Is This Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet look how quick everybody was to decide that was "the" Gracie and start criticizing the company - which has been around for at least seven years (so all the theme parks have to know they exist, and what they do). If we didn't jump to conclusions, some of us wouldn't get any exercise ;).

This was due to the OP stating that her mother recognized the woman in the photo. The company also confirmed that she used to work for them and her profile is still on their website.

Last edited:
Well as I said, I only saw that one misspelling. The owner/webmaster seems very receptive. I'm sure he'd fix any errors you submit. Not everyone can be perfect.

Dentam said:
Nope, not in the reviews. I just don't put a lot of faith in any company that can't edit its website for proper spelling and grammar.

Well as I said, I only saw that one misspelling. The owner/webmaster seems very receptive. I'm sure he'd fix any errors you submit. Not everyone can be perfect.

I never said anyone can be perfect. I stated that a company that has multiple spelling mistakes throughout their website is not one I'd view very highly. Pretty sure this is business 101. Kind of like dressing professionally for an interview... you put your best foot forward and make sure you are presenting yourself professionally.

I never said anyone can be perfect. I stated that a company that has multiple spelling mistakes throughout their website is not one I'd view very highly. Pretty sure this is business 101. Kind of like dressing professionally for an interview... you put your best foot forward and make sure you are presenting yourself professionally.
Not everyone can spell every word correctly. If you don't know something is wrong you don't know it needs to be fixed.

Again, Elite's owner/webmaster seems receptive. Spelling corrections would likely be more beneficial than just pointing out there are mistakes. There's contact information on the Elite website.

Not everyone can spell every word correctly. If you don't know something is wrong you don't know it needs to be fixed.

Again, Elite's owner/webmaster seems receptive. Spelling corrections would likely be more beneficial than just pointing out there are mistakes. There's contact information on the Elite website.

If they wanted to pay me to edit their website, then sure. Otherwise it's their responsibility and their website is the first thing customers will see and use to form a first impression of their company.

If they wanted to pay me to edit their website, then sure. Otherwise it's their responsibility and their website is the first thing customers will see and use to form a first impression of their company.
Why? They're not criticizing it. Rereading the site I did notice one typo and the ubiquitously annoying DIS-favorite "dinning". On the other hand, convenience - which is so inconvenient for so many people to get right - is perfect.

Why? They're not criticizing it. Rereading the site I did notice one typo and the ubiquitously annoying DIS-favorite "dinning". On the other hand, convenience - which is so inconvenient for so many people to get right - is perfect.

Sorry, I'm not following you here... not sure what point you're trying to make.

And besides the misspelling there's a clear attempt to fool Google with outdated SEO methods that no longer work. When the site loads there's an intentional misspelling of the word Disney(as well as a properly spelled version) under the main picture. It's a poorly veiled attempt to get the benefit of the word Disney without any sort of trademark issues. That's more than a little shady.

Regarding typos and errors on their website, there are many. From the Home page:

" Ultimate List of their favorite sites, attractions, hotels, & restaurants!"
Should be "sights".

"This is a great oppurtunity to interact Directly with the staff who will be guiding your vacation! "
Opportunity is mis-spelled, Directly is incorrectly capitalized.

"Planning a dream vacation can be very stressful and nerve racking. "

Should be "wracking".

When you are creating a website that is representing a professional enterprise, spelling and grammar are of paramount importance. I consider well-written content to show the kind of attention to detail I expect from a company I'm hiring. A slapdash site with errors makes me think that's the kind of service they offer.

When you are creating a website that is representing a professional enterprise, spelling and grammar are of paramount importance. I consider well-written content to show the kind of attention to detail I expect from a company I'm hiring. A slapdash site with errors makes me think that's the kind of service they offer.

Exactly. :thumbsup2

Building on that idea, I think it would be better if the owner were to post versus an employee. It would seem more professional.

Jessika stated she is the manager of the company. I think it's very appropriate for her to respond. Believe it or not, there are many companies mentioned on this board that have employees who are watching the boards as reps of the company. When you call Disney with a complaint or question, do expect Bob Iger to respond to you?

I'm not exactly sure how this tour company got dragged into this. The OP has now mentioned several times that "Gracie" never mentioned she worked for this company. Whether you agree with what they are doing or not, it appears they had nothing to do with OP's mom's tour, so I think dragging their name through the mud when they have no connection with this incident is quite unfair.

Regarding typos and errors on their website, there are many. From the Home page:

" Ultimate List of their favorite sites, attractions, hotels, & restaurants!"
Should be "sights".

"This is a great oppurtunity to interact Directly with the staff who will be guiding your vacation! "
Opportunity is mis-spelled, Directly is incorrectly capitalized.

"Planning a dream vacation can be very stressful and nerve racking. "

Should be "wracking".

So don't hire them!!! Some WDW newbies might find their services valuable. How did this thread regarding "Gracie" turn into bashing a company that had nothing to do with her tour?

I'm not exactly sure how this tour company got dragged into this. The OP has now mentioned several times that "Gracie" never mentioned she worked for this company. Whether you agree with what they are doing or not, it appears they had nothing to do with OP's mom's tour, so I think dragging their name through the mud when they have no connection with this incident is quite unfair.

Once again - the company has confirmed that Gracie worked for them and the OP's mom identified her based on the photo online. That is how they were "dragged" into this. They may have no connection with her now, but that is how their company name was brought into the discussion.

They got dragged into it because her picture and name were on their site and the OP's mother recognized her from that picture that matched with the name she gave. Notice I used past tense as since this thread started she suddenly no longer works for them. Not shady at all when suddenly they come on and do damage control and all their profiles and pictures suddenly disappear. Yep, I'm sure this company is totally on the up and up, I'm sure they aren't bending the rules at all. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's most likely a duck.

Anyhow it doesn't really matter to me nor most of the posters here because we wouldn't pay money for something that we can do for free. We aren't the suckers they are looking for.

Last edited:
So don't hire them!!! Some WDW newbies might find their services valuable. How did this thread regarding "Gracie" turn into bashing a company that had nothing to do with her tour?

Because many here think the company looks shady and we have a right to voice our opinion? I think "bashing" is overstating it.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but these opinions are based on such kurfuddled and passed-down information that can really hurt a legitimate business. Everyone is playing the part of the villagers with the pitchforks and not one person, literally not one, on this board has ever even used the company. They've taken the time to reach out. There are kinder ways to voice your opinion about their presentation that can be helpful to everyone. Even OP doesn't seem concerned about the company itself, and I think it's great that they've reached out on here and given everyone a forum to express opinions directly to them. Gracie was probably let go for the exact unethical behavior that has everyone crying foul. So they're taking care of business! Good on ya, guys. Jessika, thank you for coming on here and attempting some damage control :]

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but these opinions are based on such kurfuddled and passed-down information that can really hurt a legitimate business. Everyone is playing the part of the villagers with the pitchforks and not one person, literally not one, on this board has ever even used the company. They've taken the time to reach out. There are kinder ways to voice your opinion about their presentation that can be helpful to everyone. Even OP doesn't seem concerned about the company itself, and I think it's great that they've reached out on here and given everyone a forum to express opinions directly to them. Gracie was probably let go for the exact unethical behavior that has everyone crying foul. So they're taking care of business! Good on ya, guys. Jessika, thank you for coming on here and attempting some damage control :]

How do you know that no one on the boards has used the company? Also, I don't believe the comments about the spelling errors on their website were unkind - that's simply an observation that anyone reading their site would notice.

You don't think that if one of these posters had used the company they would have stated as such? I mean specifically on this post, not all of disboards. I apologize for being unclear.

Jessika stated she is the manager of the company. I think it's very appropriate for her to respond. Believe it or not, there are many companies mentioned on this board that have employees who are watching the boards as reps of the company. When you call Disney with a complaint or question, do expect Bob Iger to respond to you?

I never said it was inappropriate for her to respond. I said I think it would be better, seem more professional, if the owner were to post.

And of course I don't expect Bob Iger to respond to a question or complaint I may have with Disney. It's a huge company. This tour company is not. Which goes back to my original post, especially where small businesses are concerned, I think it goes a long way towards positive customer relations when the owner of a company takes the time to reach out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter