Loop Conversion Progress - UPDATE

I'm so glad they are doing the 700 loop now - that's the best news. Should be ready for our trip in early May. I really love that loop. Thanks Carol.:cool1::cool1:

I already ranted a bit on this already... but by paving the sites over in the 1400 loop... Disney ruined a tradition for our family. The last 3 years we paid extra and got a 1400 loop site so the 5 kids could go to the campfire and watch the movies, we tent camp and have a great set up! Our kids would call this our "Disney home". Now its ruined.... thanks.... all I can say is we won't be back this year. We really liked that loop, and I'm heartbroken.... I'm sure you won't miss the money from us, with the improved profits from the new sites.... but I kinda hope you do....

I was also talking with a neighbor last year, who got a site on the 300 loop and was upset with the loop and changed to the 1400 loop. We have been to the Fort 5 years in a row now, and NEVER been offered a site in the 100, 200 or 300 loop... it was these peoples first trip and they got a 300 site and didn't even want it. We were even offered on the phone making reservations for a 100, 200 or 300 loop site, and then get a attitude at the check in office like we have to be priviliged to camp on them loops.:headache:

Well I doubt the mouse cares... so we will stay closer to home this year.

MB

I already ranted a bit on this already... but by paving the sites over in the 1400 loop... Disney ruined a tradition for our family. The last 3 years we paid extra and got a 1400 loop site so the 5 kids could go to the campfire and watch the movies, we tent camp and have a great set up! Our kids would call this our "Disney home". Now its ruined.... thanks.... all I can say is we won't be back this year. We really liked that loop, and I'm heartbroken.... I'm sure you won't miss the money from us, with the improved profits from the new sites.... but I kinda hope you do....

I was also talking with a neighbor last year, who got a site on the 300 loop and was upset with the loop and changed to the 1400 loop. We have been to the Fort 5 years in a row now, and NEVER been offered a site in the 100, 200 or 300 loop... it was these peoples first trip and they got a 300 site and didn't even want it. We were even offered on the phone making reservations for a 100, 200 or 300 loop site, and then get a attitude at the check in office like we have to be priviliged to camp on them loops.:headache:

Well I doubt the mouse cares... so we will stay closer to home this year.

MB

MB-

Send a letter or an e-mail to Disney. I agree, they are making too many sites all concrete and not "tent" friendly. When we biked on 3/22, I noticed the sites on 1400 that were on the canal had bumpers on the back of the sites so you couldn't accidentally back into the canal. All in all, I didn't care for the reno of 1400.

For those interested in 700, it's closed and the reno's have begun.

I mentioned that before about Disney's greed in making to many premium sites. And good luck on getting anything in 100 or 200. Seems like everybody wants these sites now.

Mousebrain, could you elucidate in what way the paving ruins your family tradition? Is it because you have been priced-out of your favorite loop? Is it because you need a pad for a tent for your camping setup? If Disney doesn't understand why their improvements are detrimental to some guests then they unlikely to be swayed from their course.

MB-

Send a letter or an e-mail to Disney. I agree, they are making too many sites all concrete and not "tent" friendly. When we biked on 3/22, I noticed the sites on 1400 that were on the canal had bumpers on the back of the sites so you couldn't accidentally back into the canal. All in all, I didn't care for the reno of 1400.

Deb- Thanks for the update about the 700 loop.

And, I agree with those who feel that there are too many premium loops. In my experience at the Fort, a lot of people with motor homes and trailers still set up tents on their sites. I know some people would prefer no tent pad, but I still suspect that most people would like to have a place to set up a tent on their site.

As far as a good alternative to the 1400 loop for tent campers, I would suggest the 1500 or 1600 loops. Those are both nearly as convenient to the Meadows area, and both now have cable, so they are comparable to what the 1400 loop used to offer.

TCD

The 700 loop is already finished!

They started putting campers in there on Friday night, April 3 at about 5:30 pm. By midnight, the loop was 3/4 full!

No current signs of other loop closures. They are probably waiting until after Easter.

TCD

MB-

tent friendly, that expains the sand. My kids thought the sandy area was for building elaborate confinements to collect lizards.....

100_2720.jpg

Bump!!

Well, they have completed everything on schedule EXCEPT 900, 1000, and 1100.

It remains to be seen if those loops will be converted at all.

At any rate, it will probably be after Easter before they attempt to start on them, if they do at all.

I'll be at the Fort starting the 23rd of this month, and will have a golf cart so will definitely be doing lots of spying :-)

I'm watching this with interest. The 900 and 1100 loops are my two favorite loops, so I'm waiting to see if they are converted before my summer trip. (If Murphy's Law applies, they won't be. I paid extra for a premium site assuming those two loops would be converted by that time.) As always, wait and see...

Been lurking for a while, can you share the goods and bads about your extended stay in 1923?

Gosh, I'm pretty sure Fort Wilderness wasn't around yet in 1923?

:santa:

We must have been neighbors, we were in 1923 for Oct/Nov/Dec. I saw your black golf cart around the loop several times but never connected it to your site.
Opps, I beginner's error in wording!! I was refering to the loop and site number and the extended stay, Oct Nov Dec. Much thanks for pointing out the error of my typing. It must have been the keyboard

Been lurking for a while, can you share the goods and bads about your extended stay in 1923?

Opps, I beginner's error in wording!! I was refering to the loop and site number and the extended stay, Oct Nov Dec. Much thanks for pointing out the error of my typing. It must have been the keyboard

So, is Goofyseven and Paul Kelly one and the same ? :confused3

We are easily confused one name at a time, please. :thumbsup2

The short answer is "Yes" Goofyseven must have signed up on this forum a while ago and got it goofed up!!!

Procedured modified to assure no repeat of this error.

The short answer is "Yes" Goofyseven must have signed up on this forum a while ago and got it goofed up!!!

Procedured modified to assure no repeat of this error.

Or, maybe Paul Kelly joined a while ago like 2006 and got goofed up. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter