JAMBO Everybody...An August 2011 TR (Completed May 13)

Wow, you really were sleepy, huh?!:lmao: Glad your iPod survived. I have been known to do similar things, so don't feel bad!

How awesome that you got upgraded! Looks like you had a wonderful view and some space to spread out, which I think would be very important since you were there for two weeks.

I just don't know how the CM would have gotten the wine tasting vibe from yall:rotfl:!

I wonder who the basket was from...such a thoughtful thing to do.

Sounds like the pixie dust is already flowing on this trip; can't wait to hear more about it!

I didn't realize it either until I felt cold liquid on my pants:lmao:

The pixie dust continued to flow....can't wait to tell you more!!

We are here!!! Can't wait to hear all about this amazing trip. How fun when you take new people. And I love the picture of Jeff, Jas and Mini Montana in the airport where both girls have one foot crossed over the other. You can tell the little one adores Jas!

I noticed that too!:love:

Loved your other TRs so I have to join in!! What a great start, looking forward to the rest of the adventure :)

I'm late but I made it! Great start to the TR! :thumbsup2

I'm loving all the details. From take off to checking in.

I like your Hoodie too! ;)

Score on the upgrade! How awesome to see a giraffe just outside your window.

Brightens my day, seeing all the smiles on everyone's faces.
Jeff's two thumbs up is very cute!
I agree that Jasmine is still very pretty even at 3am.

Seeing the begining pics of your trip is getting me so excitted about mine.

On this day next week, my vacation starts!
We will be driving to our hotel for the night and fly out first thing in the morning.
Not quite as early as you did.
I'm looking forward to using ME for the first time. Hope I don't get lost in the airport. :laughing:

How very sweet of someone to send you a basket.

Hey girl, glad you're here:hug: Your trip is right around the corner!! Wait until you see the new hoodie I bought when I was there!

My problem in the airport is I get distracted with all the shops and signs instead of paying attention to what I need to:lmao: It really was so sweet and such a surprise that someone would think to do that!!

Joining in! I didn't follow the PTR but I am looking forward to the TR.

Love the DVC rooms at AKL, they look so nice!

I'm happy you're joining us...welcome to the party!!! Aren't they gorgeous!

I just love AKV! There really is nothing like sitting out on the balcony and watching the giraffes! Smart move getting a lock off instead of a dedicated. Then you have your own entrance and your own kitchenette.

Couldn't agree more! I said to Jasmine that if we had stayed one more week I would have loved nothing more than to just relax at the resort! But alas, that wasn't going to happen:lmao: I love the lock off instead of a dedicated for those exact reasons...when everyone was up and ready we would open our connecting doors, it couldn't have worked better:thumbsup2

I have this picture in my mind of your head slowly starting to bob back and forth, back and forth.... A little more... A liiiiittlle mooorrreee.... Plop. Head down... Drink tips over... Head jerks up quickly and eyes snap open!

Were you on my plane...cause that's exactly how it looked:rotfl2:

Oh, and I'm sure you were the only one with that look on your face. Someday Disney's going to figure out a way to trademark that look and make money off it. :laughing:

Come to think of it, I'm surprised no one has thought of that yet!

:cool1: Ya gotta love the pixie dust!

It doesn't get any better let me tell you!

I have a hunch on this one... we'll see if I'm right.

Hmmm, we'll see!!

Awww... that's really nice. Looking forward to the next update! :goodvibes

Alright, time to get this started! We were fortunate enough to travel once again with my sister and her family for a fun filled 2 week stay at the Happiest Place On Earth! We were there from August 21 - September 3, we stayed at AKL in a 2 bedroom villa which we loved, once again, beyond belief! I have grown to love AKL (SSR was my favorite and is still a close second) especially the homey feel that it has. My sister and her hubby bought into DVC in 2008 and we took our first DVC vacation with them in 2009!

What she really means is "we became leeches thanks to the generosity of my wonderful sister and her husband and children":lmao:

Honey, you can call us whatever you want, I told you that, as long as you continue to let us tag along!!!

We have a tradtion before we leave on our vacation and that tradition is going to our local steakhouse, The Keg! It's something we've done since 1998 on our first trip...it's as much a part of our vacation as getting there! This year our Dad and Geodoc's mom joined us, along with 2 of Peg and Geodoc's friends who love Disney as much as we do!! They are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met and hope we can get together soon to chat all about this trip!

That was fun and they said they would love to do it again soon. The only problem was because we ate so well it was very hard to get to sleep.

We'll go earlier next time!

I looked at the girls and said "Well, it looks like we're all here and they said yup...when Jeff popped into the limo and said "hey, what are you guys doing in my limo?" I wish I could have captured the look on MM's face! Her mouth literally dropped open and her eyes were as wide as saucers. It brought happy tears to my eyes, I knew all the fun times they were going to have with Jeff!

That was pretty funny!
[We were flying United to Chicago then Chicago to Orlando! I was trying to keep my flight nerves in check, but I'm not gonna lie to you, a drink would have helped!

The ones who really need a drink are the ones that are flying with you:scared1:

Come now Peg, I've been worse,..I thought I was quite mello on this one!

I have more to add about the crazy lady but will wait for my pictures. In the picture of Jasmine and Jeff by the plane in Winnipeg you can see me at the top of the stairs happy I have made it up the stairs without me falling through them:scared1:

You have pictures????popcorn:: I just realized that was you at the top of the stairs...never noticed that before!!!

I will have more comments and hopefully some of my pictures but right now I have laundry and cleaning and a week ahead of kids in school and activities starting I have to get ready for. Hopefully will be back later for a coffee break!

There were spiders this trip too...just not like last! Smaller ones on our balcony so only Jeff and I enjoyed the balcony...Jasmine admired it from afar:lmao:[/QUOTE]

Smart girl! :thumbsup2

I did notice that and thought it was pretty funny, of course Pooksma is a pretty funny gal:rotfl2:You too:rotfl2:

Why thank you! I forgot about Queen's drink spilling incident on the plane. It reminded me of mine on the flight from Portland to Atlanta except my was my coffee. Luckily it had cooled by then. :rotfl2:

The more pictures I see of AKV, the more I fall in love with the resort. I love the theme of the room and all the amazing views. And those bath tiles! I've never seen them before, so thank you for sharing. :thumbsup2

WOW!!! From page 4 to 7 overnight!! :dance3:
AKV looks amazing!!! :banana:

Now we have our answer to JAMBO!! :goodvibes Good Title!!

Can't wait to hear more!! :surfweb:

Debbie

YIPPEE for AKL:yay:!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed there a couple of years ago and I just :love: it - especially Boma and Jiko being right at our fingertips!! Our family had a little pixie dust too by being upgraded from a standard view to Savannah.... I spent a lot of time on my balcony with a cup of coffee! However, I made sure my hubby wiped out any evidence of spiders before I went out there :lmao:! Can't wait to read more!!

I LOVE the tiles in the shower!! I want that for my own bathroom :goodvibes

I have never been to AKL, but we are eating there at Jiko this time around and I cant wait to see it in person!

Queen, although we are staying Kidani and not Jambo, your pictures have me more excited than I can even say that we will be there two weeks from today. And I will try to remember when we go to Boma to take a picture in the lobby or somewhere at Jambo so we can say "hello" to you and we wish you were there with us. And hooray for an upgrade to a savannah view.

The kids look so excited. And I can't wait to hear about your special delivery and your first meal.

Hope your shopping trip went well! It must be nice to be able to go down to the U.S occasionally to shop. Your shopping trips sound like these shopping trips my mom and i take to wisconsin (we live about as close to the wisconsin boarder as you guys do to the U.S boarder). It's nice being able to go someplace different from your normal routine and check things out over there. anyway back to the trip report. Yay that you were able to find everything ok. We have never taken magical express but i do know that it is very easy to get lost in that airport while trying to find the car rental place or the magical express center. Cute how excited jeff was about being on the bus and then about getting to the resort. I love seeing new people's reactions to disney. My brother and his fiancee are going to disney in december for their honeymoon and he is defintely the disney veteran out of the two of them. She has been to disney a couple of times but has missed doing a couple of fundamental things like she only got to spend a couple of hours in the magic kingdom on both trips combined. my brother is making this trip about doing everything she wants to do in disney and hasn't gotten to yet. It is really cute hearing them talk about their trip. anyway back to your TR. I love the pic of all the kids outside the AKL. They all look super happy to be there. Also nice that you had a great check in person. Love the towel mickey as well. Can't wait to find out who the package was from.

I am so so happy you got upgraded to a savanna view!!! Awesome, is it not?? AKV is one of my fav places in the world!! Can't wait to hear about the basket and first meal.

The most popular girl on DISboards strikes again!!! Im here, Im late - but ready for action. I was *shocked* to see that you had taken two pictures especially for me :)

XXOO

I finally made it over :cool1:. I am loving your pictures. I have never been lucky enough to get an upgrade at a resort, not even during birthdays or anniversary trips........oh well, maybe someday :lmao:. Anyway, back to your trip, so far it looks magical and I can't wait to read and see more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter