"Love is Putting Someone Else’s Needs Before Yours" a May 2017/Beach Club PTR COMPLETE 5/21

In the mean time, I’ve been living vicariously through @HappiestHaunt , it looks like she is having a GREAT time!

:laughing: I think we had our best trip yet!

DH has had to become gluten free in the last week, so the dining dilemmas continue… but I’m hoping to leave well enough alone now!

That won't really be a problem there's always a lot Josh can eat...except there won't be a ton at F&G he can eat.

Hi Guys!
giphy.gif

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m going to get to do the Boston TR I wanted to do. BOO.

BUT, goods news is that our countdown is in the SINGLE DIGITS! 9 days!! Doesn’t it feel like just yesterday I was writing about the double digit disco. EEEEK.
giphy.gif

I’ve been stalking the Weather Channel website to get a sense of the forecast, and right now they’re forecasting some VERY nice weather indeed!
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 6.12.05 AM.png

As you know, I’ve been toying with some dining dilemmas, and then on top of it, DH has had to go gluten free. Seriously, I only travel to Disney with people with food allergies. lol! I’ve been being a good wife and staying GF with him.

After looking into some food allergy menus I decided to cancel our Brunch at the Top. This is something I really to do, and probably would have kept it if it wasn’t a signature experience. I just can’t bring myself to use two TS credits per person on eggs and vegetables :p

I wasn’t feeling sad about no brunch for too long, as I was able to get this ADR for Sunday at 12:30pm

Homecoming_16-28Outside-Sign-700x465.jpg

(Thanks DisneyFoodBlog.com for the photo!)

YES! I’ve read some AMAZING reviews of Chef Art’s Homecoming AND they have a great GF menu. WIN WIN! I’m now committed to leaving my plans as they are and just seeing how things play out.

We haven’t started packing yet, but I’m hoping to get most of it done this weekend. I do, however, have a pile o’ stuff I want to pack just hanging out in our spare room. Ok- it's mostly magazines I want to read, magic bands and sunscreen :rolleyes1

Real Life Update

Graduation is Thursday at 6pm for DH and I!

We’re hosting a get together for our siblings and parents Thursday afternoon. Altogether there will be 16 of us. I’m really excited to see everyone and am feeling VERY blessed that everyone is making the trek from New Hampshire to spend time with us. I plan on spending Wednesday night cleaning our house and then Thursday morning being at the grocery store right when they open at 7am to get all of the food. Wish me luck, I’ll need it! :flower1:

I’ve officially applied to take my state test for nurse practitioner and I’m just waiting for my application to be approved so I can get a test date, I keep checking the website every single day!! I’m hoping to take the test by the end of June.

My supervisor emailed me about an NP job opening at another office with the company I work for, and I have an interview this evening! I’m pretty excited to even get an interview. Even tho it’s not my ‘dream job’, it’s a potential job! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Lastly, an update on my hip surgery

DH’s work wanted to him to go to a conference in the Adirondacks on June 13th. My surgery date was scheduled for June 12th.

giphy.gif

Even though my mom was going to stay with us for a week to help us, she doesn’t drive when she is visiting us and it didn’t really seem feasible to have the surgery without DH being home. DH talked to his work and they basically said he didn’t HAVE to go, but it would look bad if he didn’t go. GRREAT.

I talked to the surgeon’s office and was able to get my surgery rescheduled for Friday July 14th. This works out a little better for us because then DH will have Sat/Sun to stay with me and then we can take off Monday if he needs to, but hopefully I’ll be feeling well enough for him to go to work and just come home on his lunch break to help me out.

And... that means fur baby and I are able to join him on his conference. DH’s work pays for our hotel room, we just need to pay for the free for fur baby, which is $75 per night.

This is the hotel we're staying at/where DH's conference is, The Sagamore Resort
(photo credit: thesagamore.com)

We’re going to drive to NY, it’s only 4 hours and 9 minuter per Mapquest. My plan is to study for my state test while DH attends his conference, and then we’ll do some exploring once he’s done working.

ROAD TRIP!

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 6.03.24 AM.png

That's it for now! I'm going to get a final update in next week. I want to wish @ariane37 a very happy trip as she leaves in just 3 days!

up next... FINAL UPDATE

Last edited:
Woo single digits!

:jumping1:

As you know, I’ve been toying with some dining dilemmas, and then on top of it, DH has had to go gluten free. Seriously, I only travel to Disney with people with food allergies. lol! I’ve been being a good wife and staying GF with him.

After looking into some food allergy menus I decided to cancel our Brunch at the Top. This is something I really to do, and probably would have kept it if it wasn’t a signature experience. I just can’t bring myself to use two TS credits per person on eggs and vegetables :p

Josh is GF, and we make GF food at home, but order separately at restaurants. Are you planning to eat GF at restaurants too?

We actually loved Brunch at the Top. I feel like there was a pretty good number of GF choices.!

Graduation is Thursday at 6pm for DH and I!

I’ve officially applied to take my state test for nurse practitioner and I’m just waiting for my application to be approved so I can get a test date, I keep checking the website every single day!! I’m hoping to take the test by the end of June.

Yay congrats on both things!

We’re going to drive to NY, it’s only 4 hours and 9 minuter per Mapquest. My plan is to study for my state test while DH attends his conference, and then we’ll do some exploring once he’s done working.

Ooo where do you plan to go? You're actually nearish me. I'm in schenectady. I'd say you're maybe an hour plus away from us.

Aw, thank you so much! You'll actually be nearish both @Raeven and I in NY :) I was going to point out where she is lol but she beat me to it! See on the map in the lower left corner where it says Kingston? I'm 45 minutes south. I haven't been to the Sagamore since I was a kid but it used to be really nice!

17cfa7e61e8a2244b7451770979ce4b8_zps3qhoerij.jpg

Happy Graduation Day!!!

I'm still working on getting all caught up on your plans, but I wanted to wish you Congratulations and I hope that you are having a great day!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Final Update

I can't believe I'm making my final post of this TR :cool1:

DH and I had an amazing graduation day, despite some family drama :cool: It has been mostly in the 60s here, except of course on our graduation day it was 96 degree. We do not have air conditioning and we had 14 people in our 1500 SQ foot house... so everyone basically looked like this:

giphy.gif

Fortunately, the ceremony only lasted about 2 hours and once the sun went down around 6:30pm it got quite a bit cooler. Our nephews decided to sleep in our bedroom on our floor that night because our room in the only one that has a window AC... it was such a fun slumber party!

Here is DH, furbaby and I

Ok, now onto DISNEY!
I purchased a Touring Plans subscription and used their room request fax service... I requested room 2565. I'll be sure to let you know if our request is met!

Lastly, it looks like there may be some scattered thunderstorms on our arrival day. If we get caught in rain, we might end up skipping Typhoon Lagoon and head to DS instead.

I have kept my word and have not changed any dining plans.

We haven't started packing yet... but this is on our 'to do' list for today.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my PTR - I loved having all of you here!

Hey there! I followed you over from the YC/BC thread and just read through your whole PTR! (I'm staying in July!) Your plans look great--sad that you had to cancel Brunch at the Top, but hopefully you get to go there one day!
I also live in MA in the Boston area (South Shore)! Excited to read your TR when you get back!

Hey there! I followed you over from the YC/BC thread and just read through your whole PTR! (I'm staying in July!) Your plans look great--sad that you had to cancel Brunch at the Top, but hopefully you get to go there one day!
I also live in MA in the Boston area (South Shore)! Excited to read your TR when you get back!

HI! Thanks for coming over!! We leave Thursday morning... AHH!! And yay for local friends <3 Can't wait to see you on my TR

Glad I caught this! Starting to get back in the swing since coming home Monday night :) Have a magical trip and safe travels!!! We only had brief showers one day down there so I'll cross my fingers you have good weather too. Get ready for more 90's though!! I'll be on the lookout for your TR!

party:
It's Disney Day!!!

According to your plans, you should be there already!! That's so exciting!!! :yay: I hope that you are able to get the room that you requested.

All of your plans look great! :thumbsup2 You made so many changes! You must be taking lessons from @Raeven ! :lmao:I'm sure you are going to have an amazing time!! :cheer2:

I've been so busy catching up on work and stuff around the house that I haven't had time to post, but we had a really great trip! DH is already asking when we are going back. :scratchin Hopefully, I'll have my TR started by the time you get back.

I hope that predicted thunderstorms stayed away today and that the Florida Sunshine was out to greet you. :cool1: It's "cold" (60) and dreary here in Ohio today. I think I'll go make myself some coffee in my new Disney mug and pretend that I'm there with you instead. :wizard:

Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!! :wave2:

Hey guys! DH and I have been back for two days now and I'm happy to report that we had a FABULOUS time although it went by wwwaaayyyy to quickly! I'm going to be starting my TR soon (hopefully today!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter