Jean's return to healthy living plan ( friends welcome anytime )

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your post in my journal. I needed that encouragement today.:hug:

I agree with what you said in your post. It is very important to find an exercise program that you love. It's easier to stick to that way!::yes:: Since you love running, I think that is a wonderful choice for you. I also think it is very wise of you to start slow and steady so that you don't get any injuries. ::yes::

You can do it Jean!:cheer2: I know you can!:teeth:

Have a great Wednesday!:sunny:

Tracy:wave2:

Your plan sounds really good. Steady and slow always wins the race. I would love to start running as well but my knees really bother me. Runners have such lean bodies. Keep us updated on your progress.:D

Hi Jean,

You sound really excited about running. that will help keep you motivated. Your plan sounds like a very smart approach. Just take it slow and listen to your body. Having a goal will also help. The WDW marathon in 3 yearsis great incentive.

Enjoy your training,
Beth

Jean, your new plan for getting back into running looks great! I wish you all the best in it. It's always great to be able to do something you enjoy and also reap wonderful benefits from it too! ::yes::

Hi Jean!

You sound like you are on your way!! You have a great plan. Slow and steady. Taking it slow and allowing your body to adjust. ::yes:: Sometimes, the hardest part is finding something we love to do, and you have done that! I wish I could love running. Who knows? If walking doesn't killing me in the next couple of months, I might be able to kick my butt into a jog. ;)
Have fun with your training! You are going to do GREAT!!

PS: I love your animated clipart. :)

Hi guys!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my WISH friends!

I am on vacation through next week so hopefully I can get some more consistency to my exercise program. I am up to 14 minutes of alternating walking/jogging. I walk for 5 minutes beforehand to warm up, then do my minutes, then do 5-10 minutes of stretching afterwards...I have to do this at night which stinks because I hate the cold but I went to a sporting goods store and bought some tights and a Nike running turtleneck top that I wear under my jacket. I also bought a new watch that has a timer function that I set for one minute, every minute it beeps so I know when to change from walking to jogging and vice versa. With my old watch I had to keep pressing the light button to check the time and it was a pain.

The last two days my right knee is a little sore. I ace wrapped it yesterday and it's better today. I was going to go out this evening after the turkey digested, but it was downpouring here and windy so I skipped and decided to read some journals instead. At least it isn't snow; we've had a few Thanksgiving Day blizzards in the past!

My weight has stayed around 150 for the most part. I haven't been weighing myself because I can tell how my jeans feel. I'm probably up a little because 14 or so minutes of cardio is alot less than the hour of Nordic Track and weights I was doing before, but I don't want to stress my joints with too much stuff at once.
I am planning to increase my time by 2 minutes each week, depending on how my body does, when I get to 20 minutes I will increase my jogging time and decrease my walking time gradually.
My program is even slower than the Couch to 5K program, but I need to listen to how I feel if I am to succeed.

My son has an interview for Yale tomorrow am, then in the afternoon I have to go to a wake for a co-worker's daughter. Very sad. I am going to fit in my run tomorrow evening. Saturday morning is the funeral. I hope to get a little housecleaning done later on in the day. It's funny...I always feel bloated with no energy and I eat lousy the 10 days or so leading up to TOM. Today, TOM is here and I have tons of energy...a good day to have energy when you're cooking Thanksgiving dinner, huh?

Take care everyone!:sunny:

Sorry about your co-worker's daughter. Was she young?

That is exciting news about your son. Good luck.

Hi Jean,

Your walk/run program sounds like it is working for you. Just keep listening to your body, and you'll be back in race shape in no time. How was DS interview. I got into Yale, but they didn't give me enough financial aide. I remember being so nervous before the inteview that I was sick. Not my best moment.

I hope you are having a great day,
Beth

Hi there!
I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I really like your approach to your run/walk program. I wish I had thought to incorporate a short amount of running when I started my walking program. Go slow and listen to your body! You are doing great!

Hi Jean,

I like your new walking/ jogging plan! Remember the saying, "Slow and steady wins the race." I think you are on track and doing a great job! Just remember to take it easy and listen to your body. (Okay... mom-mode over now. ;) )

I want to say thank you Jean for the posts in my journal. You always have kind and encouraging words for me and I appreciate you for that! :hug:

Have a wonderful Wednesday! :flower:

Tracy :wave:

Hi Jean,

I wanted to check in on you. How is the week off going? I bet you are getting tons done. I just wanted to thank you for your support this week. I am lucky to have found friends like you.
Beth

As they say, the best laid plans....I attended my 2nd funeral of the week today, for an uncle of my DH. He wasn't that close to him, but it chewed up two more days of my vacation. Oh well. I had hoped to have the house all cleaned and decorated, shopping done, cards ready to go out...barely got anything done in between ironing dark clothes! Now I'm going to be forced to run around like a nut to get stuff done the next few days...I may have to resort to ordering gift cards for people online, never did that before.

Thanks to everyone who wrote in my journal. I can say that I've gotten to some journals this week! :D There are still some that I want to read from the beginning and haven't had time yet, but eventually I will! I love reading about everyone's ups and downs. I swear it's therapy for us all to realize we are all in the same boat! Wouldn't it be great to meet for coffee someday? :chat:

Two funerals in one week? That would be enough to get anyone down!

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to accomplish everything you had hoped to. I hope things calm down for you now, remember, deep breaths... ;)

Jean, I'm just checking in to see how your running program is coming along. I hope you're still in the groove and adding those minutes! I'm glad you're starting slowly - so wise!

Has your son heard anything from Yale yet? Is this the university he's really hoping to get into?

Best wishes for a good Monday!

Hi Jean,

I know you are back at work. I hope all is well.
Beth

Hi Jean. Sorry about your loss. I hope all the rest of your holiday planning is working out ok. I had to resort to ordering from online too and my cards aren't done! I am making them New Year's cards instead to buy another week! How's that for making lemonaide out of lemons? Take care of yourself.

Hi guys!
Just wanted to check in and WISH you all a healthy New Year. My jogging program is coming along slowly and so far, no major aches or pains. I started out at 10 minutes total, one minute walking, one minute jogging. Now I'm up to 20 minutes total. Of course, the weather can mess up my plans as I don't want to run on icy roads, but I get out as soon as I can. I try for every other day, but it usually ends up 2-3 times a week. My weight is staying right around 150 right now, which is still 10 pounds down from where I started. I'm hoping to start increasing my amount of jogging next week by starting the Couch to 5K program which begins at a 20 minute level. I am just trying to be patient with myself and not rush things like I am apt to do in order to see immediate results. I don't want to injure myself and have to totally stop.

BTW, my DS didn't get into Yale. He was bummed for a little while because some of his friends got into their early action/decision schools, but Yale really wasn't his #1 choice; he applied there as a "stretch". So now we'll just wait patiently until April 1st for the rest of his schools.

Hope you all have a great New Year's. I am going to jog tomorrow bright and early and then work on my financial aid forms online. ( CSS and FAFSA ). I'm working on Sunday and the kids will be back from Grandma's.

Have a wonderful evening! :wave:

Happy New Years, Jean!
You are doing great with your walk/running workout. Good for you!! That slow approach is the perfect one to take! ::yes::

Have fun with those forms - I hope your son hears from his first choice school quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter