• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Love is Putting Someone Else’s Needs Before Yours" a May 2017/Beach Club PTR COMPLETE 5/21

14 days until online check in and FP+ selection day! Got me all channeling my inner Sue Heck...

giphy-1-gif.224967

HAHAHAH, I love The Middle and Sue Heck!! One of my best friends in high school always referred to herself as Sue Heck because all of the teachers kept getting her name wrong :rotfl2:

Right now we have an ADR for Chefs de France at 7:10pm, but looking over all the food I want to try at F&G idk if I'll be hungry enough! I guess in reality I'll probably split stuff with DH and we'll be in Epcot the day before, too, so we'll see!

I've always wanted to try Chefs de France, so if you do end up getting something from there please let me know how it is!! Sad that they don't have Remy there anymore though :(

Florida Fresh- Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn , Tomatoes and Cilantro- Ever since I visited Charleston I've been obsessed with grits. I had THE best grits at Dixie Supply... seriously, if you're ever in town, GO THERE. EARLY.

YES YES YES!!! I had the Shrimp and Grits last week and they were AMAZING! And I'm not a huge fan of grits; I just tried them about a month ago at Cracker Barrel and they needed lots of salt and pepper :crazy2: But I could have eaten huge bowl of this, it was so yummy!

In other news... we paid for our trip today! Yay one less thing to do! I've been feeding my shopping addiction, using this upcoming trip as an excuse. Here's what I've bought so far:

fullsizeoutput_b47-jpeg.226601

Yay for paying for your trip AND getting this adorable top! I tried on this exact same style but in dress form at Francesca's, and the fit was sooo weird. Even the XS was huge on me and looked like a tent :lmao: I'll definitely have to try it in top form; the off-the-shoulder look is so cute and in style right now!

Glad you got all our FP's!

I saw something on the 'on line check in' website that you can decline new Magic Bands and bring activated bands with you... well I have the bands they sent us for our cancelled September '16 trip (are you sick of hearing about this yet?! lol) so I'm wondering if we should just use those... but I don't know if these are activated... anyone have any advice on how to find these out?
I know this has been answered already but yes, you can use them :) Nothing is actually ON the MB's, all info in your MDE account is linked to your MB's and as long as a MB is active that info from MDE will come through. I think I just explained that in a very complicated way lol. If the bands from your cancelled trip are listed as deactivated in MDE you can change them to activated.

Thanks @ariane37 ! I'm thinking we'll still have our new bands delivered, because of the new design! How did you like the new design during your trip last week?

HAHAHAH, I love The Middle and Sue Heck!! One of my best friends in high school always referred to herself as Sue Heck because all of the teachers kept getting her name wrong

HAHA love it! Sue is so positive all the time, I just love her! But your poor friend... Funny story: my senior year of high school the school took us to NYC. We had to give our permission slips to the economics teacher... and I never took economics (because... ew) so this teacher did not know me... I knocked on the door to his classroom a few min before his class started and gave him my permission slip.. and in front of everyone he said... "umm no, this trip is only for SENIORS". Um... yeah, hi, I'm a senior, and I've been in school here for 4 years. The school was really small (106 people in my graduating class) so apparently he thought he knew everyone... so embarrassing as a 17 yo! Now I think to myself... what kind of adults humiliate teenagers like this in front of their peers?! Ok sorry I'm rambling... lol

I've always wanted to try Chefs de France, so if you do end up getting something from there please let me know how it is!! Sad that they don't have Remy there anymore though

DH and I ate here on our honeymoon in 2011 and its REALLY good. This was before I was really into wine, so now I'm all about trying some French wine there too! You def need to try it here... I recommend requesting a sit by the windows, makes you feel like you're in Paris watching people hustle by! (ya know... if people in Paris ate Mickey Ear Ice Creams and worse Mickey Ears lol)

Yay for paying for your trip AND getting this adorable top! I tried on this exact same style but in dress form at Francesca's, and the fit was sooo weird. Even the XS was huge on me and looked like a tent :lmao: I'll definitely have to try it in top form; the off-the-shoulder look is so cute and in style right now!

Yeah the top is def kind of weird fitting.. but I keep seeing so many cute outfits on pinterest with this style! I think the key is to pair it with skinny jeans ... I ordered a pair of white jeggings from American Eagle and it totally works... because the top is baggy/flowy you need the bottoms to be fitted so you dont look like you're wearing a bag lol. Shoe wise, a pair of cute tan wedges would be great... something like this:

936a5d65fa42df94ca541bfacb10a7d7.jpg

Ok they aren't very friendly for walking in a park all day... but maybe airport style?!

Thanks @ariane37 ! I'm thinking we'll still have our new bands delivered, because of the new design! How did you like the new design during your trip last week?
You know, I wasn't a fan of the design when we got the bands but once I put it on I completely forgot it was a new design :) Felt no difference at all!

I hope you guys have been able to enjoy some spring weather... I can finally say we're going to Disney World NEXT month!!

giphy.gif

In fact, our countdown is at 51 day! Or, as I like to call it... 7 Saturdays away :sunny:

4 weeks and two days from now I'll be taking my FINAL EXAM for graduate school.. woot woot! I was actually supposed to be at my clinical today, but unfortunately my preceptor had a family emergency so instead I am home for the day! This never happens to me and I'm LOVING sipping coffee, catching up on my DIS readings and make a nice dinner for DH and I. Of course I have a work out and some homework to do ...ya know, after my nap :P

Next week I'm OFF 4/13 and 4/14 too so I'm really feeling like there IS a light at the end of the tunnel... I'm going to a comedy show in Boston with one of my good friends to see the hosts of one of our favorite podcasts! And because the show STARTS at 7:30 on 4/13 I took the 14th off too... because I can no longer stay out late and work the next day. WAY too old for that now lol.

Ok enough rambling... LET'S TALK ABOUT DISNEY!

I haven't tt DH about moving our flight earlier on 5/25 ... mostly because we never really see each other as we're both in STUDY mode... DH is done his final exam for his MBA on 4/13 so he's in the thick of studying for exams.

I did however make more plan changes.
Idk what I was thinking tying to do AK 5/26 when pandora opens 5/27. Plus DH's favorite TS is Liberty Tree Tavern so I flip flopped the days around- MK 5/26, AK 5/27. Plus it just feels so right to start a trip off at MK❤

giphy.gif

So now we have the following FP for Friday May 26th:

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 12.23.49 PM.png
(I have no idea how to make these smaller.. sorry!)

And we have LTT reservation at 7:45pm

For May 27th, we're now planning AK... same as 20392308121782 other people, I'm sure!! lol

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 12.24.10 PM.png

Before heading to AK, we're eating at Boma (my fav!!) at 5:10 so we have PLENTY of time to get to AK for our safari FP. AND I did my research, and the sunset is at 8:16pm on 5/27... as I was worried it would be too dark to see any animals but I think we're good.

That's it for now folks, I'll have more to update in the next few weeks!

Anyway our dentist and I spent a good 15min talking Disney. She loves it as much we do! I wonder if she's on the disboards? How awkward would it be if she is on here and reads this! Haha!! She has two little kids and likes to stay at the Contemporary and we don't about how her kids loved HM! Swoon!! I think I'm going to send her a post card from disney! Do you think that's weird?
Definitely not weird! I sent our dentist a Christmas card this year with our wedding picture. (Both of our families had been going to the same dentist long before DH and I ever met, so the girls in the office were all really excited about our wedding and I wanted to send them the picture.) Since your dentist loves Disney, I bet that she would be really excited to get a postcard from you!

This past weekend I actually moved my semi still packed suitcase (from my January trip) into our spare room and out of our office.... I mean, at this point it's mostly stuff I'm going to pack anyway (sunscreen, ponchos, Vera back pack... and some other clothes that I'm not wearing right now).
I've officially switched over from avoiding unpacking to beginning to pack. :rotfl:

In other news... we paid for our trip today! Yay one less thing to do! I've been feeding my shopping addiction, using this upcoming trip as an excuse. Here's what I've bought so far:
Yay for paying off your trip and also for having an excuse to go shopping!! :yay:

AK- May 26th
7am-1am

6:30pm Boma, then head to AK

ROL @ 9pm, FP+

Avatar Flight of Passage- I think I read this is similar to a Soarin' situation, is that correct?

Na'vi River Journey
DHS - May 29th
9am-9:30pm

Adding 'Music of Pixar Live!' to our plans... yay! I believe the news for this show was announced just a few days ago. As far as I know, a time schedule has not been released, but the article I read said "three nightly showings" after the Beauty & Beast performances during the day... so now our plan will be to go to DHS at night, and Epcot in the afternoon. This show seems really fun, I love all of the Pixar characters
I am so jealous of all the fun new stuff that you are going to see!! :D

(when will TV become good again? I miss the days of Boy Meets World, Saved by the Bell, Step by Step, Full House.... sigh)
I agree. I'm not really a fan of the new Girl Meets World, but I do like Fuller House on Netflix. It's my workout show, I only let myself watch it when I'm walking on our treadmill. So when I find myself wanting to watch the next episode, then I have to workout. :laughing:

I was able to get everything I wanted, and am really happy with everything, although I think I need to change some of my ADR plans... here is what I ended up with!
Looks great!! :thumbsup2

4 weeks and two days from now I'll be taking my FINAL EXAM for graduate school.. woot woot! I was actually supposed to be at my clinical today, but unfortunately my preceptor had a family emergency so instead I am home for the day! This never happens to me and I'm LOVING sipping coffee, catching up on my DIS readings and make a nice dinner for DH and I. Of course I have a work out and some homework to do ...ya know, after my nap :P
That's so exciting that you are so close to being done!! :cool1:
I also love your nap priorities! We definitely are the same person! :lmao:

Idk what I was thinking tying to do AK 5/26 when pandora opens 5/27. Plus DH's favorite TS is Liberty Tree Tavern so I flip flopped the days around- MK 5/26, AK 5/27. Plus it just feels so right to start a trip off at MK❤
It just doesn't really feel like Disney until I see the castle.

AND I did my research, and the sunset is at 8:16pm on 5/27... as I was worried it would be too dark to see any animals but I think we're good.
We went on the safari at sunset in October and it was really pretty! I got some really nice sunset pictures and the animals were pretty active, but towards the end it did get kind of dark, so some of my animal pictures didn't turn out as well. Hopefully, I'll get around to finishing my TR and posting the pictures soon. :rotfl:

It took me all day, off and on, around work duties to read up to here. I love the plans. I've never stayed at BC, so I will be anxious to hear more. Good luck to you both on finals/boards!

I've officially switched over from avoiding unpacking to beginning to pack.

Yes, it HAD to be done! :flower1:

I also love your nap priorities! We definitely are the same person! :lmao:

hahah I LOVE napping. Every weekend and anytime I have OFF... I nap. Of course I'm usually awake by 7am thanks to fur baby lol.

We went on the safari at sunset in October and it was really pretty! I got some really nice sunset pictures and the animals were pretty active, but towards the end it did get kind of dark, so some of my animal pictures didn't turn out as well. Hopefully, I'll get around to finishing my TR and posting the pictures soon. :rotfl:

AHH good to know, now I'm even more excited!! The past few times I've been on the safari I didn't take any pics but I have SO many. And ya know what I do with them? Friggin' nothing. I mean, sometimes I put them on instagram. lol. but that's it.. they just take up space in the icloud! Pics of the castle, on the otherhand, I need to take EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

It took me all day, off and on, around work duties to read up to here. I love the plans. I've never stayed at BC, so I will be anxious to hear more. Good luck to you both on finals/boards!

Awwww yay so glad <3 Thanks for the well wishes, only 23 more days!

I'm going down with friends in August, and even though FP day is...a while...away, we're already starting to debate what/when (we had to decide park days so we could start looking for ADRs). I'm so conflicted about what to do in AK.

Hope everyone in the northeast has shoveled themselves out from under a few feet of snow! We got about 12 inches here, so not terrible, especially because we didn't have any on the ground due to some nice 70 degree February days! DH and I were home yesterday thanks to our work and school got cancelled. I'm home today (2/15) as my clinical preceptor is on vacation and said to take a study day... I'll take it! I could have gone to work... but, do I want to? No. I'm working on an 8-10 page research paper on PCOS ... but I need a break, so a PTR update is necessary!

May 30th Plans

Our last full day, boo!! I'm hoping to spend the entire day at Epcot enjoying the Flower & Garden festival food booths, riding Soarin' and FEA, and generally enjoying traveling the world :lovestruc And of course, finishing up whatever else we didn't get to, and overall just enjoying our last day at the pool, napping, etc.

Right now we have an ADR for Chefs de France at 7:10pm, but looking over all the food I want to try at F&G idk if I'll be hungry enough! I guess in reality I'll probably split stuff with DH and we'll be in Epcot the day before, too, so we'll see!

I've made a list of foods I want to try fat the F&G Festival, and although I likely won't get to all of them I feel like I needed a 'list' to help me remember what the heck I want to eat

The Butterflies on the Go garden (ok... I don't want to eat the butterflies, but I do want to see them!)

Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market - warm cheese streudel with mixed berries

Fleur de Lys - Kir Pomegranate, Sparking Wine, Pama Pomegranate Liqueur

Florida Fresh- Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn , Tomatoes and Cilantro-
Ever since I visited Charleston I've been obsessed with grits. I had THE best grits at Dixie Supply... seriously, if you're ever in town, GO THERE. EARLY.

Hanami- Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger

Jardin De Fiestas (Mexico Pavillion) - Watermelon White Sangria

Northern Bloom- seared scallops with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigarette and apple wood smoked bacon; beef tenderloin tips, muschroom bordelaise sauce, whipped potatoes with garden vegetables; maple popcorn shake

Pineapple Promenade- spicy hot dog with pineapple chutney and plantain chips; Pineapple Soft-Serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum

Primavera Kitchen- Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana and Fresh Basil

THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbeque and Brews- smoked pork ribs with black beans and corn salad

Showcase Coffee Cart hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company- The famous roasted coffee from Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company—chilled, then topped with Kahlúa, Grey Goose Vodka and rich, creamy half and half

I have really enjoyed reading your PTR and you and your mom's trip report! We are headed to WDW 5/26-5/31 for the holiday weekend! So excited for Flower and Garden and Pandora! One thing I noticed about your plans...I might be wrong, but I thought the Flower and Garden Festival last day is 5/29. We are going to be at Epcot 5/27 and will try some of the booths! Your plans sound great! Congrats on graduation and have fun on your trip!

Hi Ashlee! I'm finally here and all caught up! Forgive the 10 million quotes…Now that I actually know how to do this, there's no stopping me :rotfl:

DH and I will be spending a lot of time relaxing, enjoying the pool and visiting the parks at night more than rope dropping.

Sounds like heaven, and just what my DH likes to do. There's no better place to do that than the BC :love:

While I also enjoy a good tent and a campfire... I'll take a Disney vacation ANY day of the week over an out house

Camping?! :crazy2: No thank you! I went a couple times in my 20s and had fun, but I'm just not a camping girl. Because…bugs :scared1: Give me a Deluxe resort at WDW any day!

And a guest appearance of our fur baby (who, unfortunately, won't be joining us on this trip but we'd love to take him! haha!)

He's so fluffy! So cute!

At 32 days out... we had to cancel our trip.

:sad::sad::sad:

BEACH CLUB HERE WE CCOOOOMMMMEEE!

Awesome change!!

Now, did I tell DH about the extra $160 and upgrading our tickets? No. Did he ever know that we had 4 day base tickets? Also no. He won’t have any idea that this wasn’t the price went up... so yay! I swear this is the last of the upgrades!!

Pfftttt…details, details. You didn't want to bore him with all that :P

see he DOES pay attention!!

When there is food involved. My DH is the same!

5/4, 5/5, 5/6 - I'm taking a review course for the state nurse practitioner test which is in Boston. The course is from 8am-6pm 5/4 and 5/5 and 5/6 from 8am-1pm. I really want to stay in the hotel that is hosting the conference, but its $265 a night + plus tax and I only live 16 miles away. BUT I don't want to deal with the commute/traffic. AND I don't really want to stay anywhere else (unless its walking distance to the review course) and deal with ubers, taxis, subway, etc).

Are we voting? I vote to stay at home and commute daily. That's a LOT of money you could be spending in WDW :thumbsup2

5/18 GRADUATION for DH and I! Both our of parents, his parents and maybe one or two of my brothers will be attending and then we're going to dinner

The end is in sight! Such an awesome feeling!

and... AFTER our vacation, I'm having surgery.

I've been having right hip/groin pain for the past 8-9 years and last year I FINALLY saw an orthopedist that did an MRA and turns out I have a labral tear.

Ouch! I'm sorry that you have to do this. But can I just say…I had to google "labral tear." I was thinking, "labrial," :rotfl2: and I was wondering how the HECK did THAT happen??!!

I'm 99% sure I'm going to cancel our Beaches and Cream reservation and use a QS at the Boardwalk Bakery. We have a signature ADR on Sunday 5/27 so we wouldn't have enough TS credits to go with the rest of our plans if we stuck with Beaches & Cream. For some reason I thought B&C was a QS

I'm probably too late, but I would have kept this just to have somewhere close to go. It's cheap enough that I would probably pay OOP instead of using a TS credit for it. And honestly, if you decided you didn't want dinner there, you could keep the ADR for just ice cream

And... I let DH know about our PPO BOG ADR on the 26th. It went something like this:

Me: Guess what! I got us a 'Be Our Guest' breakfast reservation before the park even opens on our first full day in Disney"

DH: is that a character thing? I'm not doing a meal with characters until we have kids!!

Me: omg stop no it's not! It's a good use of a QS credit and hopefully we'll be done breakfast before the park "opens" so we can ride some rides without long wait times. My mom and I did it in January and it was great, we got to walk on 7DMT

DH: you know I don't like roller coasters

Me: ok, your getting a 'grumpy' t shirt. :goodvibes

Just be happy he flies :thumbsup2

#3 Boulangerie Patisserie ... that Croque Monsier is right up our alley! Or the Jambon Beurre! mmmmm! We might even splurge and split dessert from L'Artisan de Glaces, either of us have been there.

THIS! Best CS in EPCOT, IMO!

Yep, you read that right... its never too early to start talking about future trips! My oldest nephew will be graduating high school in 2019 and my parents (his grand parents) are taking him on a Disney vacation for a graduation present!! Of course... I invited myself on this trip as well

Yay! Planning years in advance makes me happy! :woohoo:I've got 2018, 2019 and 2021 (50th Anniversary!!) planned already!! (In my head of course!)

#familydrama :rolleyes1

I know too much about that :bitelip:

And of course DH and I will be taking a 2018 trip at some point... don't think I'd like him get away without an annual trip anymore!

We skipped our April trip this year and I'm all :sad:

Welcome back! I'm so so excited for this day because we're doing, "Brunch At The Top" at California Grille !!

Awesome! I'm thinking DH and I will try this after running the half in November! I can't wait to see how you like it!

I really want to try a Lapu Lapu,

Is that in the pineapple? That's TOTALLY on my list for November!

My point is this: I should just work on Tuesday May 23rd and use Wed May 24th as my day 'off'. It really doesn't make sense to work Monday, May 22nd, be off 5/23 and then work 5/24 and then be off 5/25-5/31. That was kind of confusing... are you still following?

That means that on Wednesday 5/24 I'll be home with fur baby packing, cleaning the house, obsessively checking the weather, etc. Then I can meet my mother in law to drop off fur baby that night (we meet half way between our houses... 2 1/2 hours of driving for each of us) after she gets out of work, so probably around 7/30pm. This would put me back at my house between 9/9:45pm.

Makes complete sense!

Here's where it gets really great... we could change our flights to be earlier!! Southwest has a flight 6:10am and lands at 9:15am. Yes, please! Plus its $28 cheaper than what we have booked now (3:35pm-6:45pm). I need to run this by DH to be sure he is willing to wake up at the super super early on the 25th.. and understands that our room may not be ready by the time we get there... but I love the idea of essentially getting another day of vacation!!

YAY!!:yay::yay::yay: Gotta love how SW lets you change flights AND save money! And gets you to WDW earlier!!

I've made a list of foods I want to try fat the F&G Festival, and although I likely won't get to all of them I feel like I needed a 'list' to help me remember what the heck I want to eat

Good idea! I'll have to do that for F & W :D

$49 from American Eagle Outfitters (random thought is 29 too old to be buying clothes from here?! lol)

What?? First, 29 is NOT too old for ANYTHING! And secondly, I was buying AE clothes up until DD started shopping there :rotfl2:I actually still wear their jeans!

FP Day Is Here!

Such an exciting day!!

I can finally say we're going to Disney World NEXT month!!

:yay::yay::yay:

Smart idea. Even though AK will probably be crazy, how could you NOT go on opening day?? It looks amazing!!

Well it would cost us a lot more now, because our SW tickets are non-refundable. :sad2:
we went through this 9/16 when we had to cancel our trip, they gave us a credit to use by 6/1, idk if that helps you though but someitmes a credit is just as a good as a 'refund' as it kind of forces you to use them :cutie: I'm 85% sure thats why DH let us book this trip b/c we would be out $580 in credits.

I'm going down with friends in August, and even though FP day is...a while...away, we're already starting to debate what/when (we had to decide park days so we could start looking for ADRs). I'm so conflicted about what to do in AK.
The struggle is real.

have really enjoyed reading your PTR and you and your mom's trip report!

awwwwww thank you!!!

We are headed to WDW 5/26-5/31 for the holiday weekend!

Where are you staying? do you have a PTR?

I might be wrong, but I thought the Flower and Garden Festival last day is 5/29.

ugh you are SO right. Where the heck have I been? If you hadn't pointed this out to me, I'd be doomed. THANK YOU x 282398129812!!!

He's so fluffy! So cute!
<3 I'm slightly obsessed with him

Are we voting? I vote to stay at home and commute daily.

Yes, def voting :smooth: I think I'll have DH drop me off at the train in the mornings and decide against the hotel room... I just check again, cheapest I could get is $240/night... I guess I can suck up a terrible commute for a few days. Plus taking the train and then the orange line will give me time to catch up on my podcast listening

Ouch! I'm sorry that you have to do this. But can I just say…I had to google "labral tear." I was thinking, "labrial,"

hahahahahaha :drinking: Labrial!

I'm probably too late, but I would have kept this just to have somewhere close to go. It's cheap enough that I would probably pay OOP instead of using a TS credit for it. And honestly, if you decided you didn't want dinner there, you could keep the ADR for just ice cream

Nope not too late! I haven't cancelled it yet... still keeping my options open

Just be happy he flies :thumbsup2
Oh I am !! When we were planning our honeymoon he tried to tell me we were going to DRIVE to Disney... hell to the no.

Yay! Planning years in advance makes me happy! :woohoo:I've got 2018, 2019 and 2021 (50th Anniversary!!) planned already!! (In my head of course!)

YAY... I LOVE ALL THE PLANNING!

Is that in the pineapple? That's TOTALLY on my list for November!

yes it is! Honestly, I'll drink anything out of a piece of fruit and a cute straw... hahahaha!!!

Gotta love how SW lets you change flights AND save money! And gets you to WDW earlier!!

YES!!! Stay tuned for next update....

What?? First, 29 is NOT too old for ANYTHING! And secondly, I was buying AE clothes up until DD started shopping there :rotfl2:I actually still wear their jeans!
PHew! i LOVE Their jeggings!

Smart idea. Even though AK will probably be crazy, how could you NOT go on opening day?? It looks amazing!!
Exactly! seems to be a theme this year... we were there for the opening day of the art festival i Epcot, now opening day of Pandora :daisy::daisy: a

For our May trip, we are staying at CSR! Hoping to avoid the construction as much as possible! We won't be spending much time at the resort, since it's only a long weekend!

This is probably my 20th (lost count) trip to The World and I've never done a PTR or TR! o_O Maybe I will do one for my December Xmas/NYE trip!

I hope you can move your schedule around to visit the Flower and Garden festival!! :daisy:

Crazy coincidence, my name is also Ashley (spelled the boring way) and we're going to be at Disney May 23rd - May 31st. I just turned 30 (holy heck, that's the first time I've said that) a few weeks ago! We'll cross paths in DHS on the 29th. I'll be the crazy chick with a ridiculous southern twang who's dragging my crazy DH around along with our 8 year old DD and 6 year old DS.

I'm nervous about being there for the Avatar opening but I'm hoping the other parks will be lighter crowds!

MAJOR Plan Changes....

First, I need to say THANK YOU to @csjordan who pointed out a very important detail that I missed when I planned this trip...

FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL ENDS ON 5/29

WHY THE HECK DID I PLAN ON 5/30 BEING OUR EPCOT DAY?!

Between this and not planning on being at AK on 5/27 for the opening of Pandora, I'm starting to think that I've officially lost it.
Fortunately, I think I've bee able to redeem myself but it look the better part of my morning to get things straightened out again. Let's just start from the begging of my trip....

5/25:

I changed our flight times!

- Flight now leaves MTH at 6:10am, lands in MCO at 9:15am

-Plan is to check into BC, change, then head over to Typhoon Lagoon

- Based on Typhoons (limited) food choices, it seems Leaning Palms will meet our needs for lunch
Beaches & Cream 8:30pm ADR

5/26 & 5/27: No changes, Plans can be found here

5/28

Epcot

Brunch: Cali Grille 11:05am

Happily Ever After 9pm

Seas with Nemo & Friends 3:55pm-4:55pm

Soarin’ 5pm-6pm

Spaceship Earth 6:40pm-7pm

Back to CR for "Happily Ever After"

5/29

DS Morning/ DHS evening

TSM 4:05pm-5:05pm

Star Tours 5:35pm-6:35pm

Muppet Vision 3D 7pm-8pm

Le Cellier 7:30pm

5/30
Epcot in PM

Living with the Land 6pm-7pm

FEA 7:25pm-8:25pm

Illuminations

Chefs de France 7:10pm

Next up... Mini Updates!

Last edited:
For our May trip, we are staying at CSR! Hoping to avoid the construction as much as possible! We won't be spending much time at the resort, since it's only a long weekend!

Yay, CSR is my FAVORITE MODERATE! Have you stayed there before? When I was there in January the only time I noticed the construction was when at the bus stop for the Ranchos. And I DEF didn't hear any construction.

Maybe I will do one for my December Xmas/NYE trip!

DO IT! #enabler

Crazy coincidence, my name is also Ashley (spelled the boring way) and we're going to be at Disney May 23rd - May 31st. I just turned 30 (holy heck, that's the first time I've said that) a few weeks ago! We'll cross paths in DHS on the 29th. I'll be the crazy chick with a ridiculous southern twang who's dragging my crazy DH around along with our 8 year old DD and 6 year old DS.

I'm nervous about being there for the Avatar opening but I'm hoping the other parks will be lighter crowds!

AH YAY! Girl, I WISH my name was spelled 'Ashley' - just seems much more logical :rolleyes1 Where are you staying?!

Happy belated birthday! I'm not sure how I feel about turning 30...

hahaha I love a southern twang... I want to move to Charleston... just to listen to the people! Fortunately I don't have an accent, but I do say 'wicked' a lot. haha!!

Between this and not planning on being at AK on 5/27 for the opening of Pandora, I'm starting to think that I've officially lost it.

Duh…you've been SLIGHTLY pre-occupied with more important things!

Flight now leaves MTH at 6:10am, lands in MCO at 9:15am

Yay!

Based on Typhoons (limited) food choices, it seems Leaning Palms will meet our needs for lunch

It's not that bad…I recall they had a chicken wrap that was pretty good. I love TL :love:

Beaches & Cream 8:30pm ADR
Glad you kept it :thumbsup2

Yay, CSR is my FAVORITE MODERATE! Have you stayed there before? When I was there in January the only time I noticed the construction was when at the bus stop for the Ranchos. And I DEF didn't hear any construction.

DO IT! #enabler

AH YAY! Girl, I WISH my name was spelled 'Ashley' - just seems much more logical :rolleyes1 Where are you staying?!

Happy belated birthday! I'm not sure how I feel about turning 30...

hahaha I love a southern twang... I want to move to Charleston... just to listen to the people! Fortunately I don't have an accent, but I do say 'wicked' a lot. haha!!

Thank you! I was struggling big time with turning 30 but I have to say, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't feel any older! One thing is for sure with my boring spelling, if I go into a souvenir shop I can guarantee my name will be spelled correctly.

We're staying at All-Star Sports, I was hoping for a moderate but the kids requested it sooooooo I obliged. They're still young, 6 & 8 so even though the rooms are small they still work for us. In a few years, we will need a bigger room so I'll deal with it for now. In all honesty, we spend very little time in the room other than sleeping so I'm okay with a value.

Of course, I say I don't have an accent but I travel for work and that's when I notice it. I only notice it because other people point it out. I went to Portland a few years ago and every single day, for 2 weeks one of the clerks at the hotel I was staying at would find me at breakfast and say "can you just talk so I can hear your accent?" She was obsessed with my accent and I found it pretty funny. Charleston is beautiful, I was there for 2 weeks a couple years ago and loved it. I told DH I want to go back for vacation because it's beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter