Island of Pinel

Tylerandalliesmom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this St martin excursion on their own? How difficult is it? Any idea about prices to and from the boat to the ferry? 0r ferry prices?

Hi there - I can tell you more about Pinel when I give you a call (got your email this week..) We went to Pinel Island last year on a land only vacation to St. Maarten. We were there for a week and spent a half day or so at Pinel. It was nice. We came from Simpson Bay, so I don't know how long it takes to get there from Phillipsburg, but imagine it is 45 mins or so. When you arrive, you take what looks like a refugee boat over to Pinel Island - it was cheap to take the ferry - and they squeeze you in like sardines. It is only about 10 minutes to get there. When you arrive, there are chairs and umbrellas. There is a charge - I'll have to ask DH if he remembers how much. You just walk up and claim one and they'll come over and collect your $$. There was good snorkeling, nice to lounge around. There was another side to Pinel, which we didn't know about until after we left, where there was supposed to be amazing coral. Wish we had known. It is a relaxing getaway, nice beach.

DH went with DCL but says that it was a 20 minute ride to the ferry & then it took 5 minutes to get to the island. He really enjoyed it. He says that the water was calm. No idea about taxi prices though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter