Kidani Savana View Dissappoint

RedM94

DIS Veteran
Checked into a one bedroom savana view room last Saturday and was very disappointed. We booked at eleven months and at no point were we told they would be painting the resort. The entire savana is surrounded with chainlink fence with green tarps. Our view is of several lift cranes and a maintenance pull behind trailer.

Every morning numerous painters descend on the savana to begin work. This includes the front of the resort. This morning we were treated to a flat bed truck depositing several port o potties.

Expressed our disappointment and DVC refunded the difference between savana view and standard view points. I will say that the resort looks fresh and new, just wish we would have known, we would have booked a different resort.

complain, you should get a refund for the difference in sav view and std view.

We were there the first week of December and it was going on but we're told our side was done (and we luckily weren't bofhered) we also were never informed of the painting...someone dropped the ball.

complain, you should get a refund for the difference in sav view and std view.

@BillPA Yes, as I mentioned, they did refund the point difference to me. The CM’s at the front desk offered to check for other one bedroom availability, but we were completely unpacked and did not want to loose Park time moving.

It wasn’t until we called member services, after two trips to the front desk, that they offered the point refund. I am more than happy with the resolution, and mostly wanted to make others aware in case they find themselves in the same situation.

Expressed our disappointment and DVC

This is a common theme of maintenance and refurbishments in the fall and winter. We try and only go in the fall and early winter, but usually there are multiple rides down and a lot of walls/tarps up throughout the area.

We had a studio reserved for the week of Dec 1-7 at Kidani... got the text for check-in and went to the room(10:30am). Upon entering the room it turned out to be a 1 bedroom, confused I went to the front desk and they said I had been upgraded at no additional charge due to a shortage of studios. We were located front of resort, but with equipment and painters working on front of building. Honestly it was not a problem. Also we received daily housekeeping with new sheets and towels each day. The crews were gone each day by 3:30-4pm and they didn’t seem to start till about 9am

We had a studio reserved for the week of Dec 1-7 at Kidani... got the text for check-in and went to the room(10:30am). Upon entering the room it turned out to be a 1 bedroom, confused I went to the front desk and they said I had been upgraded at no additional charge due to a shortage of studios. We were located front of resort, but with equipment and painters working on front of building. Honestly it was not a problem. Also we received daily housekeeping with new sheets and towels each day. The crews were gone each day by 3:30-4pm and they didn’t seem to start till about 9am
nice!

Oh I hope this will be done when we arrive in June!!!

Based on what I am seeing, it will be done well before June. The areas that are complete look like opening day. You should have a beautiful resort to check in to.

I have a similar question. We had to borrow points so I will be pretty disappointed if this is our situation at the end of February.

We borrowed pointstpp. The refunded points were placed back into the original use year, Dec 2019, and are bankable.

So are they all over the resort painting or just some places?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter