Is the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary back in service?

wammers2003

Mouseketeer
Is the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary back in service and if not, is there a timeline anyone is aware of?

Thank you!

It wasn't running when I stayed at Ft. Wilderness in April. Actually all the of the information about the blue flag launches was gone.

It will be a mess if they don't have it up and running by the time Hoop Dee Doo re-opens in late June.

And I seriously miss Marty the singing boat captain. He seemed to do the late night blue flag route. I wonder if he retired....

We asked in November when that route might return and were told it's out-of-service indefinitely.

The tone and expression of the skipper led me to suspect there are no plans to bring it back.

Its not up and running....This is one of our favorite things to do when staying at WLV... especially early morning.... Hope it returns for our September trip this year

Why do you think that? Won't most guests be coming from MK via the direct MK to FW boat anyway? Or did the CR to FW/WL boat carry a lot of HDD guests as well?
I've been staying at Fort Wilderness for years. I think a ton of Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge guests visited for the dinner show and recreation opportunities. The blue flag boats were never empty in the evenings.

I've been staying at Fort Wilderness for years. I think a ton of Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge guests visited for the dinner show and recreation opportunities. The blue flag boats were never empty in the evenings.
I didn’t realize the numbers were so large coming from CR and WL. We’ve enjoyed that boat route too. I guess that the WL guests will at least have the direct bus to FW, but the CR guests will have to walk to the MK boat dock?

I didn’t realize the numbers were so large coming from CR and WL. We’ve enjoyed that boat route too. I guess that the WL guests will at least have the direct bus to FW, but the CR guests will have to walk to the MK boat dock?
That would be the easiest way if you are staying at CR. Go to MK and boat. Or you could monorail to MK

We asked about this in March and we were told that the issue is a shortage of captains. With covid, many just called it a day and hung up their captain's hats. We were told they were actively recruiting and training a large number of new captains and that is the reason those routes are not up and running yet (but were expected to be at some point this year).

We asked about this in March and we were told that the issue is a shortage of captains. With covid, many just called it a day and hung up their captain's hats. We were told they were actively recruiting and training a large number of new captains and that is the reason those routes are not up and running yet (but were expected to be at some point this year).
On the Grand Floridian & Poly boat last week, the ‘driver’ said she received 6 days training for boat handling… I wasn’t sure if I should be impressed or concerned!

That would be the easiest way if you are staying at CR. Go to MK and boat. Or you could monorail to MK
Ummm, no, don't get on the monorail to go to MK! It'll be a 40-45 minute ride since the monorail goes CR-TTC-Poly-GF and then to MK.

It's only a 15-minute walk from CR to the MK, by far the easiest way to get to the FtW boat dock.

Reviving this thread. Is the WL/contemporary boat still down? Any word on if it will return?

Any word on if it will return?
It's been reported that the general manager at the Contemporary doesn't want to pay for it (the three resorts WL, CR, FW would share the cost). I don't think there's been any confirmation of that, so take it as a rumor, not as fact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter