Is This Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP here...Thanks for letting us know this woman's employment information. My brother, his neighbor, or my mom never mentioned Elite as the company that they used. Your company just seems to pop up when you google "Gracie" :) I'm still not sure how she managed to get a 35% off discount if she's not employed by Disney? I would think that you need some sort of cast member discount to get this.
I believe she must be using someone else who is a cast member but I can not say for sure. We would never condone the use of cast member discounts as it is something strictly against Disney policy

OP here...Thanks for letting us know this woman's employment information. My brother, his neighbor, or my mom never mentioned Elite as the company that they used. Your company just seems to pop up when you google "Gracie" :) I'm still not sure how she managed to get a 35% off discount if she's not employed by Disney? I would think that you need some sort of cast member discount to get this.
The owner would like to speak to you directly to clear up any misunderstandings and help ease this situation. The office number is 407-380-5831 or you can email him at the email address already provided

So these cast members must really not be smart. There's another person on the website who's a tour guide named "Jessika" ( a very odd spelling :) But on the "Elite Orlando VIP Tours" Facebook page you can find her real name under a review. Her real name is Jessica H. ( I won't put her full name here). Her Facebook page says that she works at this tour company as well as Hollywood Studios. The Facebook page for this company makes claims for the tour group getting you out of wait times etc. I'm guessing this tour guide is full of moonlighting cast members.
I am Jessika and I'm sorry that the spelling of my name bothers you but it is how my mother chose to spell it. Yes I am a former cast member. I keep good ties with Disney and follow all the guidelines and rules set forth in the Disney contract and training as do the other guides with our company. If they can not do so they are let go.

The owner would like to speak to you directly to clear up any misunderstandings and help ease this situation. The office number is 407-380-5831 or you can email him at the email address already provided

Wouldn't it be better for the owner to speak to someone that was actually there??

Wouldn't it be better for the owner to speak to someone that was actually there??
We don't actually know who was there. All we know is what has been posted. If there is a way for the people who were actually involved in this "tour" to contact us it would be greatly appreciated and we would love to speak with them.

I'll give props to Jessika. She has been answering everyone's questions forthrightly and courteously. She has provided verifiable contact information and imo is representing her employer well.
Thank you for that. I am posting on behalf of the owner because I already had an account with disboards. He is very aware of everything that is being said and completely available for anyone who wishes to speak with him.

OP here. I don't think the Elite tour group is really a part of this. I don't think that "Gracie " said she was with a group. Her name was just passed to the neighbor from her boss who had used her before. So it's not like the group cares about Elite at all? I only came on here and posted because from the discounts this Gracie was giving and her stating that she was a CM on her day off I thought it was something Disney would frown upon very very much. If a person is not employed by Disney and they want to be tour guides more power to them. I do think there's a good bit of false advertisement on the Facebook page though. Posting a picture of a 300 minute Anna and Elsa wait and saying if you just book with a tour group you won't have this is false. Unless they just continuously look for fast passes for you kind of like Disney Dining buddy does. Or if they stand and hold your place in a line which is what one of the reviews says the tour company does. I do think that's a rude practice if this is true. But I also hate when families do that. One person waiting for you and then having a party of 5 people shove past you is so annoying.

OP here. I don't think the Elite tour group is really a part of this. I don't think that "Gracie " said she was with a group. Her name was just passed to the neighbor from her boss who had used her before. So it's not like the group cares about Elite at all? I only came on here and posted because from the discounts this Gracie was giving and her stating that she was a CM on her day off I thought it was something Disney would frown upon very very much. If a person is not employed by Disney and they want to be tour guides more power to them. I do think there's a good bit of false advertisement on the Facebook page though. Posting a picture of a 300 minute Anna and Elsa wait and saying if you just book with a tour group you won't have this is false. Unless they just continuously look for fast passes for you kind of like Disney Dining buddy does. Or if they stand and hold your place in a line which is what one of the reviews says the tour company does. I do think that's a rude practice if this is true. But I also hate when families do that. One person waiting for you and then having a party of 5 people shove past you is so annoying.

I learned a lot in this thread, I learned there are some pretty shady businesses out there. And I do find it interesting that Gracie no longer works for them yet her name was on the site yesterday and suddenly she is no longer their employee. Then a current employee comes on and says since she has a disboards profile she is commenting, only the profile was made today, her boss could have easily did the same. The whole thing is shady and I think it's sad that companies make money off of ignorant people.

I learned a lot in this thread, I learned there are some pretty shady businesses out there. And I do find it interesting that Gracie no longer works for them yet her name was on the site yesterday and suddenly she is no longer their employee. Then a current employee comes on and says since she has a disboards profile she is commenting, only the profile was made today, her boss could have easily did the same. The whole thing is shady and I think it's sad that companies make money off of ignorant people.

:thumbsup2 Yep, and that was sort of my point earlier. Something sure smells funny.

I know if my boss asked me to post on behalf of the company (and he would) that I would start a new profile. Frankly I would prefer to be the one posting, especially if it was a site I was familiar with. This might seem like a big deal on Dis and certainly is important enough to get their attention. But this isn't some widespread business failing catastrophe that demands the business owner drop everything. That's sometimes what employees are for. And while this is not positive for them, we aren't their target customers.

As far as the profiles page, that it's an old link is a completely plausible explanation. Happens regularly and in this case when you google search the company (instead of Gracie), a page comes up that has no profiles, lending credence to this explanation.

Lastly, as far as how they market on their FB page. Sure, they probably aren't getting people in to A&E regularly when there's a 300 min wait or they're having the customer linejump. Kinda like when you see a Disney piece picturing 7DMT saying Reserve Your Ride. Yeah, it's just that easy. If we never purchased anything from companies that skew their marketing, well, we'd never buy anything at all.

Last edited:
Just looked at their website - lots of spelling errors all over the place. Seems sketchy to me.
"Oppurtunity" and a few punctuation errors are all I found. I didn't read the reviews, but any language arts errors there can't be attributed to the website.
OP here. I don't think the Elite tour group is really a part of this. I don't think that "Gracie " said she was with a group. Her name was just passed to the neighbor from her boss
Yet look how quick everybody was to decide that was "the" Gracie and start criticizing the company - which has been around for at least seven years (so all the theme parks have to know they exist, and what they do). If we didn't jump to conclusions, some of us wouldn't get any exercise ;).
I've read the website, I don't see anything shady.

"Oppurtunity" and a few punctuation errors are all I found. I didn't read the reviews, but any language arts errors there can't be attributed to the website.

Nope, not in the reviews. I just don't put a lot of faith in any company that can't edit its website for proper spelling and grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter