LIVE from the MAGIC 1/14/06

please give some details about renting the car at Grand Cayman and driving to Rum Point :wave2:

Sorry I can't be more specific about the CM that told me about the new thing at CC. I don't want to get him/her in trouble. It was a VERY reliable source.

pyramid2000 said:
shows, I REALLY miss Hercules!! Dreams was the best of the three. They had various technical things wrong in different shows, but nothing too big I guess. No flying for Peter and Lisa Marie yesterday :sad2:

LOL! Lisa Marie was onboard? ;) It must have been rough for them to cut that out of the show.

Castaway cay was soooo perfect today!!! The best.
They had to drag me off that island.

I thought the weather was perfect all week. It is January and I expected cooler temps. it worked out great for all the ports and things we did at each.
The water was a bit frigid at the Island today but I did get in, Brrrr.

Pub night was LOLOLOL!!!!

I don't want to leave :(((

CC was great! Blue skies, packed beach! A great way to end the trip! I will tell all when we get back and recouperate!

Kids are ready to go home... all are VERY tired! They won't realize how much they will miss it until we are home again!! :rotfl:

Met many nice people and had a good time despite the weather and the seas! But I did miss the wedding on CC today! :guilty: Wish I had seen it!
Got to get to bed! Long trip home!

Tri-circle-D said:
So, Disers, how are you all doing with the medal count? Any Diser's in the Disney Legs contest? Any Bon Jovi's or Go Go's at 80's night? Ping pong champion? You guys have Pirate Night coming up tomorrow. The Diser's need to represent! Get your DH's up on stage for some Pirate Dancing! :banana:
TCD

OK I was unable to write while on the boat, but I will come clean and tell you that I was one of the lucky ladies to go up on stage on 80's night in my underware and a towel to be the bass player for the Go Go's. It was a blast!!! My Fiancee' was also picked to be the drummer for the guys in the Bon Jovi part... 80's Night was the best late night that we had on the ship... I went up on the stage at least 4 times that night.. We sat right up front so I was a huge target... :banana:

The whole trip was great.. I never really noticed the crowds, but I think that was because I never went to get pics with the characters in the Atruim.. I knew that was a bad idea with all those kids..

The seas were rough, but I was on the seas during 20-25 foot waves last April.. Now that was rough... I never felt sick at all... Maybe the Ginger truely works...

All the ports were great, but I really enjoyed being on the boat the most... Well actually I loved the day at CC the most... It was sooooo beautiful. The water was cold, but It could not have been nicer....

I am glad I got to meet some of you all in person... and Bookworm when you get back I wanted to tell you that you looked beautiful in your dress.... I saw you coming back on the cart.... I hope that it was perfect... Well I am off to bed after a long journey home....

Hi All,

I was on the ship last week too. I didn't meet any of the DISers as we were traveling with non-Disers. But I spotted Joy at the terminal with her family and also passed by her door magnets.

We had a great time --- and yes, the weather at Castaway Cay made up for the bad weather the rest of the week. That first day was very chilly and WINDY!!!!! I couldn't believe that there were kids swimming in the pools! But it warmed up pretty nicely by Monday and we had a bit of sun peaking through the clouds Monday through Wednesday. Thursday was overcast and rainy all day and the pools were closed.

I cannot say enough about taking dramamine (non-drowsy, 24 hour coverage formula) on a preventive basis. Seas were moderate for the first few days and VERY ROUGH on Tues. and Wed. nights. Woke us up and scared us to death around 3AM. The ship was creaking, things were falling in the cabins and the ship kept making horrible noises as it bounced down off of the waves :scared: :scared1: :scared: But the dramamine really worked as niether DH or I got even the slightest bit sick and we both are susceptible to motion sickness. But alof of people did and all the public bathrooms were stocked with barf bags :sick:

My kids (5 and 7) LOVED the kids clubs this time and did not want to leave. None of us were reach to come home yesterday :sad2:

Great trip - even with some cool weather early on and very rough seas a couple of nights. I would definately book in January again. It was a great time to be sailing.

Eeyore77 said:
:

The seas were rough, but I was on the seas during 20-25 foot waves last April.. Now that was rough... I never felt sick at all... Maybe the Ginger truely works...

I am glad I got to meet some of you all in person... and Bookworm when you get back I wanted to tell you that you looked beautiful in your dress.... I saw you coming back on the cart..

I met you for a minute. Just passing through Rockin D Bar. I had my son so I couldn't stay! Looked like you were all having fun.

Yes, the seas were not as bad as they could have been. I have seen much rougher, plus it was mostly during the night which is easier to take.

I also saw Bookworm in her cart! I yelled DIS boards out to her!! She looked beautiful. I watched your ceremony with binoculars from my cabin. lol
What agreat day for a wedding. You'll have to tell us all about it.

BTW, I was officially the last passenger off our cruise. I lost my drivers license the first day after getting back on in KW. I knew it dropped on the conveyer belt but they said no. So, the last night on the ship they told me they found it & to pick it up at guest services in the morning. So, I did. GS said that lost & found had it at port. Went there, they didn't have it, went back to GS. They said they never made the call. I asked for a supervisor. She found the record of the call & who made it. They went to find the girl. No luck. This went on forever. Finally around 10:30 or so one girl said I bet they never looked in the most obvious place and opened a box on the fornt desk. There it was! I was so mad.
When I came back down the stairs in the port everyone was starring at me @@.

I heard that the Charles Marshall Band was back on the Magic. :cool1: Please, please post any COMMENTS and PICTURES of the best band on the 7 seas!

Disneyland4Jamy said:
I heard that the Charles Marshall Band was back on the Magic. :cool1: Please, please post any COMMENTS and PICTURES of the best band on the 7 seas!

they are back on board and as good as ever :thumbsup2 . We spoke to the drummer for a while and he said they were back on for a little while. They have a new keyboardest that is replacing their existing one for the 1/21 cruise.

That's about all I know :cool1:

Disneyland4Jamy said:

YES!! They were great! We watched them almost every night. It's too bad more people don't get up and dance.
I have a few pictures but they are very dark.

Timmbco said:
please give some details about renting the car at Grand Cayman and driving to Rum Point :wave2:

This is what we were going to do, but the kids decided they wanted to stay onboard and have the pool to themselves. It didn't look like much of a beach day anyway. A Honda Civic would have only cost around $60 and that included a permit, a tank of gas, and insurance.

The Charles Marshall band was there and were great! Pikey says he will be leaving after the next cruise for a while. Capt. Tom also left after our trip. I was told he was going to Hong Kong. I will do a trip report once I feel better. Kids and I all have terrible colds.

I'm relatively new to this board and wished that we would have met some of you. We had a blast on this cruise despite the weather. I did a trip report and wont go on any further in this thread except to say it's such a bummer we didn't figure out how to meet any of you. You guys have been so helpful and our trip was magical a lot because of your posts. Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter