively checking the weather, etc. Then I can meet my mother in law to drop off fur baby that night (we meet half way between our houses... 2 1/2 hours of driving for each of us) after she gets out of work, so probably around 7/30pm. This would put me back at my house between 9/9:45pm.

Here's where it gets really great... we could change our flights to be earlier!! Southwest has a flight 6:10am and lands at 9:15am. Yes, please! Plus its $28 cheaper than what we have booked now (3:35pm-6:45pm). I need to run this by DH to be sure he is willing to wake up at the super super early on the 25th.. and understands that our room may not be ready by the time we get there... but I love the idea of essentially getting another day of vacation!!
More Disney time = Awesome idea!! :cheer2:

All of your day plans look great!! :thumbsup2 I just didn't want to quote all of them and make this post even longer than it already is. :laughing:

I can't wait to read more about your plans, now that I am all caught up! :cool1:

Hope everyone in the northeast has shoveled themselves out from under a few feet of snow! We got about 12 inches here, so not terrible, especially because we didn't have any on the ground due to some nice 70 degree February days! DH and I were home yesterday thanks to our work and school got cancelled. I'm home today (2/15) as my clinical preceptor is on vacation and said to take a study day... I'll take it! I could have gone to work... but, do I want to? No. I'm working on an 8-10 page research paper on PCOS ... but I need a break, so a PTR update is necessary!

May 30th Plans

Our last full day, boo!! I'm hoping to spend the entire day at Epcot enjoying the Flower & Garden festival food booths, riding Soarin' and FEA, and generally enjoying traveling the world :lovestruc And of course, finishing up whatever else we didn't get to, and overall just enjoying our last day at the pool, napping, etc.

Right now we have an ADR for Chefs de France at 7:10pm, but looking over all the food I want to try at F&G idk if I'll be hungry enough! I guess in reality I'll probably split stuff with DH and we'll be in Epcot the day before, too, so we'll see!

I've made a list of foods I want to try fat the F&G Festival, and although I likely won't get to all of them I feel like I needed a 'list' to help me remember what the heck I want to eat

The Butterflies on the Go garden (ok... I don't want to eat the butterflies, but I do want to see them!)

Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market - warm cheese streudel with mixed berries

Fleur de Lys - Kir Pomegranate, Sparking Wine, Pama Pomegranate Liqueur

Florida Fresh- Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn , Tomatoes and Cilantro-
Ever since I visited Charleston I've been obsessed with grits. I had THE best grits at Dixie Supply... seriously, if you're ever in town, GO THERE. EARLY.

Hanami- Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger

Jardin De Fiestas (Mexico Pavillion) - Watermelon White Sangria

Northern Bloom- seared scallops with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigarette and apple wood smoked bacon; beef tenderloin tips, muschroom bordelaise sauce, whipped potatoes with garden vegetables; maple popcorn shake

Pineapple Promenade- spicy hot dog with pineapple chutney and plantain chips; Pineapple Soft-Serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum

Primavera Kitchen- Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana and Fresh Basil

THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbeque and Brews- smoked pork ribs with black beans and corn salad

Showcase Coffee Cart hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company- The famous roasted coffee from Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company—chilled, then topped with Kahlúa, Grey Goose Vodka and rich, creamy half and half

Last edited:
More Disney time = Awesome idea!! :cheer2:

All of your day plans look great!! :thumbsup2 I just didn't want to quote all of them and make this post even longer than it already is. :laughing:

I can't wait to read more about your plans, now that I am all caught up!

Yay, welcome back!!!!

excited.gif

I'm so excited to have another Ashlee here!

I loved ALL of your quotes, made my day <3

But even more than that... I had no idea you were going back in May!! When?! And you're staying at Pop? How exciting!!

Are you on insta? I'm ahg611 if you are!

Happy planning my friend, heading over to your PTR now!

Hi friends- I have some misc real life updates and a summary of fastpasses as I get to book these in 6 days! Woot woot!

images

First, I want to tell you about how awesome our dentist is!

I had a filling today and right when my dentist saw me she said "omg you're staying at the Beach Club so soon!" I was just at the dentist in January for a cleaning but I don't remember telling her about our upcoming trip bc she just pops in at the end after the hygienist does her thing.

So I said, "oh yeah! Did Jon tell you?!" And she said yes! DH was there for his cleaning two weeks ago and I guess they talked about our upcoming trip! I knew DH was exited to stay at BC!! Ah!! I love him even more now!! :love::love:

Anyway our dentist and I spent a good 15min talking Disney. She loves it as much we do! I wonder if she's on the disboards? How awkward would it be if she is on here and reads this! Haha!! She has two little kids and likes to stay at the Contemporary and we don't about how her kids loved HM! Swoon!! I think I'm going to send her a post card from disney! Do you think that's weird?

Moving on... :rotfl:

This past weekend I actually moved my semi still packed suitcase (from my January trip) into our spare room and out of our office.... I mean, at this point it's mostly stuff I'm going to pack anyway (sunscreen, ponchos, Vera back pack... and some other clothes that I'm not wearing right now).

Yesterday (Sunday) I got to have a "cousin day" with one of my best friends, my cousin Sara. She equally loves Disney World, and we've been there together once when we were in Orlando or a wedding - so much fun!

We did a "plant night" yesterday and actually our plants came out really cute! The host was kind of weird but it was a fun thing to do on a chilly winter day.
Before we did plant night, we tried to get brunch but totally didn't realize the town we were in had a St Patrick's day road race and there was a 2hr wait at our first choose bar :( So ended up getting mojitos and eggs Benedict at other place we'd eaten at before! Yum! Both of us had a skipped breakfast, but this was a BAD idea! Since we had a 40 min wait at the restaurant, we decided to find a spot at the bar but drinking after nothing to eat at 1pm was NOT a good idea! Luckily we paced ourselves and milked our mojitos for over an hour! haha!

This is my plant:

17410280_10155149794636340_441226605_n.jpg

In other news... we paid for our trip today! Yay one less thing to do! I've been feeding my shopping addiction, using this upcoming trip as an excuse. Here's what I've bought so far:

fullsizeoutput_b47.jpeg

These shirts seem to be VERY in style lately! It's way to cold to wear it now, but I'm looking forward to pairing it with a pair of white skinny jeans and white shorts. Speaking of white skinny jeans...$12.99 at Marshalls

I ordered these tonight...

$49 from American Eagle Outfitters (random thought is 29 too old to be buying clothes from here?! lol)

IMG_1908.JPG

This is a cute tank I scored for $6.99, also at Marshalls. I've been wearing it to work out recently and its a little big. I don't LOVE it but it's fine.

I also have a really cute VS bathing suit I bought in the fall that I never got to wear... but that was 5lbs ago, so I'm trying not to eat so much and hopefully I can shed the few pounds and feel more confident in this suit!

And... I also ordered these things from Abercrombie & Fitch, they should be arriving tomorrow. (ok, now I KNOW 29 is too old for A&F but it was 40% and I had a $20 off $50 purchase... so I HAD to. And nothing here screams moose, does it?!

tcgCY76kgTkxQVXmokgkHWgsq3hkjrBp19Q429H7Sei4xPfC3dDHeSahzp_qVCx-MPfms_VPmJid8nm3G3a9ebHRGb7Wp8CJuz5vZRjWQBPAs1QwaS1DZOwaKJcBF4dZpDd6_zNpFHjnKKDUPg_Thv9qTpc=s0-d-e1-ft
RL25YOe574KNJhZ2R1hX12S7tYoh-bv0Z3UsKtlZNHmItZGw4MD1GulbfwdxepJtAjqkUbiiP3mLp_zBfSBgJq3GtFxvkU8kpWDV29sQNmsLw5j9inGemm8bdFXBK4MZCGy1Qy6sjGWKRxZzc3G-0xUBYS8=s0-d-e1-ft
JpTIplrMyFeMmJgJIjQx98tySTPJOZVgUQXvkWnDL_TTPfLqtraGA4m4CesMyaVZI1JyWd71_WHsvw1N319evb13Mdihg3mP1_kpQLPdKuKox8oK9AagaUwpSkM0Q66G0-N9zNNyp30s1K3Mm643eayuvWQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Lastly... here's a summary of the FP and time I want to try to get on Sunday (3/26)

May 26th- 7:30pm-8:30pm Kali River Rapids, 9pm ROL, maybe Safari if they have it at night?

May 27th- POTC, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion

May 28th- Soarin, Spaceship Earth, LWTL

May 29th- Illuminations, Finding Nemo, ?

May 30th- Safari, Kali River Rapids (again)

Up next..Final changes before FP day

Last edited:

Swoon!! I think I'm going to send her a post card from disney! Do you think that's weird?

No! It's not weird.

In other news... we paid for our trip today! Yay one less thing to do! I've been feeding my shopping addiction, using this upcoming trip as an excuse.

:cheer2:

$49 from American Eagle Outfitters (random thought is 29 too old to be buying clothes from here?! lol)

I still buy clothes from there. They can be expensive so I don't as much as I used to, but I think they're a good quality.

I was never too big a fan of A&F, but those don't scream A&F to me. Although my younger sister loves Hollister and I feel waaay too old to be in there whenever she goes in :rotfl:

So many new announcements, I decided to revamp our plans at DHS and AK... especially because FP day is 2 days away!!

AK- May 26th

7am-1am

6:30pm Boma, then head to AK

ROL @ 9pm, FP+

Avatar Flight of Passage- I think I read this is similar to a Soarin' situation, is that correct?

Na'vi River Journey

Kali River Rapids - FP+

Kilimanjaro Safari FP+

Rafiki's Planet Watch/Affection station (one of my favs!)

Jungle Trek/

Harambe Wildlife Parti

Flights of Wonder (hopefully its open at night.. if not, we'll need to return to see this. I LOVE this show!

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

FOTLK

Finding Nemo: The Musical

DHS - May 29th
9am-9:30pm

Adding 'Music of Pixar Live!' to our plans... yay! I believe the news for this show was announced just a few days ago. As far as I know, a time schedule has not been released, but the article I read said "three nightly showings" after the Beauty & Beast performances during the day... so now our plan will be to go to DHS at night, and Epcot in the afternoon. This show seems really fun, I love all of the Pixar characters

2pm Beauty & The Beast
3pm Voyage of the Little Mermaid

TSM FP+ around 3:30pm-4pm if possible

Star Tours FP+ between 4:30-5pm is possible

One Man's Dream

Muppet Vision 3D

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

RNRC and TT are not on our list are DH doesn't like roller coasters and I don't like elevators :o

Also, I'm a big baby and for some reason The Great Movie Ride freaks me out, haha!:ssst:

We still don't have any ADRs for this day which I'm excited about- none of the restaurants at DHS are a 'must do' for us, so I'm leaning towards Chefs de France for lunch before heading to DHS, or even Cape May at some point. I don't think we're going to stay for Fantasmic, so maybe when we're done at DHS.

Up next.. Fast Pass Day Is HERE!!!!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...ptr-updated-3-24.3577744/page-4#post-57335409

Last edited:
FP Day Is Here!

giphy.gif

(when will TV become good again? I miss the days of Boy Meets World, Saved by the Bell, Step by Step, Full House.... sigh).

Today is official FP day, so naturally I was awake at 6:30am and ready to make my selections by 7am with a nice, hot cup o' Joe in my hand. I was able to get everything I wanted, and am really happy with everything, although I think I need to change some of my ADR plans... here is what I ended up with!

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.30.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.30.23 AM.png

As for our Magic Bands...

I saw something on the 'on line check in' website that you can decline new Magic Bands and bring activated bands with you... well I have the bands they sent us for our cancelled September '16 trip (are you sick of hearing about this yet?! lol) so I'm wondering if we should just use those... but I don't know if these are activated... anyone have any advice on how to find these out?

Side note: my Magic Band from my January '17 trip had been living in my car for the past two months, bt I brought it inside last weekend and now its been on a shelf in my bathroom for two weeks... I think I got distracted and put it down there.. lol. Adulting is hard. I just can't bring myself to throw it away... but what the heck am I supposed to do with it (besides take it out of my bathroom...)

I miss those shows too!

And you're FP plans look good.

You should be able to see active bands in MDE. They will be grayed out if they're inactive.

As for our Magic Bands...

I saw something on the 'on line check in' website that you can decline new Magic Bands and bring activated bands with you... well I have the bands they sent us for our cancelled September '16 trip (are you sick of hearing about this yet?! lol) so I'm wondering if we should just use those... but I don't know if these are activated... anyone have any advice on how to find these out?

Side note: my Magic Band from my January '17 trip had been living in my car for the past two months, bt I brought it inside last weekend and now its been on a shelf in my bathroom for two weeks... I think I got distracted and put it down there.. lol. Adulting is hard. I just can't bring myself to throw it away... but what the heck am I supposed to do with it (besides take it out of my bathroom...)

Ok wow...glad you got all of your choices. I'm seriously considering moving our trip up a day...but then I'd get to make our FP selections today as well...but I don't have a room yet for that first day...so do I book something anyway? UGH!

Anyway you can use MagicBands from ANY previous trip for future trips...we have LOTS of them! You should be able to login to your MDE account and see ALL of your prior MagicBands and you can activate or deactivate any of them. A CM once told me it's not good to have TOO many activated at once...I don't know how true that is since we probably all have at LEAST 6 or 7 each and I think they are all active and we switch them out during our trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter