Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

LOL, maybe I should say eat breakfast in my jammies while I listen to the laundry being done so I can wear the same clothes I wore yesterday! :upsidedow

The laundry in room is a huge benefit for us. We end up packing less and traveling lighter. I usually try to book a 1BR in the middle or end of stay depending on how our schedule works out. We typically split stay 2 resorts, sometimes 3 if it’s more than 7 nights and 1 BR’s are usually available.

I book points like we own 6-700 but only own 350. Borrowing is a regular occurrence and at some point it will catch up to me 🤪

Luckily we are going to start getting into DCL soon as our son will be 3 next summer so that “should” take some pressure off the DVC points….maybe.

Has anyone confirmed if they did indeed cap the discount at $30 per point today? I noticed the link is broken on the original OKW deal PDF, so curious if any discount at all is still available. I can bug my guide but don't want him to think I am serious until I actually am. 🤣

Luckily we are going to start getting into DCL soon as our son will be 3 next summer so that “should” take some pressure off the DVC points….maybe.
This is what got me in borrowing purgatory!

I did the point swap and rented out about 2.5 years of points to pay for our Alaska cruise. Of course we still want to go to Disney, so we are having to borrow for every trip!

I don't really pay attention to direct incentives offerings historically. Are incentives for existing members at 100 points sort of a new phenomenon?

This is what got me in borrowing purgatory!

I did the point swap and rented out about 2.5 years of points to pay for our Alaska cruise. Of course we still want to go to Disney, so we are having to borrow for every trip!

My goal is to not rent any points to cover cruises so I don’t make the problem worse.

My wife is a Travel Agent and I’m military so we plan to only sail discount cruises.

I don't really pay attention to direct incentives offerings historically. Are incentives for existing members at 100 points sort of a new phenomenon?
It’s gone back and forth. For a while recently they were at 150 minimum but it wasn’t too long ago they started at 100.

This really was a great promo for Disney developer points

I wonder if they would do this again with any other resorts.... I know there are lot of complexities but it sure seems like this is the ultimate cash register for DVD... even better/easier than selling (trying to sell?) their new resorts? Just recycle contracts via ROFR and repackage and re-sell? I get that I'm over simplifying it, but they sold out of OKW in very little time. Somebody up top has got to be planning when the time is right to just do it again.

The ones that would make the most sense are the ones that Disney can "enhance" before reselling, like anything that gets extended like OKW or any of the newer restricted resorts if their resale drops insanely low. Buying points back for cheap then extending them or washing the restrictions could make those more lucrative. We'll just have to wait and see!

I wonder if they would do this again with any other resorts.... I know there are lot of complexities but it sure seems like this is the ultimate cash register for DVD... even better/easier than selling (trying to sell?) their new resorts? Just recycle contracts via ROFR and repackage and re-sell? I get that I'm over simplifying it, but they sold out of OKW in very little time. Somebody up top has got to be planning when the time is right to just do it again.

Probably as this is an easy sell and brings the developer points way down. In fact, the last time I bought from the mouse direct was 2010 and have bought resale ever since, but I too bought a few hundred OKW-E at this great promo.

Hopefully they will do this for BCV....but probably will start next with BWV

Probably as this is an easy sell and brings the developer points way down. In fact, the last time I bought from the mouse direct was 2010 and have bought resale ever since, but I too bought a few hundred OKW-E at this great promo.

Hopefully they will do this for BCV....but probably will start next with BWV
Is there a reason to believe DVD is sitting on many BCV or BWV points? I would assume not since they are priced at $275 and $240, respectively. I would be surprised to see many more sales getting below $150/pt (and definitely not at premium location properties) because it would just drag down RIV and PVB sales.

Is there a reason to believe DVD is sitting on many BCV or BWV points? I would assume not since they are priced at $275 and $240, respectively. I would be surprised to see many more sales getting below $150/pt (and definitely not at premium location properties) because it would just drag down RIV and PVB sales.
No, I was just speculating if DVC will do a flash sale similar to the OKW sale over the past month. I think it makes sense to offer BWV next as it is a large resort or possibly BRV and I highly doubt they will every offer a BCV flash sale as it is such a small resort (but wishes sometime come true).

With no extension for those resorts, I don't think they will be ROFRing those resorts to get points for a flash sale. I don't think direct interest is going to be high enough for those short expirations. OKW wouldn't have sold nearly as well as it did during the flash sale if they were 2042 points

No, I was just speculating if DVC will do a flash sale similar to the OKW sale over the past month. I think it makes sense to offer BWV next as it is a large resort or possibly BRV and I highly doubt they will every offer a BCV flash sale as it is such a small resort (but wishes sometime come true).
The OKW flash sale is a unique situation that is very unlikely to be repeated anytime soon with any other properties. In fact, with the way it sold, I’m thinking some at DVC are thinking they were a bit TOO aggressive with their pricing on this one…

However, they are probably very happy just getting extended contracts out there. That was really the whole point with the sale.

With no extension for those resorts, I don't think they will be ROFRing those resorts to get points for a flash sale. I don't think direct interest is going to be high enough for those short expirations. OKW wouldn't have sold nearly as well as it did during the flash sale if they were 2042 points
They also generally sell above $110 (BWV) and $130 (BCV) unless they are stripped. When Disney sells them they need to add the previous UY points…so hard to imagine they could have a “flash sale” below $175/200 and make much of a profit.

They also generally sell above $110 (BWV) and $130 (BCV) unless they are stripped. When Disney sells them they need to add the previous UY points…so hard to imagine they could have a “flash sale” below $175/200 and make much of a profit.
Yeah, they wouldn't be able to price it low enough to get many buyers. unlike OKW and OKWe, people buying BWV and BCV are buying those points to stay at those resorts, not to use as sleep around points. It just wouldn't make sense when you could get resale for so much cheaper. Direct pricing for those is over double the resale pricing right now. If VGC resale was around $150 (vs direct pricing of what 300 or 310?) how fast would those resale points sell comparatively?

So between last June and this May Disney wrote 71 BWV deeds (WHY!) and acquired 15.

Beach club they acquired 6 and wrote 49 deeds (SUPER WHY!)

While some portion of those new deeds are people putting contracts into trusts or gratuitous transfers / adding a kid, those proportions are such that they don’t seem to have any need to run a promo to move their points on those ones.

So between last June and this May Disney wrote 71 BWV deeds (WHY!) and acquired 15.

Beach club they acquired 6 and wrote 49 deeds (SUPER WHY!)

While some portion of those new deeds are people putting contracts into trusts or gratuitous transfers / adding a kid, those proportions are such that they don’t seem to have any need to run a promo to move their points on those ones.
By the way I peeked through all the WDW resorts and unsurprisingly I think, Disney reacquired Riviera the most, followed by CCV, VGF, SSR, AKV, and OKW.

So the three most recently in active sales followed by the three largest, albeit out of order. Some of this is ROFR, but mostly there’s a whole lotta foreclosin goin on. Although these numbers are much lower than when I did this during the pandemic.

facebook twitter