last minute dining questions

Miss Park Avenue

Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
Well, as you can see by my ticker, we are days away from our Disney vacation. We booked this just a couple months ago on a whim. We have all our restaurant ADRs made with the idea that we are going to get the middle tier dining plan. Well today my mother remembers that they have a Disney's dining Experience card that they bought last year. It expires July 30.

So is it worth it to keep the dining plan if we already have this? Where can I find the list of restaurants that take the DDE card? I understand it's called "Tables in Wonderland" or something like that now. Also, what are the blackout dates? We check out July 3.

Any links to more info on the Tables in Wonderland or Disney Dining Experience would be so appreciated. Thanks so much.

If your trip is within 3 days, you will be charged a $50 fee to remove the dining plan from a package reservation, so you might have to factor that into your calculations.

July 4 is the blackout date - you will be fine with TIW up to July 3.

The TIW is good at most table service restaurants on WDW property. It isn't accepted at the Swan/Dolphin, at Teppan Edo, at Yak & Yeti or Rainforest Cafe, or at most restaurants at Downtown Disney.

There are only a few counter service restaurants that accept it. Three of these are inside Animal Kingdom park. The others are at resorts - the values, Saratoga Springs and POFQ.

If your trip is within 3 days, you will be charged a $50 fee to remove the dining plan from a package reservation, so you might have to factor that into your calculations.

July 4 is the blackout date - you will be fine with TIW up to July 3.

The TIW is good at most table service restaurants on WDW property. It isn't accepted at the Swan/Dolphin, at Teppan Edo, at Yak & Yeti or Rainforest Cafe, or at most restaurants at Downtown Disney.

There are only a few counter service restaurants that accept it. Three of these are inside Animal Kingdom park. The others are at resorts - the values, Saratoga Springs and POFQ.

Thanks so much. We are DVC members, so we don't actually pay for the dining plan until we check in. I don't think we will be charged the $50 if we change our minds. But I'll have to check into that to make sure.

I didn't know the discount didn't apply to most counter service restaurants. Is there a list of restaurants that take DDE/TIW somewhere?

I have to leave for a little while and check back. I appreciate the advice! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter