Is Sea World Orlando trying to become the number one amusement park this year?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When I was watching vintage commercials on Youtube I noticed that Sea World of Orlando is now becoming the number one amusement park this summer. Because I saw a new commercial advertising a new deal that they just put out for the summer and the commercial advertises a new roller coaster that has just opened and just by seeing this commercial it tells me that Sea World Of Orlando is gonna make Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando lose their audience. Has Sea World Of Orlando improved themselves to become better?

Sea World has done an amazing job of reinventing itself after years of controversy and problems with their animals and shows. It really has transformed into a roller coaster park! But it's still just a one-day, every couple years park for us - no real threat (in our opinion) to WDW or UO. It's a really enjoyable day, like some of the local amusement parks around the country - not a vacation destination like WDW and UO can be. I don't know if the changes at SW are better - but they certainly were necessary for their survival in Orlando. They continue to do well in Orlando, probably because of the crowds brought in by WDW and UO. But I would never travel to Florida (or Cali or Texas) just to do SW.

SW, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica make for an excellent, relatively cheap trip. With the right DC ticket, you've got admission to DC then admission to all the other parks for 14 days surrounding the DC day, and free parking at all the parks.

Otherwise, SW is a nice one-day add on to the other Orlando parks. 2 days would be ideal to see all the shows, ride all the rides, and see all the animal exhibits. In one day, you're inevitably skipping some things.

5 coasters in one park.
AP benefits are outstanding.
Festivals are nearly year round. Many cultures represented.
No other park has the animal experiences they do.
Price is better than the other Orlando parks.
No reservations needed.
Busch Gardens included in passes.
Sesame Street mini park inside.
We love each park system for it's own unique flavors and have spent up to 30 days per year since we're married. We don't see a best, just different experiences.

I think Sea World is trying to compete with Universal but going after a different target market compared to Disney. Sea World has all thrill coasters except Journey to Atlantis (I know some don't consider it a coaster) and maybe Ice Breaker. Kraken, Mako, Pipeline, Manta all have 54" height requirements. For people looking for non thrill rides or families with kids too old for the Sesame Street area but not ready for the big coasters, there is almost nothing to ride.

I think they need to add some indoor rides like a dark ride and some more low thrill rides similar to what some other Sea World parks like San Diego have.

I am a coaster enthusiast and enjoy Disney a lot but I am looking to ride a lot of coasters in 1 park. I really like what Sea World has been adding and visit around 8 - 10 times a year. Without the coasters, I'd probably wouldn't visit at all and instead of having a Platinum Pass, I would have gotten the pass that only includes Busch Gardens and Adventure Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter