Just need some empathy...

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I'm covered in hives. I've gone through every bite I put into my mouth, and either there was cross contamination someplace (doubtful based on what I ate) or I've suddenly developed a new allergy. :sad1: It was bad enough that I slept with the Epi-Pen on my nightstand last night.

Allergies suck.

Anne

i'm so sorry.

don't forget to check for environmental causes for the hives, too. new laundry soap? new clothing item? new cleaning product? or, new stress event?

hope they disappear soon!!

dj

i'm so sorry.

don't forget to check for environmental causes for the hives, too. new laundry soap? new clothing item? new cleaning product? or, new stress event?

hope they disappear soon!!

dj

Nope to all. My environmental allergies make my eyes swell and itch (hayfever type symptoms) or go straight to my asthma. My food allergies do the hives thing.

No new stress either, just the same level as always. :eek: :headache:

Thanks!

Anne

Maybe you shook someone's hand, etc. that had eaten the foods you are allegric too? That does suck. My ds gets hives all the time-we Can not pinpoint them either

Maybe you shook someone's hand, etc. that had eaten the foods you are allegric too? That does suck. My ds gets hives all the time-we Can not pinpoint them either

Nope. Spent the day in my office with the door closed, no visitors, and went straight home, no stop for milk, gas, nothing.

Anne

:hug: I'm really sorry! :hug: We have allergy problems over here, too. My daughter, Jordan is the one who gets hives! I'm sure you know this, but drink A LOT of water to flush your system. It can take 24-48 hours for the hives to completely go away, depending on the severity. It sounds like a food allergy to me. I hope you can find what caused them.

Take care,
Michelle

You may already know this one, but a warm bath with bicarbonate of soda in it can really relieve soreness and itching (provided you aren't allergic to bicarb, of course). I hope you feel much better soon, and I'm really sorry you're suffering :hug:

You may already know this one, but a warm bath with bicarbonate of soda in it can really relieve soreness and itching (provided you aren't allergic to bicarb, of course). I hope you feel much better soon, and I'm really sorry you're suffering :hug:

Thanks, I might try that. It's gotten really bad again over the past half hour. I'm seriously wondering if it's corn, I ate corn last night and then today with my lunch. Or the cooking spray that I spray on the grill before I BBQ, I made BBQ last night and tonight. Chicken last night, burgers tonight. and the timing is about the same between dinners both nights. Hmmm...

Anne

Anne, I am sorry you are suffering. Did you figure out what set them off? I hope you can figure it out so it doesn't happen again. I pray you feel better soon puppet~

My DD had this problem, but was from the allergy formula Fabreeze. She kept taking Benadryl for several days. It was horrible. She couldn't even sleep.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you!:cheer2:

Thanks, I might try that. It's gotten really bad again over the past half hour. I'm seriously wondering if it's corn, I ate corn last night and then today with my lunch. Or the cooking spray that I spray on the grill before I BBQ, I made BBQ last night and tonight. Chicken last night, burgers tonight. and the timing is about the same between dinners both nights. Hmmm...

Anne
Sorry you are covered in Hives, I get them form some Wines.
Feel better fast:yay:
Deb

hope you are feeling better.
I can't think of a worse feeling than having hives.:grouphug:

I am so sorry you are itchy!!! We are currently struggling with hives and my two year old. She has had sporadic breakouts for the past four days. I had her at the doctor today and the doc thinks it might be a virus. :confused3 Of course, we are leaving for WDW in just over a week. Ugh. She has been on benadryl at night and now we have zyrtec since the benadryl makes her drowsy. She doesn't have allergies that we know of but if the hives keep up we will have to have her tested.

Have you tried Aveeno bath soaks? They do soothe her.

Anne,

Hope you figure it out. I've been there too many times to mention. If you don't have bicarbonate, do you have Aveeno around? With all the allergies and asthma in this house, I've always got a box of the stuff.

Suzanne

Sudden thought: it couldn't be a change of cleaning products at your office, could it? Might be worth looking into if all else fails.

Feel better :hug:

I had a thought last night- something on the grill? Not the cooking spray, but something that was cooked previously. I've had mild reactions from food cooked on grills that had been previously used to cook seafood.

Sudden thought: it couldn't be a change of cleaning products at your office, could it? Might be worth looking into if all else fails.

Feel better :hug:

Nope, the guy who cleans here is just a single guy who comes in twice a week and uses the products we provide. I'm a bit of a neatnick, and the only thing he ever does in my office is empty the trash and vaccuum every other week or so.

Anne

I had a thought last night- something on the grill? Not the cooking spray, but something that was cooked previously. I've had mild reactions from food cooked on grills that had been previously used to cook seafood.

NO, nothing else has been on it. My hives got really bad again last night about an hour after I ate. I had a hamburger on the grill.

So I'm leaning towards either the cooking spray, or the corn--I had the leftowvers in my lunch salad yesterday--yeah, I'm a moron. :rotfl2:

I took some Hydroxyzine this morning. It doens't make me quite as dopey as Benadryl, but it make sme a little dizzy and tired and spacey feeling.

I didn't want to take a bath last night because we've been dealing with a stopped pipe in the master bath, and I didnt' want to put that much water down at once until I was sure the Liquid Plumber stuff had cleared it up. Maybe tonight.

Anne

Allergies can appear out of nowhere. I have lived in Vermont all of my life and never had any issues until my freshman year in college. I had the flu for a week. The flu passed and I went back to my normal routine and suddenly found myself covered in hives. My ears and eyes were swollen. The doctors immediately suspected a food allergy. It took several weeks to determine that something in my body had changed and I am allergic to the Cold weather, well actually cold in general. Air conditioning, Cold Air, Ice etc. If my body gets to cold whatever area has been exposed reacts in hives. I've learned how to keep myself warm and how to have hot baths available whenever I might get colder than I expect. My point is that you could be reacting to something in your evironment that you have little control over and it may take time to determine what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter