Justins Wish trip :) Pre trip report...

Hi! I'm glad you liked the clone wars dress an super please the boys stuff fits! The pattern I used is calle Kyoko and it's by mod kids. I love it soooo much- it's one of my favorites

I got some great mail today! It took me a second (OK, it was a third) look but I saw a little something hiding in there. ;)

Character interactions...

I have two favorites. DD wore a dress with the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine on the front. LT was the first to our table. She asked if her daughters had seen the dress yet, which they had not. She yelled across the dining room them and then dragged my dd from our table to show them the dress. Drizella and Anastasia screamed. Everyone in the restaurant was looking at DD. Drizella kept pointing out how beautiful she was on the dress and how gorgeous her eyes were.

My other favorite was Goofy at Epcot. DD had on a patchwork skirt with Minnie and Mickey theme and a Minnie t I made her. Goofy was in love with the outfit and in love with my dd. He kept hugging her and wouldn't let her go. He caused the line of people to get way backed up and his handler kept telling him he needed to let go of dd, but he wouldn't.

ANd of course I thought of another one -- Jasmine and Aladdin -- they were in Morocco and DD had a Jasmine dress on and Aladdin raved over it and was excessively chatty with me (and a bit flirtatious which I didn't mind at all). he loved the dress, he loved the autograph book (he looked through the entire thing) and he kept talking to me. I have to say I loved the attention!

We will let you know how it goes, I'm not sure about C either because she has never seen the movies or read the books, but she is sure she loves HP regardless! The boys have seen movie one and two and I think they will watch #3 before we go.

Hayden has played the lego Wii games with his Nana (they are quite the duo) so he knows the stories quite well!

Since C will be 4 we will be able to share how it goes (when's your trip?)

Aww how cute is she. EE has never read the books but she thinks HP hung the moon. She was actually asking me today if we could watch it. Course this is my same 3 year old that adores darth "saber" lol. So she is not cut of the same cloth as most ;) EE turns 4 in November how old will C be?
We are not sure honestly on dates. It is a wish trip as well. We find out in August we hope definite dates. We have ask for Feb if at all possible. Hubs has no vacation time until Jan so it has to be at least then (he puts in vacation a year ahead of time). My oldest DD (almost 19) was asking if we were going to do Universal and I am on the fence about it. I adore Disney so I hate to "waste" a day somewhere else. :rotfl:

I just got the most amazing card in the mail. Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't wait to see pictures of the kids in Disney! I love the front of the card. So creative.

There may be something "hidden" on the front did you find it?

Aww how cute is she. EE has never read the books but she thinks HP hung the moon. She was actually asking me today if we could watch it. Course this is my same 3 year old that adores darth "saber" lol. So she is not cut of the same cloth as most ;) EE turns 4 in November how old will C be?
I adore Disney so I hate to "waste" a day somewhere else. :rotfl:

We we will let you know what we think! But according to lots of TR's Universal is really good to wish kids...may be worth a day.
It sounds like the girls are kindred spirits, miss Callie L-O-V-E-S Darth Vader
she is prone to singing the imperial march when she wakes up in the morning.
They will probably be able to work with your dates we specifically requested ours and they said they would do what they could....

I'm glad you can come out of lurkdom now :)
We will def. let you know when we head out your way, and look forward to talking all things Disney and Sewing!! and I'm sure the Lego is awesome (even if its not Star Wars) does he have photos or the actual built items?

:rotfl: Really!!? I'll tell Hubbs that you encouraged his playing, and maybe we will have to let the kids have a free evening of video games so they have a fighting chance against Dad!

Let's just say even with my Wii practice, DH still beats me every single time! Then again, he is the one who could get max score on Buzz Lightyear! DH's Lego creations can be seen on his site. He also has instructions on the site on how to maximize the number of bricks in the "pick a brick" cup at the Lego Store. We call the Lego Store at Downtown Disney "the fifth theme park" because we go there a few times each trip (even though we now have a Lego Store in town).

OMG!!! a stain:rotfl: Seriously is there any more interactive characters than that in WDW? How about everyone sounds out with their most interactive/special character visit at WDW?...aaand...Go:

Our most special visit wasn't with characters in the traditional sense, but it was with Citizens of Hollywood Blvd at Studios. They spotted DH and I walking down the Blvd (we were on our way out for our mid-day break), noticed we had anniversary buttons on us, and they stopped us. They found out it was our anniversary and they had DH "propose" to me in the middle of Hollywood Blvd with a rubber duckie! Of course they had to gather a crowd to witness this event too. The only regret I have is that we didn't get any pictures of the event.

During that very same trip, Minnie also had DH do the "proposing" pose in one of our pictures (actually, it might have been the same day). At least we do have a picture of that.

Of course, the stepsisters were always a hoot whenever we see them (you see them at MK from time to time). The funniest line from them was "well, if you don't have any children, you can adopt me. I AM toilet trained!"

One thing I really like about the characters is that they made you feel special - even if you are an adult. DH and I spend quite a bit of time doing the character thing because we enjoy interacting with them so much. We never felt like we were a bother to them because we are adults.

Ok so first of all sorry for not replying to every post above this one but Its starting to be crunch time!!! EEEEP! Starting tomorrow is our Town days and my in laws are coming into town so its gonna be crazy till Monday when I have my Neuro appt (migraines) and each day there is at least one apt. yikes! But I am LOVING the stories about wonderful meetings and greetings.

On the plus side packing has started!!!!

and now to report on our meeting with the Lovely (inside and out) PurpleEars :goodvibes

Again Flora, Justin Loved meeting you and he astutely pointed out the start of your name is the beginning of Flor-ida where Disney is!

Justin seems to have become enamored at first sight!
2012BigGivePurpleEars10.jpg

Here is Justin wearing his Mickey Bowling shirt (he loves it and is planning on wearing it for his Birthday Party(Bowling & The spaghetti Factory have been booked! )
2012BigGivePurpleEars3.jpg

Hayden's Awesome Bowling shirt with Sully and Mike.
2012BigGivePurpleEars4.jpg

Callie was THRILLED to see her name on a Canadian Mickey head luggage tag. We each got one & Hubbs is still exclaiming how cool they are.
2012BigGivePurpleEars6.jpg

Hayden thought Dads Shirt was his LOL!
And Look at Flora's ruffled Minnie bag cool huh!?
2012BigGivePurpleEars5.jpg

Since its not polite to strip a little girl in a Hotel lobby Callie didn't try her dress on yet but look at the detail on these princesses!
2012BigGivePurpleEarstoday.jpg

Now Auntie and I also were gifted with a beautiful peasant style shirts I got Mulan(one of my favorite Characters) And Auntie Mallory got the Haunted Mansion applique (its her FAVORITE ride) I will be sure to get a picture at WDW of us (or at least me) in our shirts.
2012BigGivePurpleEarsttt.jpg

Thank you so so much Flora!! We look forward to seeing you again! And Holy! When you said your Hubbs liked Lego I had no idea the scale!!!So cool! The kids will be impressed when I tell them too!

We we will let you know what we think! But according to lots of TR's Universal is really good to wish kids...may be worth a day.
It sounds like the girls are kindred spirits, miss Callie L-O-V-E-S Darth Vader
she is prone to singing the imperial march when she wakes up in the morning.
They will probably be able to work with your dates we specifically requested ours and they said they would do what they could....

Well I am seriously thinking you guys DO need to make a run for the border and come see us in Texas lol. My kids are wild though lol. I specifically requested the last week in Feb because that is Noah's bday but we will see how it goes. Either way it will be magical! pixiedust: I would love to do SWW one year but I am so afraid of the crowds and how Noah will react so baby steps . ;)
Good luck getting ready sounds like your week is going to be busy!!!

So we had a couple Big Gives arrive on Wednesday, but there was no time to open them! So yesterday when the kids got home for school it was first on the agenda!

It was Callie's turn to open!
IMGP4451.jpg

IMGP4453.jpg

IMGP4459.jpg

Inside were some incredibly cool Custom shirts for all 3 kids
IMGP4470.jpg

Pretty sure Justin's exact words were A-W-E-SOME (but drawn out and in a sing song tone)
IMGP4463.jpg

IMGP4454.jpg

IMGP4455.jpg

Thank you so much Ann (disname: Fruto76) You really hit the kids style spot on and they were thrilled! And I love the way you matched the name font with each character, so much thought went into these!

Next up was an envelope from Sara (no disname?)
It was Hayden's turn to open and boy did he have his work cut out for him!!

IMGP4488-1.jpg

Inside the stuffed envelope was 3 BEAUTIFUL homemade backpacks!!!!! Yes BACKPACKS!! She MADE them!!Made Backpacks!! So cool!!

IMGP4493.jpg

Justin's was Starwars fabric trimmed with his favorite color red:
IMGP4492.jpg

Hayden's was Starwars too trimmed with his favorite color green:
IMGP4497.jpg

And Callie's was her favorite color purple with a Tangled fabric!
IMGP4490.jpg

Thank you so much Sarah, these are so cool, I still can't believe you made backpacks! The kids are looking forward to using them as their carry ons:goodvibes

IMGP4494.jpg

2012BigGivetodaybackpack.jpg

There is one more give that arrived yesterday to yet to post, the mail Lady brought it to the door and had to inquire if we had been on an online shopping spree because of how many packages had been coming lately!:rotfl2::goodvibes

I will try to post it today but it will depend how the day progresses Town days are busy and fun filled family time!

Thank you so much Ann (disname: Fruto76) You really hit the kids style spot on and they were thrilled! And I love the way you matched the name font with each character, so much thought went into these!

Next up was an envelope from Sara (no disname?)
It was Hayden's turn to open and boy did he have his work cut out for him!!

th_IMGP4488-1.jpg

Inside the stuffed envelope was 3 BEAUTIFUL homemade backpacks!!!!! Yes BACKPACKS!! She MADE them!!Made Backpacks!! So cool!!

th_IMGP4493.jpg

Justin's was Starwars fabric trimmed with his favorite color red:
th_IMGP4492.jpg

Hayden's was Starwars too trimmed with his favorite color green:
th_IMGP4497.jpg

And Callie's was her favorite color purple with a Tangled fabric!
th_IMGP4490.jpg

Thank you so much Sarah, these are so cool, I still can't believe you made backpacks! The kids are looking forward to using them as their carry ons:goodvibes

th_IMGP4494.jpg

th_2012BigGivetodaybackpack.jpg

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

That would be me, sorry I thought I included my dis name. You should have seen me trying to stuff those in, I was trying to make it as small of a package as I could:rotfl2: I am so glad everyone loves their backpacks!! I love seeing their reaction and their smiles:love: I can't wait to see them in action. I hope you all have a wonderful trip, it's getting so close!!!

My goodness! I can totally understand why you have the postlady wondering what is going on! You all are getting inundated with such wonderful things. Your kids must be in heaven!

And I do want to see pics of Aunt Mallory in her shirt! Her wedding phot was awesome so I have no doubt she will look lovely in her shirt.

Just checking in a d saying Hi and to have a great weekend! (well that, and so I have 667 posts instead of the number I just noticed I had).

Ok so first of all sorry for not replying to every post above this one but Its starting to be crunch time!!! EEEEP! Starting tomorrow is our Town days and my in laws are coming into town so its gonna be crazy till Monday when I have my Neuro appt (migraines) and each day there is at least one apt. yikes! But I am LOVING the stories about wonderful meetings and greetings.

On the plus side packing has started!!!!

and now to report on our meeting with the Lovely (inside and out) PurpleEars :goodvibes

Again Flora, Justin Loved meeting you and he astutely pointed out the start of your name is the beginning of Flor-ida where Disney is!

Justin seems to have become enamored at first sight!
th_2012BigGivePurpleEars10.jpg

Here is Justin wearing his Mickey Bowling shirt (he loves it and is planning on wearing it for his Birthday Party(Bowling & The spaghetti Factory have been booked! )
th_2012BigGivePurpleEars3.jpg

Hayden's Awesome Bowling shirt with Sully and Mike.
th_2012BigGivePurpleEars4.jpg

Callie was THRILLED to see her name on a Canadian Mickey head luggage tag. We each got one & Hubbs is still exclaiming how cool they are.
th_2012BigGivePurpleEars6.jpg

Hayden thought Dads Shirt was his LOL!
And Look at Flora's ruffled Minnie bag cool huh!?
th_2012BigGivePurpleEars5.jpg

Since its not polite to strip a little girl in a Hotel lobby Callie didn't try her dress on yet but look at the detail on these princesses!
th_2012BigGivePurpleEarstoday.jpg

Now Auntie and I also were gifted with a beautiful peasant style shirts I got Mulan(one of my favorite Characters) And Auntie Mallory got the Haunted Mansion applique (its her FAVORITE ride) I will be sure to get a picture at WDW of us (or at least me) in our shirts.
th_2012BigGivePurpleEarsttt.jpg

Thank you so so much Flora!! We look forward to seeing you again! And Holy! When you said your Hubbs liked Lego I had no idea the scale!!!So cool! The kids will be impressed when I tell them too!

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! It was an honour to be able to meet your family in person. I felt bad that I dragged you guys into town, so I am glad that everything worked out. Oh by the way, I forgot to tell you that everything was washed in Tide Free before I packed them (even the luggage tags), which is why the luggage tags look linty.

Sounds like you have a number of busy days ahead of you! I hope the packing will go smoothly and you will get a chance to relax a bit before the trip. Oh, and you can tell Justin that in addition to Flor-ida, there is a Disney character is called Flora (one of Sleeping Beauty's fairies). Of course, I didn't even realize that was the case until a few years ago!

I am so relieved to see the shirts finally arrived! I kept checking them online and the tracking would not display any info :crazy2:
So happy the kids like them :cutie: and that they fit their "style"
You guys are going to be the talk of the parks... so many wonderful BG's!!! Have a FANTABULOUS time!

i totally missed the update with Flora's cute pieces! how wonderful you got to meet her, she is a sweetie...we got to meet her and her DH for a few minutes in Feb at DLR :goodvibes looks like the kids had fun meeting and hanging out with her!

All of your Big Give items are adorable! Your family will be among the best dressed in the parks for your trip.:) Your trip is certainly coming up very quickly - make sure to savour every minute and take lots of pictures!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter