Just read the WDW room security check thread and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People vary greatly in how much privacy they need to feel comfortable, and it's only human nature to want others to think/feel the same way about things as you do. When the policy started, the people who were opposed to it were convinced that it was so intrusive that others would rise up in protest and force Disney to change. In fact, it seems very few who visit Disney care all that much about it, and those who get daily housekeeping may not even know it exists. These threads always end up in arguments between the same handful of people.

Yep same on BOTH sides.

I see it more as, if you have long stays, you spend good chunks of your day in your room, and you opt out of housekeeping, the more likely you are to experience having more than one room check in a day, or being walked in on. I don't hate the policy, but we've had both those experiences happen to us.

A lot of people who are okay with it say they don't opt out of housekeeping and/or they are park commandos. Which makes sense. They're probably never going to experience a security check, especially if they only have a short stay.

You haven't experienced room checks. I have experienced multiple room checks. Both statements are true.
Nothing else is fact. I'm not sure what you're reading as fact.

Your messages make it seem like if you stay longer and are in and out all day that is why you do get them. You stated those things as if they were facts. They are not facts. Just because you experienced this and it was your scenario does not mean this in anyway is the case or that it's what caused your room check. There is no data that says this is what they look for or that just as many people with the opposite scenario aren't having checks done. This is why I stated that I don't believe what you say is true. This did not mean I didn't believe that it happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter