Just Back From a 4-day Mother & Son Trip to WDW

So glad you had a good trip. Tiffins is one of our favorite restaurants on site. I agree CS is beautiful and a really relaxing resort. I've never had issues with buses either and I've been going for over 38 years and always use Disney transportation. I also agree about FoP, if someone else is with my son and I, I let them ride it with him, if I'm solo I skip it. I'm surprised Mom could ride EE, I can't. I think it's the backward part but it makes me a little icky feeling, not full on throw up but a headache and a little upset stomach. I used to could ride it when I was younger. AK can be an all day park according to how you do it. The best time to ride Safari is early morning as the animals are usually active then. If you walk all the trails and stop and watch the animals scattered about the park and watch the shows and take it slow to really take in all the details, you could easily do all day there. I tend to have park hoppers so never do all day at any park, I usually go back to the resort mid-day and take a break then I'm off to another park for the evening.

My mother [68] and I [39] just got back last night from a quick trip to WDW. I hadn't been since I was a kid [in 1993 with my grandmother] and my mother hadn't been since my parents' honeymoon in 1980. My father and my husband had little interest in going so mom and I made it a mother/son trip. I take a travel journal whenever I travel and this trip was no exception so I'll post my thoughts here as I wrote them in my journal. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about Coronado Springs Resort and/or the general state of the parks/restaurants.

Sat. May 14, 2022
We arrived at Coronado Springs around 8pm this evening. What a gorgeous place! I'm so happy we decided to stay here instead of Pop Century. Originally they assigned us to room 7666 in the Ranchos section but we HAD to change form that unlucky number so they put us in 7582, still in Ranchos. I was hoping for Casitas but this is still lovely. We had dinner at Three Bridges which was very good. Thankfully the bar was first come/first serve because it was an hour wait for a table even at 8.30pm. The burger was decent but the fries with tomato aioli was the star of the dish!! Mom enjoyed her poke bowl as well. We went to Dahlia Lounge for after dinner drinks and dessert. Gorgeous views and the chocolate profiterole with chocolate mousse was delicious and beautifully presented "in the shape of Salvador Dali's favorite hat" according to our waitress. The views form the outdoor terrace on the 16th floor of Grand Destino Tower were great. What a perfect way to end the night.

View attachment 670143View attachment 670144View attachment 670145View attachment 670146View attachment 670148View attachment 670149View attachment 670142
Coronado is gorgeous at night. My daughter and I went to Three Bridges for dinner one night (we were at Riverside) and I stayed there, solo, just before the Pandemic shut everything down in 2020. I would stay there again. I took tons of pictures as this is a resort filled with art.

Attachments

• IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1514.jpeg
    IMG_1514.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1
So glad you had a good trip. Tiffins is one of our favorite restaurants on site. I agree CS is beautiful and a really relaxing resort. I've never had issues with buses either and I've been going for over 38 years and always use Disney transportation. I also agree about FoP, if someone else is with my son and I, I let them ride it with him, if I'm solo I skip it. I'm surprised Mom could ride EE, I can't. I think it's the backward part but it makes me a little icky feeling, not full on throw up but a headache and a little upset stomach. I used to could ride it when I was younger. AK can be an all day park according to how you do it. The best time to ride Safari is early morning as the animals are usually active then. If you walk all the trails and stop and watch the animals scattered about the park and watch the shows and take it slow to really take in all the details, you could easily do all day there. I tend to have park hoppers so never do all day at any park, I usually go back to the resort mid-day and take a break then I'm off to another park for the evening.
Mom was apprehensive about riding Everest and I talked her into it and then she loved it haha. She wouldn’t ride Space Mtn though! I could see spending a whole day in AK in the cooler weather but it was so bloody hot the day we were there that I am not sure I would’ve wanted to even if we weren’t leaving that evening.

I didn’t get park hoppers as it was so long since I’d been to WDW I figured I could plenty occupy myself with full days in one park each. It wasn’t worth the upcharge to us. However, when I go in October we’ll only have one Disney day so will get the hopper so we can do Epcot in the morning and MK in the evening.
Coronado is gorgeous at night. My daughter and I went to Three Bridges for dinner one night (we were at Riverside) and I stayed there, solo, just before the Pandemic shut everything down in 2020. I would stay there again. I took tons of pictures as this is a resort filled with art.
Thanks for reading. Yes the artwork was lovely at Coronado!
Great pictures! EE at AK is our favorite also.
Thanks for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter