January 2008 Code Watch

Planning a Jan. trip - mostly at DVC but could sure use a code for the weekends at the beginning and end of our stay.:yay: :yay: :yay:

We will be there Jan. 4-9. We went this past Jan. and AP rates didn't come out until Nov. Here's hoping for a good rate!!!

FYI....there is another thread (that I'm on, cuz I want codes too) for January. Subscribe to that one, as I'm hoping someone will report them as soon as they come out!

I hope they come out with something good for Jan. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!! And checking back here often!!

Just FYI - I merged these threads for consistency.

Thanks!

Knox

Tried to book ASM FS from 12/31-01/05/08 none unavailable.:mad:
Hoping or some pixiedust:. Keeping fingers crossed and will check with CRO in case its opens. Have 5 in our group 3 being 15 years olds so 2 bathrooms would be great. Fridge and minifridge would come in handy too.:cheer2: :tinker:

our dates right now are Jnauary 19 through January 31st. we are gonna need some kind of great discount to pay for that let me tell you! :eek:

thinking abot doing split ressie with half time in Windsor Hills townhome and other half time renting points for SSR. I would happily switch that up if I could get a code that would be good for a resort that would hold all 6 of us. . .(5 and a baby under 2yrs.)

Any advice?

waiting and watching with the best of you, I mean we all know January is THE time to go!;)

We are planning a trip for 5 nights somewhere around January 6th-13th. Hoping for discounts. Obviously we will hit the marathon weekend a little. Will we have big crowds that weekend? Also, we were waiting for the 2008 package/room rates to come out before making our reservation so we don't have to cancel and rebook when they come out. Will we not have the availability we want if we wait to do that? Thanks.

We are planning a trip for 5 nights somewhere around January 6th-13th. Hoping for discounts. Obviously we will hit the marathon weekend a little. Will we have big crowds that weekend?

The Marathon weekend does get the hotels sold out but the parks are still fine as long as kids are back in school. This past year many districts didn't go back until the 8th so it was pretty crowded until then. In terms of booking the package we did room only and then switched to a package but this year I'm just waiting for packages to come out since you can't just switch a room only to a package anyway. In terms of discounts there is always something in January. The bigger issue is that they get booked up for marathon weekend so in order to get a discounted room you may need to be willing to be flexible on resorts. We couldn't get discounted rooms at PO-FQ so we switched up to AKL for not a huge price difference.

Yvonne

The Marathon weekend does get the hotels sold out but the parks are still fine as long as kids are back in school. This past year many districts didn't go back until the 8th so it was pretty crowded until then. In terms of booking the package we did room only and then switched to a package but this year I'm just waiting for packages to come out since you can't just switch a room only to a package anyway. In terms of discounts there is always something in January. The bigger issue is that they get booked up for marathon weekend so in order to get a discounted room you may need to be willing to be flexible on resorts. We couldn't get discounted rooms at PO-FQ so we switched up to AKL for not a huge price difference.

Yvonne

I went to Disney in Jan 04 to celebrate my DS's 3rd birthday. I was really surprised by how crowded the MK was on that Sat 1/10/04 -his actual birthday. It was one of the busiest I've ever seen that park. That was when both the 1/2 and full marathon was on Sunday. I think a lot of runners were at MK with their families on the Sat. I can see where now that they have the marathons on both weekend days it would change the crowd levels in the parks a bit.

I took DS to Disney as a special trip in Dec while we left his 2 sisters at home. We had our photo taken for Leave a Legacy at Epcot just I had done when I took just his older sister for her 7th birthday in May 06. But I never got the proof and when I called a few weeks ago to see what was going on they said the picture was lost. Now I'm thinking I just "HAVE" to take him for his 7th birthday i Jan 08 to get the Leave a Legacy photo retaken. We are going as a family in August but that just wouldn't be the same. ;) Then I'd have to take his younger sister in January 2010 for her 7th birthday.:rotfl:

Subscribing too!
We are disneymooning Jan 6-19!!! DF has never been and we can't wait!!! But, we desperately need a discount code!
When should we book our hotel? I'm concerned that with the marathon happening in the middle of our stay, we will have hotel availability issues. How long do we have before that becomes a concern?
Thanks!

If I can get discounts, we can go in 1/08 instead of 1/09. Trying to talk my husband into going one year earlier. Please help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter