***Locally Made Exchange-Sent/Recieved***COMPLETED

That just leaves us with 3 more to be reported on.
One of our exchangers is on vacation, and will be back in a few days, so hopefully we will hear of her box arriving, of hers being sent out, and the one coming to me from a different DISer. :thumbsup2 .

mickeyfan2 said:
Yes it was. It traveled about 1000 miles in only two days. This must be a new record for the post office!!!! :rotfl2:

Yup, with how the postal system is these days with some packages it really makes you wonder what is going on. Especially when the rates keep increasing.

mickeyfan2 said:
I got a package today from Janice (jpmandan)

She sent me

Mayhaw jelly. Never heard of it but can't wait to try it.
Pecan log
Peanut brittle (I think. Haven't tried it yet)
A beautiful ornament called Angel of the Bay. It is made with a shell.
Brochures, pamplets, paper and a video PC CD of her area. The CD is part of a fund raiser for her area which was devistated by Katrina.

Thank you so much. Everything is wonderful. I hope that Katrina did not cause you any loss.

I'm glad it got there so fast! Mayhaw jelly is a commom homemade jelly here in the South. Mayhaws are little like grapes. The peanut brittle is really pecan pralines. The Angel of the Bay is made by a lady here, and the box was made by her husband with driftwood and cardboard.

My house lost alot of shingles and we had some downed trees. The "usual" hurricane damage. My community was deeply affected (as you could see from the CD). My sons lost their school and are going to school in portable classrooms now. Many of my students moved or were left homeless. We are definitely recovering though! Thank you for asking!

I'm glad you like everything. Maybe, if we do one of these exchanges next year, I'll be able to add more to the box.
Janice

mickeyfan2 said:
and a video PC CD of her area. The CD is part of a fund raiser for her area which was devistated by Katrina.

Thank you so much. Everything is wonderful. I hope that Katrina did not cause you any loss.

Mickeyfan2,

Please, oh please, don't take it as a solicitation for a donation. :blush: All the other locally made books and DVDs were much too expensive to include in your box. I just wanted to share the slide show portion since most people are curious about our situation.

Janice

Hi everyone,
I screwed up and didn't get mine or my mom's out today. We got home from Chicago at 12:30 this morning and had to go to my DS baseball game and I didn't make it to the Post Office in time. Very very sorry and I promise it will go out Monday. I did receive my package today. I got some wonderful things from Jpmandan.

I got:
some candy yum yum
mayhaw jelly (cant wait to try never heard of it before)
Oceans Spring CD
Southern Breeze cooking magazine
Going Coastal magazine
Really neat shell angel
lots of literature on the area.

Thanks so much. I have never been to Mississippi. :sunny:

jpmandan said:
Mickeyfan2,

Please, oh please, don't take it as a solicitation for a donation. :blush: All the other locally made books and DVDs were much too expensive to include in your box. I just wanted to share the slide show portion since most people are curious about our situation.

Janice
Don't worry. I did not take it that way. I just was trying to describe it for the others and I figured that you made a donation to get it, so I was just giving you credit for it. :teeth:

Had a bit of trouble with my pony today, so mine didnt go out liked planned, it is ready and waiting to to be mailed first thing monday morning. Sorry for the delay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter