Loop Conversion Progress - UPDATE

clkelley

<font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo
I thought I'd post this to try and keep everyone up to date. I will update as I hear from other folks:

This is the original conversion schedule. The bold is the actual:

Loop 900 – closed 7/08 to 7/25 – reopens 7/26/08. - Complete
Loop 1000 – closed 7/27 to 8/08 – reopens 8/09/08. - Complete
Loop 1100 – closed 8/10 to 8/22 – reopens 8/23/08. - Complete
Loop 500 – closed 8/24 to 9/21 – reopens 9/22/08. - Complete
Loop 800 – closed 9/22 to 11/01 – reopens 11/02/08. - Complete
Loop 400 – closed 11/03 to 11/21 – reopens 11/22/08. - Complete
Loop 600 – closed 11/30 to 12/19 – reopens 12/20/08. - Existing sites completed,
Expansion Complete

Loop 1300 – closed 1/4 to 1/23 – reopens 1/24/09. - Complete, done early
Loop 1200 – closed 1/25 to 2/06 – reopens 2/07/09. - Complete, done early
Loop 1400 – closed 2/08 to 2/13 – reopens 2/14/09. - Complete
Loop 700 – closed 3/15 to 4/03 – reopens 4/04/09. - Open Again after 2nd Round of Work

Loop 1500 and 2000 - Cable install complete
Loop 1600, 1700, 1800, and 1900 Cable install complete
No changes made at all to 100, 200, and 300

UNLESS THEY CLOSE ANOTHER LOOP DOWN AFTER THE 4th HOLIDAY, THE FORT CONVERSION MAY BE COMPLETE

Thanks for the update Carol, it is appreciated..!

I was hoping that 1100 would be done before we get there at the end of March, but it doesn't look good..! Please keep the updates coming...!

The Disney CM we spoke to when we made our reservations told us that the 1600 thru 1900 absolutely did not have cable. Even after we told them that we had read online that it had been installed. I sometimes wonder if some of these people have a clue or have ever even been to FW?

The Disney CM we spoke to when we made our reservations told us that the 1600 thru 1900 absolutely did not have cable. Even after we told them that we had read online that it had been installed. I sometimes wonder if some of these people have a clue or have ever even been to FW?
Most to the CRO CMs have probably never been to FW and I would bet most have no idea what different types of RVs are. We are in fact a different animal to them. As I've said before, the folks who answer the phone (i.e. reservations cast members) have differing levels of expertise regarding Fort Wilderness. Think about it, there are tens of thousands of Disney hotel rooms fitting into a few categories such as Value, Moderate and Deluxe and most rooms, no mater what property have similar size rooms, room capacities and rules regarding the room. So, the reservations cast members have most of the information regarding rooms in their head. Except for the exceptional reservations cast members, for Fort Wilderness they usually read what is on the screen in front of them.

Rest assured, there is cable in these loops. I've used it in 16, 17 & 1900....or was that my imagination? Others on the board have claimed to use the cable in 1800. Group hypnosis at different times, perhaps? :rolleyes1

Here's the question: If I'm paying for a premium site at the end of March, and the loop that I requested has not been "upgraded" to premium level yet, will I still get it..?

Yes, I know that sites/loops are not guaranteed, I'm just wondering if I would get placed in a loop that had already been upgraded/completed..? If loop 1100 (which we requested) is not done yet, shouldn't it still be listed as preferred with preferred pricing..? Know what I mean..?

just curious... :rolleyes:

I was in site 1913 in Nov/Dec 08 and there was cable.

Here's the question: If I'm paying for a premium site at the end of March, and the loop that I requested has not been "upgraded" to premium level yet, will I still get it..?

Yes, I know that sites/loops are not guaranteed, I'm just wondering if I would get placed in a loop that had already been upgraded/completed..? If loop 1100 (which we requested) is not done yet, shouldn't it still be listed as preferred with preferred pricing..? Know what I mean..?

just curious... :rolleyes:

No, you will probably be placed in one of the loops already upgraded to Premium.

If you are placed in 1100, I would absolutely ask for a refund of the difference between premium and preferred.

Yeah, that's a good question Jim (DisneyDadinOhio), it would be nice if you could request 1100 and note on your reservation that you are willing to take 1100 whether it is Full still or if it is converted to Premium. But I think Carol is right, if you book Premium and 1100 is yet to be converted they will likely ingnore your request and put you in a Premium loop rather than offering to let you down-grade into a Full. I think, given your trip date, I would go on and book Full, request 1100 and ask them to note that if it has been converted that you'd be willing to pay Premium to still get 1100. Disney is all about making a buck so that may work. If it doesn't, you'll end up in 1600-1900 and find that they are nice loops too. Actually, keep an eye out around here, there is sure to be a post as soon as they clear 1100 out for renovations and you could then call and ask to upgrade to Premium, if it seems they'd be done in time.

We must have been neighbors, we were in 1923 for Oct/Nov/Dec. I saw your black golf cart around the loop several times but never connected it to your site.

Cool. We had a Disboard sign up on the tree.

Thanks ClKelley for the update. Glad to see some many loops now with cable. :)

Wow, so 1400 is done!? That was a bit quicker than I would have thought. Who wants to place a wager on which loop is next? I'm saying 700... but half-expect them to wait until after Easter.

Wow, so 1400 is done!? That was a bit quicker than I would have thought. Who wants to place a wager on which loop is next? I'm saying 700... but half-expect them to wait until after Easter.

Yep, TCD made mention of it being open in his latest pool pictures.

Who knows on the other loops.

Wow, I was so absorbed with the pool stuff I totally missed any mention of 1400!

Who wants to place a wager on which loop is next? I'm saying 700... but half-expect them to wait until after Easter.

I hope they do the 700 loop next. If they started it now then it would be finished in plenty of time for Easter (12 April). We're coming down on 5 May and I hope to be in the 700 loop as a premium site. I really like the proximity of that loop for short stays especially since we won't be bringing our golf cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter