Is your state running out of gas?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Just saw that several states have declared a state of emergency due to running out of gas as a result of the pipeline hack. I’m sitting here thinking that we, as a country, just cannot seem to get our act together. This is ridiculous, scary and inexcusable in today’s day and age.

Is your state experiencing this?

I don't think so.

I guess I'm out of the loop? The gas line got hacked? And where? So you can't fill up your car anywhere? How scary. :(

SC here. In my town at least 25% of gas stations are out as of this morning. The others have lines beyond lines of people waiting to get gas. I think if the media didn't create a frenzy and people didn't panic hoard gas, we'd be fine. But here we are, it's this year's toilet paper craze I guess.

Driving around this morning, there were no issues and one gas station had increased its prices about $1.00 a gallon. By this afternoon, I saw several gas stations with no gas, and the ones that did had lines that backed up onto the road. I'm just north of Atlanta.

Driving around this morning, there were no issues and one gas station had increased its prices about $1.00 a gallon. By this afternoon, I saw several gas stations with no gas, and the ones that did had lines that backed up onto the road. I'm just north of Atlanta.
1 dollar a gallon. Whew what a leap

The Chinese Russian North Korean Hackers strike again!

Then the brilliant hoarders step in to make sure it is a problem.

185196672_2833004793680229_9068087918821601674_n.jpeg

American Airlines has started adding fuel stops to some flights out of Charlotte as a way to conserve what jet fuel is available. So that flight from CTL-HNL might actually end up going CTL-DFW-HNL.

Colonial plans to have the pipeline back up and working in less than a week.

Will be enjoying my electric car even more for the next few weeks.

Upstate SC here and lots of spots out of gas. I filled up yesterday and so glad I did...I was running on fumes anyway.

Not in California of course. However, we use our own fuel blend and are generally reliant on Central Valley oil sent by a different pipeline operator and Alaskan crude shipped by tanker.

The issue here isn't that they'll run out of fuel immediately. The way it works is that the local fuel "depot" is filled several ways, but by pipeline is the fastest, cheapest, and (usually) most reliable. They might still be able to ship by rail tankers, sea tankers, and trucks. But that's a lot more work. Preferably truckers are only doing short trips from these fuel depots to gas stations.

I believe that it hasn't stopped fuel depots from operating if they still have fuel. But this pipeline moves up to 2.5 million barrels of fuel per day and eventually they're going to run out. The biggest issue may possibly be with airports. A lot of airports are directly serviced by pipelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter