Is there only the 1 set of elevators in BWV?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
Just wondering if the elevators off the lobby are the only ones at BWV - I'm thinking of trying for the BW view, but was wondering what's the quickest way to the BW itself. I've only stayed near the elevators on the 3rd floor and taken the longggggg walk to explore. I don't think I ever made it as far as the BW view part of the resort.

Are there stairs nearby the BW view end of the building? My DH and I don't mind taking stairs as we always just use the stairs when staying at the AS's or Pop.

There is only 1 bank of elevators, near the front desk. Someone brought that up at one of the annual meetings I attended, they said there was no way to add more but that they would keep it in mind for future resorts. When they built BCV, they did put more in and it's a smaller building!

There are steps throughout the floors (actually fire escapes), there is one at the far end near Jellyrolls.

There are lots of stairways scattered throughout the resort. My DH and I only take the elevator if our guests have strollers or for other reasons can't do stairs.

No mattter where your room may be, there will always be "stairway shortcuts" to the places you want to go - one of the the pools or hot tubs, the Boardwalk, the path to MGM, Community Hall, the parking lot, the main entrance, etc. In fact, the only place I can think of (besides the lobby) for which the elevators are the way to go is the laundry room, LOL.

Best wishes -

When we stay at the BWV we usually walk around onthe outside and then take the stairway to our floor. I don't know how this would work if you have a Boardwalk view as I've never had this view. :earsgirl:

Judy

There are no stairs from the boardwalk side. The stairs come out in the back. I know the ones at the far end come out on the canal side near Jellyrolls back.

The lack of elevators is a drawback, however I've never waited very long for an elevator when staying there. I am glad they corrected this shortcoming when building BCVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter