• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is your state running out of gas?

I am in Georgia. Just by luck I got gas on Saturday morning for the first time since January. I am in WFH mode and everything I do is within a few miles of the house. The few times we have ventured truly out of the area it has been in my husband's car.

He has been down in Central Florida for over a week now helping his mom with some things. At this rate, he may not be getting home from Orlando to north of Atlanta as he had hoped on Friday or Saturday. He cannot make the trip on a single tank (not by much, but still cannot do it). So, I am not sure how this will impact his situation. Hopefully it will be brought online again soon.

They learned well during the great TP panic of 2020.
There have been runs on gas in prior years usually around hurricanes in the gulf.

Several years ago school got canceled for half a week as a way to save diesel for the farmers when there was a flood or hurricane that took out several refineries.

People don’t do well with the threat of shortages.

People here are panic buying.

But, we have been reminded today that our gas comes from local refineries, and they are not affected by the pipeline which does cross our state.

Fortunately, I got gas over the weekend. I should be good until the panic is over.

A few stations in our area (No. VA) have run out. I resisted the urge to run out and fill up Sunday when I first heard the news. I will need gas next week; hopefully will be fixed by then.

Nope. Price is up, but plenty. But in California and our gas is special, so we shouldn't be impacted. But working from home I am using very little gas.

Our Governor (VA) has called for a state of emergency.

Where I work at we all had to take turned to go get fuel for our trucks and some gas stations were closed.

IMy car is a diesel and I had to fill up anyway Sunday.

People get all scared and panic buy.

A few stations in our area (No. VA) have run out. I resisted the urge to run out and fill up Sunday when I first heard the news. I will need gas next week; hopefully will be fixed by then.
They are trying to get the system fully running by Friday.

As far as I know, there is no physical damage anywhere.

Central NC here, cars lined up into the street causing traffic issues. Prices from 2.76 to 2.99, a couple of stations on the drive home closed.

Brings back the visions of gas lines back in the late 70's. You got to buy gas based on the last number of your license plate. Odds on odd days, evens on even days.

I remember that and it sucked. Had to get up at the crack of dawn unless you wanted to be 50 cars back in the line. And cars then didn't get good gas mileage like they do now.

People here are panic buying.

But, we have been reminded today that our gas comes from local refineries, and they are not affected by the pipeline which does cross our state.

Fortunately, I got gas over the weekend. I should be good until the panic is over.

The price might still be affected by panic demand. The other issue is that there's only limited storage near refineries. At a certain point they might need to reduce output because there's no place to store it. And perhaps reduce deliveries of crude oil, even if it comes from a different pipeline or by ship. This is a huge logistics nightmare.

Also in CA, so not affected by supply. But I’m sure will be on gas. Thankfully not going too many places these days, so it won’t really be a problem until our road trip to Disneyland.

There have been runs on gas in prior years usually around hurricanes in the gulf.

Several years ago school got canceled for half a week as a way to save diesel for the farmers when there was a flood or hurricane that took out several refineries.

People don’t do well with the threat of shortages.

Oh - I've been in Florida once before a storm hit the Miami area. I hadn't really driven too much before the storm hit, but there were long lines at gas station although none seemed to have inflated prices. I figured it would be best to top off just in case gas was limited available due to gas station (or delivery infrastructure) damage.

They are trying to get the system fully running by Friday.

As far as I know, there is no physical damage anywhere.

They can generally run these pipes manually, but it's kind of like our public transit system when they have to do that due to computer system problems. They simply slow down to a crawl because so much of the logistics are automated.

East Tennessee- reports of a few gas stations running out. I went to fill up before I knew what was going on (I was at 1/8 of a tank). First station was out; second station had lots of people filling up their cans.

I remember that and it sucked. Had to get up at the crack of dawn unless you wanted to be 50 cars back in the line. And cars then didn't get good gas mileage like they do now.

I was in college. We went to my roommates house one weekend and needed gas with the wrong license plate number coming home. So did a bunch of other people spending the night in a Stucky's parking lot. It turned into a great party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter