Is This Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it was inappropriate for her to respond. I said I think it would be better, seem more professional, if the owner were to post.

And of course I don't expect Bob Iger to respond to a question or complaint I may have with Disney. It's a huge company. This tour company is not. Which goes back to my original post, especially where small businesses are concerned, I think it goes a long way towards positive customer relations when the owner of a company takes the time to reach out.

I think someone (especially if they are management) is familiar with the disboards and would understand the abbreviations and lingo, it would make more sense to delegate to them. ESPECIALLY since you all have been provided with contact info to get in touch with the owner directly.

To all those crying foul because she just created her account today, would you honestly use your own personal account that you are affiliated with to conduct damage control on a post that is attacking your company? I would not. Everyone is already hunting down personal facebooks and websites...I, too, would try to maintain a strictly professional persona that doesn't have to interfere with my future personal interactions. If she ever wanted to post on here again, as herself, she would be thought of in this context.

You don't think that if one of these posters had used the company they would have stated as such? I mean specifically on this post, not all of disboards.

I don't know - it just seems like an assumption based on no facts. Kind of similar to what others here are being accused of doing.

I don't know - it just seems like an assumption based on no facts. Kind of similar to what others here are being accused of doing.

My apologies for coming off as ignorant. The point I was trying to emphasize is that not even the OP used the company. I'm not one for debate, but I'm frustrated that this company is getting such a huge attack when even the OP said, I don't think that Gracie was associated with a company at the time. I'm not referring specifically to you by any means. Pointing out spelling errors does not a villain make :]

QUOTE="Dentam, post: 54449059, member: 544734"]If they wanted to pay me to edit their website, then sure.[/QUOTE]

:) That's how I feel about rundisney now. If they want to look like fools by spelling "silver" as "sliver", they can go for it without me trying to help them out.

And besides the misspelling there's a clear attempt to fool Google with outdated SEO methods that no longer work. When the site loads there's an intentional misspelling of the word Disney(as well as a properly spelled version) under the main picture.

Ooh interesting; you have to be *watching* it load to see that.

For a company to have a whole page of employee profiles load, when some of those employees don't work there anymore, is just crazy. When I was planning my wedding and hiring vendors, I had one rule IF you have a website, it needs to be a GOOD website. I would have rather hired a company with NO web presence (and my florist had no website) than a *bad* web presence.

So I'm sensing that most people posting are feeling bitter that aside from offering an unethical discount, we feel we could do a much better job. This is something we often do for our friends for free, so everyone is like "Hey, I could be making $450 to tour people around Disney! Why don't I have that job?"

Seriously, send your brother to the "Why don't they listen thread?" and we now know the answer is because they can pay a ridiculous amount to be walked around the day of.

Touring plans is a much better value for basically the same service. It's amazing how much people are willing to pay for a human presence.

I see some new attractions for Innoventions!! "Turning a Molehill into a Fake Mountain" and "Junior Detectives, Police Academy Style" :rolleyes:

Maybe some of you are taking this a little too far?? Stalking facebook pages?? Disparaging companies who could very well be completely legitimate?

Folks thanks for your contributions to the thread which have been helpful and courteous.
As this is a matter for the OP and Disney, and has named a CM, the thread is being closed.

Please note there should be no further discussions on the board related to this topic, as per DIS board guidelines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts