Kidani Savana View Dissappoint

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by RedM94, Jan 10, 2019.

1. RedM94

RedM94 DIS Veteran

They are painting Kidani rooms facing the Savana, and the front of the resort by the bus stops. That is all I could see.

2. TheMick424

TheMick424 Mouseketeer

Sounds like you couldn’t see much through the tarps. Ugh! Glad they refunded your points as compensation. I wonder how long this will take to complete. Seriously debating my room request options for our late Feb trip now.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. RedM94

RedM94 DIS Veteran

Not very good quality, but a panoramic view from my verandah.

4E119DD5-0A78-4C2D-9EB5-19EE523B3642.jpeg

5. TheMick424

TheMick424 Mouseketeer

That is definitely disappointing! I’m sorry :(

6. Wakey

Wakey DIS Veteran

In fairness to them, they have to do it sometime to keep it looking nice!

TheMick424 likes this.
  7. TheMick424

TheMick424 Mouseketeer

Agreed. As long as they communicate and provide reasonable compensation for the downgrade in view, I take no issue. (For my upcoming trip it was an 85 point difference between std and sav. To me that’s not insignificant and means we are unable to take a trip next year given the number of points we have remaining. It’s all trade offs, but I would like to have the right info to make a decision).

8. RedM94

RedM94 DIS Veteran

I absolutely agree, and have mentioned the areas that are complete look like grand opening week. The time to find out about it is not when you walk out on your verandah. To add insult to injury, when I went to the front desk, I was told my room was not in the area of the refurb. I had to show the CM photos on my phone.

I also feel for those who rented points to stay in a savana view room. The points would be returned to the owner.

9. Wakey

Wakey DIS Veteran

Yes I fully agree you should have been informed.
    Thing is as it’s a timeshare, compo is paid for by membership , unless the points are coming from DVDs allocation or breakage, which I doubt.
    I think you should have been told before booking and as it’s DVC they should plan it 11 months out. Then you could have picked something else or a Standard View, leaving the painting view to those booking late.

10. DisneynBison

DisneynBison Mouseketeer

Ended up with a great view no complaints. They did a real nice job on the painting

RedM94 likes this.
  11. act1980

act1980 DIS Veteran

I’m due to stay here in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know when this should be completed?